Increase THC

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by atticflowers, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Using a combination of uv, 48 of darkness and BFX could definitely raise thc 3-5%, hell if u tear up the leaves and poke her with pins you might even squeeze some more. I don't doubt that. But one singular "I'll save you from your crappy growing skills/crappy genetics" super serum in a bottle won't cut it man. I just refuse to stop believing in "shit in, shit out"

Nothing can do better than a grower with skills and top shelf genetics + great nutrients.

What is the source of this copy/paste information?

3. You should be thanking him for dropping this amazing info on you. The links and sources are there, smh

4. #44 kygiacomo, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    Edit:ebay saler also.. i cant post link on here from it,but the reason i posted it is only my opinion of whats in canna boost..i wanted others to see the claims of this and see the thoughts on it. if anyone has ever used boost it does do most of this stuff that is claimed from this brass

5. #45 waktoo, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

They are not.

Thanks man. Thread title?

6. tried to edit bc u can find it on ebay also 

7. #47 kygiacomo, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    u can believe what u what i tend to believe what i have seen with my own eyes. im not the only person that believes in it or has seen it. google chitosan oligosaccharide!! if u dont want to have a open mind its all good. just move along and dont worry about whats posted in this thread. its called advanced growing tech for a reason were not in the beginner section for a reason.. all im saying is when u boost the plants own defense system and induce SAR there are alot of things that happens within the plant.As i have said on the other page i did not sit and do hours and hours of research to create more trichs. my research started with prevention of botrytis. i just happen to learn this substance does alot more then just inhibit botrytis spores. u can put it in the soil and also kill the pests  larave to,that fkk with our plants.. u can use Aloe vera to induce SAR as well which i will be using as well.
     here is a good article for u to ponder on though!

How does the level of THC in marijuana increase?
    As the level of THC production up to a marijuana plant is defined by their genetics, you can not increase your level beyond the breaking point, however, maximum production is rarely achieved; then it is possible to stimulate the plant to reach its optimal level of production. The goal is to increase resin production in the plant, which will increase the total amount of THC.
    For that we can, for example, practice a slight water stress at the end of flowering. Dryness favours the formation of the ground resin.
    [​IMG]Cannabinoid extraction

\nAs the resin is the primary means of defense of the marijuana plant, we can optimize production stimulating the systemic acquired resistance of the plant with the help of stimulating natural defenses (SDN). We can mention, for example, exogenous elicitors as laminarin, oligosaccharide famines seaweed extract (Laminaria digitata) or chitosan from crustacean shells.
    There are also mimetic molecules and enhancers like phytohormones, such as Methyl jasmonate derivative Jasmine essential oil, or salicylic acid or abscisic acid. To finish we can use stimulators of vitality, such as vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), and C (ascorbic acid).
    http://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/cannabinoids-and-their-medicinal-properties/

And even more info with this compound im been talking about. 

History:
    Chitin is one of the most abundant polysaccharide found in nature. It is often considered a cellulose derivative, although it does not occur in organisms producing cellulose. 
    Chitin was first found in Mushrooms in 1811 by Professor Henri while he was Professor of Natural History and Director of Botanical Gardens at the Academy Science Nancy, France, that was later to be called Chitin. 
    During 1830's it was isolated from insects and named Chitin.
    The name chitin is derived from Greek meaning tunic or envelope. 
    During 1850's Professor C. Roughet discovered while experimenting with Chitin that it could be transferred into water soluble form through some chemical reaction and in late 1870's name Chitin modified to Chitosan and later on much of the research was focused on these compounds. 
    Chitosan is a polysaccharide of Glucosamine which is derived from Chitin.
    It is formed through a process of deacylation of the Chitin molecule. Chitin/Chitosan is also a constituent part of cell walls of parasitic fungi. 
    These days it is being produced from the processing waste of crabs, shrimps, oysters and fungi.

Importance of Chitosan in Agriculture

Everybody had an idea that these days use of biologically active and environmentally friendly substances for plant protection as well as growth enhancing is becoming an indispensable part of modern agriculture system.
    This is especially more common in developed world where the governments and people becoming more conscious about using toxic chemicals on plants. Under these circumstances people need to use certain plant protecting substances that do not accumulate in soil, plants, animals and human body and that can easily degrade in natural environment. Secondly they want those substances that have the ability not only to increase plant stability against unfavorable conditions like disease and insects but also have the ability to increase the crop yield and improve its quality.

