arizer solo isnt that good

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MattmPsi, Mar 3, 2015.

1. #1 MattmPsi, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Just got it..it scooby snacks into your mouth and i can barely even pull any air through the tube.

Whys this thing $245?

2. It's $130 or less on eBay

3. You can either buy a screen or put a small bit of cotton in there to prevent scooby snacks. As far as draw restriction goes while you inhale lift the stem up just a tiny bit for improved air flow then set it fully back into the chamber once you end your hit.

4. #4 puddleglum, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    The "Scooby Snacks" thing, you can either use a screen, or just use whole unground nugs. Some people use a water tool.

The draw restriction is a known "thing" about the Solo. The manufacturer believes the unit works better if you take a slow, tight hit--if the draw was unrestricted, too much air would pass over the heater and lower the temperature.
    There are desktop units that run off AC power that can deliver much bigger hits with unrestricted airflow, by virtue of not having to be battery-efficient.

If you have ever used something like MFLB then you know the Solo's comparatively long battery life is a real blessing! Restricted air flow was one of the trade-offs to achieve that design goal.

You wiggle the stem as suggested above, or you can purchase an aftermarket stem with improved airflow from 3rd party vendors. :)

5. Thank you everyone. All this stuff was so helpful!:)

6. Also the solo has a lot of conduction going on with the herb that touches the bottom of the chamber, so for a more convection route try using your solo upside down for an entire session. It definitely extends the flavor of your herbs and is just a touch more conservative. The solo is a good vape once you learn a few tips and tricks.

7. Yeah. I kinda thought i was getting somethig dummy proof for 245..but oh well.

8. Takes some getting used to! I love mine, I got a good deal on eBay.

9. I paid about $130 for mine.

10. I think the question is how could you pay full retail for a vape that can be had for less than half that.... :huh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 Anything surprise me, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    2fff123

12. What do you mean by Scooby snacks lol? Like weed goes through?

13. Ouch $245?

14. #14 ThreeFiftyZzz, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    I also didnt like my solo at first. Then it really grew on me. I still don't like the taste but that's my weeds fault. Im actually using it right now to vape my kief. I use a tip of a qtip and also a metal screen on top of the kief and it works great. Got mine from puffitup for $160.

15. I made a mod to my stem, just as the one you buy it has little slits on the bottom I just used a dremal tool (very carefullly so you dont get glass shrouds in your eye....) but you do run the risk of cracking the stem as I now have small hair line crack that most likey gets brittle when heated but its been like that for quite some time now without insodent. If your going do this you should most likey have one for a spare just in case but.....airflow is great now