Extreme Q vs. one-hitter

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by old_doober, Mar 2, 2015.

1. So I've started smoking again after a 20-odd year hiatus. I've been using a one-hitter for about a week and have been getting pretty ripped off of one or two hits. At this rate, my weed will last for ages. I'm looking at getting an Extreme Q because of health and smell benefits, but am I going to end up using a lot more weed with it? Won't there be a bunch of wasted vapor if I'm getting high off so little? It's hard to imagine using less pot than in a one-hitter, but everyone seems to agree that vapes use less weed. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. #2 King718, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Well yeah you would use less weed with vaporizing. You only need a tiny bit to get ripped if you vape correctly.
    The amount of weed you use would also depend on the efficiency of the vape as well. The MFLB is pretty efficient when it comes to conserving bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I guess I should clarify that I'm looking at a desktop vaporizer (Arizer Extreme Q), not a smaller portable unit like the MFLB. Not sure if this makes a difference, but it seems the chamber size on the desktop might require more weed to make it work properly. 

• Like Like x 1
  4. There are several vaporizers that are known to be very efficient with herb, perfect for someone like yourself who only uses a small amount. But it sounds like your mind is already made up on the Arizer (which is a good brand). While not the #1 most efficient, I think the Arizer will be much more efficient than smoking. Even if it is not more efficient, it is still a good investment in your health. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. I do believe you can elbow pack tiny amounts of weed with the eq and get ripped. Vaping is much better than smoking imho. Better taste, can use the vaped weed for edibles or qwiso, conservation, smell, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks for the replies! Ordered the Arizer today :)

7. One or two one hitter hits get you ripped? My tolerance is fucked! So jealous. I have to smoke about two large bowls from a water pipe to get baked now.

8. IF I was you Id put that Q aside for a while since your tolerance is soo low right now the Vape will drive it up.....Mark My words. That vape is great and all but Everyone here knows that if you can get ripped of two hits I know, I remember that time in my kife and would love it back.

BUT Vapes do ramp up the tolerence....Like I said while your tolerence is still low use the one hitter

mabey bring out the vape on the weekends

just saying what I would do if I was you 

9. #9 lwien, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    I've been vaping 5 to 6 times a week for over 6 years and my tolerance is still super low.   Ya just gotta know what to do to keep it that low.

• Like Like x 3
  10. How do you keep it low if you using that offten? 

• Like Like x 1
    If I ever feel that my tolerance is beginning to creep up, I'll do the following:

Skip a day.

Switch strains.

Switch vape signatures.    What I mean by this is to switch the methods of delivery either by switching to a different vaporizer or just switching the method that one uses with the same vape.    As an example, with my LSV, I'll switch from vaporbonging to just using the transfer wand without any water filtration and then back again.

By doing the above, it resets my tolerance to it's low level.    Currently, I can get totally blasted from 3 strong hits.    It's been that way for years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thanks for the tip and I can see this being true as last week some time I brought out the old mflb havnt used it for a long long time.....But I was impressed with it again I was pretty high. I guess a combo of knowing how to use it and not using it for a while made it awsome 

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 lwien, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015

Yup.    Same thing happens when people get a new vape.   I've seen it happen so many times that when they get it, they'll come on here or over at FC and proclaim that this is the best vape that they've ever had and gets them totally blasted, but then, the signature sets in and it's time to switch things up a bit.

Switching strains though can be just as effective.