One of the most promising way of improving plant protection and quality is the method of inducing non specific resistance against such stresses based on natural plant potential activation according to model worked out by nature itself and activation of plant growth enhancing mechanism.

Plant resistance to pathogens and growth enhancing factors are based on various mechanisms such as: formation of induced antibiotics, proteinase inhibitors, and active oxygen form, maintenance of hormonal balance, activation of enzymes etc as well as modification of the plant cell wall by lignin, suberin and silicum. 

These protective and growth enhancing mechanisms are induced by various substances separately but Chitosan, a non toxic, organic and biodegradable natural biopolymer meets all these requirements. 

Chitosan possess a high growth stimulating efficacy combined with antifungal and antibacterial activity of systemic character.

All these properties have a prolonged effect and cause no damage to agro ecology. Chitosan has wide scope of application on various plants. 

It can be used through irrigation as well as though foliar sprays. Once being applied through foliar or irrigation to plants it provides plant protection against fungal infection by rapid expression of a number of defense responses, including accumulation of phenolic compounds and formation of structural barriers at sites of attempted fungal penetration.
    Chitosan inhibits the reproduction of pathogens and also induces activation of genes, which produces protease inhibitors that help protect against insect attack. It also stimulates the plants hormones responsible for root formation, stem growth, fruit formation and development.

Plants do not contain Chitosan but they do secrete Chitinase enzyme. Structurally there is a small amount of Chitinases in plants but once the Chitosan is being absorbed by plants it improves the activity and content of Chitinase enzymes and eventually plants with high Chitinase activity has better resistance to diseases.

There are two types of Chitosan oligosaccharide products available in the market, one having low molecular weight Chitosan compounds and other with higher molecular weight....

....Apart from its disease resistance and growth promoting effect Chitosan use can also improve the beneficial microbial activity when used in soil or soil less medium.
    This increase in microbial activity helps in conversion of organic nutrition (not available) to inorganic (available) form. It also helps in making a better root system that helps plants to absorb more nutrients from medium. 

In general Chitosan can help improve the fertilizer use efficiency, increase number and size of flowers/fruits, increase the shelf life of produce and this all ultimately lead to more production with less or no use of toxic substances for insect and disease control.

With the growing awareness about Chitosan I believe strongly that this will be the product of this century for better plant growth.

At the end I would like to say that in life it is not the strongest nor the most intelligent survive but the ones most adaptable to change. Always try to use safe (safe for Animals, Human beings and Environment) products for plant growth in order to make this world a better place for living.

SUMMARY
    Chitosan is used primarily as a plant growth enhancer, and as a substance that boosts the ability of plants to defend against fungal infections. It is approved for use outdoors and indoors on many plants grown commercially and by consumers. The active ingredient is found in the shells of crustaceans, such as lobsters, crabs, and shrimp, and in certain other organisms. Given its low potential for toxicity and its abundance in the natural environment, chitosan is not expected to harm people, pets, wildlife, or the environment when used according to label directions.

I. DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT

Chitosan (poly-D-glucosamine) is one of the most common polymers found in nature. Structurally, it is related to cellulose, which consists of long chains of glucose molecules linked to each other. In chitosan, the building block of the chains is a slightly modified form of glucose. [For another pesticide active ingredient structurally related to chitosan and cellulose, see chitin, also called poly-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine.] Like chitin, chitosan is present in the shells of all crustaceans and insects, and in certain other organisms including many fungi, algae, and yeast. Commercially, chitosan is prepared from chitin, which is isolated from the shells of crustaceans after the edible parts have been removed.

II. USE SITES, USES, TARGET PESTS, AND APPLICATION METHODS

Use Sites: Many field crops, ornamentals, and turf grown in fields, home gardens, nurseries, and other sites.

Uses: Plant defense booster; plant growth regulator (enhancer).
    Target Pests: Helps plant defend against certain fungal diseases, including early and late blight, downy and powdery mildew, and gray mold.

Application Methods: Spray on leaves throughout growing season, with applications every one to two weeks as needed.

ASSESSING RISKS TO HUMAN HEALTH
    No risks to humans are expected when products containing chitosan are used according to label directions. In toxicity tests, the only effect seen was slight skin irritation after chitosan was applied to skin.

ASSESSING RISKS TO THE ENVIRONMENT
    Risks to the environment are not expected because chitosan has not shown toxicity in mammals, it is abundant in nature, and it is used in tiny amounts. E.P.A. Fact sheet link
    hiâ„¢ is a plant growth regulator that improves the yield, health and vigor of a plant, it is like using an organic growth hormone. Chi is a patented EPA registered concentrate containing chitosan oligomers and a chitosan salt. Chitin is a naturally occurring polymer found in many fungi. Chitin also makes up the outer shell of insects and crustaceans. Chi is an all-natural product manufactured from ocean crustaceans. When applied as a foliar application to plants it provides protection against fungal infection and increases structural strength. Chi also induces activation of genes, which produce protease inhibitors that help protect against insect attack.

Chi's active ingredient is Poly-D-Glucosamine, a derivative of chitin. Chi also contains additional synergistic activators that enhance the bioactivity of the Glucosamine in plants.
    Research has demonstrated that when plants are exposed to the chitosan the plants respond by thickening cell walls. This is a defense response by the plant to prevent fungal penetration and subsequent infection.

A yield response, increase in fruit size and number, has been observed on plants treated with Chi. Chi stimulates the plants to redistribute the natural plant growth hormone, auxin. Auxins are a group of naturally occurring plant regulators that are involved in such varied plant activities as stem growth, root formation, fruit formation and development.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2866471/

8. #48 waktoo, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

Thanks for the heads up bud, but I've know these things for years now.  Anyone that's spent enough time in the organics forum does as well.  That's why we utilize the raw materials that contain these "miracle" compounds in our soil mixes.

But that's soil mixin' and some folks just aren't into it, so they need bottled products to provide what nature already has.

For those folks, a big thanks sent out to kygiacomo!  [​IMG]

9. Funny.... Really seems like you knew all that info, asking for links and such

10. You are aware that everything he posted was about foliar treatments, and you just said you know all about these things and been using in your soil mix for years???? You sound like an idiot BRO

11. #51 waktoo, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

Goes to viability of content.  And it was just as I suspected, copy paste material from a portion of a lab study that was taken way out of context/misinterpreted, and then connected to a product advertisement.  Noob's rolling through reading about the magical growth benefits of brassinosteroids are going to fuck up (if not kill) their plants because of information like this.  Concentrated commercially available forms of growth hormones are nothing to be trifled with.  Aloe, coconut, kelp, and alfalfa contain all the naturally occurring PGR's a grower could ever want, plus a slew of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, amino acids, proteins, enzymes, and blah, blah, blah.  You know all the "bud fattening", "trichome swelling" crap they sell you in plastic bottles?  Chitinase (natural chitosan) can be found in malted barley.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brassinolide-24-Epibrassinolide-Brassinosteroid-Canna-Boost-Bloom-advanced-nute-/181585376241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4754f3f1

TBO, I was not.  I was concentrating more on the compounds being discussed, rather than the delivery system.  It doesn't matter, really.

Aloe juice, coconut water, kelp, alfalfa, and malted barley teas all get utilized for foliar application, as well as being used in the soil.  All to "increase THC"...  [​IMG]

Idiots know their compounds and how to provide them with having to pay for overpriced bottles of water and bags of lab chemicals... 

If you'd care to engage in civil discourse, I extend an open invitation for you to visit the organics forum.  We actually get down to the science of this shit, natural style.

If not, have a good day...  bro.   [​IMG]

12. #52 OGconnoisseurG, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    ROFL! You "organic growers" are a joke and act like you know everything and no one can touch your growing skills. Funny thing is my yields and quality make organic growers look like amatures. I used to be an organic grower, then I was shown the light and now I yield 1g/watt and the quality shits on your "organic" even though my bottle nutes are 70% organic. And I don't use Paclo! Bye Felecia

13. #53 jerry111165, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015

My arent you full of yourself? Organic growers are a joke? Amateurs? And please tell me exactly how something can be "70% organic"?

You should hear yourself. Good lord.

"the quality shits on your "organic"

Says YOU.

j

• Like Like x 1
    Waktoo has been using Chitin/Chitinase derived from crustacean meal and other inputs in his soil mix for years, like many of us. The actual delivery method of the compounds matter how/why? 

Who is the (MAJOR) idiot?

Bro... *lol*!

j

15. That's because the nutes are in the soil smart guy

16. Most beautiful plant I ever saw was grown on an aeroponic aeroflo unit under rocket plasmas

My grand father did that living soil crap. Gave it nothing but water and teas because all the nutes were in the dirt. And I gotta tell ya, the fact that you yield less and have to make that nasty discusting crap kills me. Furthermore, his bud did taste great but not as good as coco grown and especially not as good as dwc and aero grown.

Due to plant count I had to get rid of my aeroflo60 and it killed me a little. Best tasting bud ever.

Not to say that soil doesn't have its place, and not to say that soil grown is terrible. But there's a reason why we came after the dinosaurs. And there's a reason why our hobby has embraced hydro after soil.

17. #57 dekabos, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015

The arrogance in that post was at damn near toxic levels. No need to hate on those of us who don't enjoy keeping our plants on "life support," as it were.

Wow...mind blown!

18. Look. I've tried soil. Even half soil half coco. It just wasn't for me. Or my business. The dispensaries I provide meds for expect a level of quality that an average skilled grower possessing average soil growing skills can not produce. It's just easier to produce better results with coco. And when your in 25 gallon pots burning through almost 7k in nutrients every three months and facing a 3k light bill a month, it's a no brainier.

I am chapter 20 compliant and am a liscenced grower. I will not do what dispensaries do and use crappy cheap nutrients and terrible soil mixes to bring down their overhead; thusly allowing them to sell their meds as low as 75 an ounce. Hence why I stay in business. Because their ROI on my product is anywhere from 40-60%. And you better believe that my flowers are not getting pimped for 75 an ounce.

So there you have it, if soil was so great. Hydro wouldn't have existed. Can a grower out there put out better quality meds than me in soil? Absolutely. But I bet he sweats more than I do and puts in way too much effort.

The car was invented for a reason bro. And progress is progress.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #59 dekabos, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015

Let me break this down for you. If you know what you're doing with organic gardening, you might drop a hundred or two to get cover crops, companion plants, dynamic accumulators, and whatever else going that you're inclined to bring to the table. After that initial work, though, you get to leave it alone and watch as it gets better and better as you spend almost no money or energy working on it. I don't have to break up my ground - plant roots do it for me. There's the essence of what I'm talking about. If I can let a plant growing or some other natural process, equally inevitable, do the heavy lifting /for me/, I'd say I'd be crazy not to let it do the work. You want to drop thousands on nutes every month? Be my guest, but personally, I don't miss those days. 

If you actually tried my crop and complained that it wasn't tasty enough because it grew in soil I would laugh in your face. There are good growers and shitty growers across every medium. Pretty funny, though, that growers try so hard to reinvent the wheel in growing a plant that wants so badly to grow on its own. It's really not that hard.

20. Sorry but no. I can not allow quality to drop. The commercial growing community here is very tight knit. There's only a few soil growers because the rest of the soil growers have gone to dwc and coco. And now they're able to command more per unit since their quality sky rocketed.

Every soil grower always says "if you tried my bud you wouldn't believe how good it is" and that's so false. Only a handful of times have I ever actually had great outstanding soil grown flowers.

And there is no need to reinvent the wheel. No one will change the commercial growing game. It's one big ass pot per big ass gavita. No one will change that. And my grandfather once told me something and that something stuck with me and I will make sure to tell the same thing to my son when he is old enough to be brought into the business. My grandfather said "never take advice from someone who has less lights than you, someone who bangs less pounds than you and someone who hasn't been growing as long as you.

The dirt crap might be great for your personal head stash but as far as commercial growing goes? No, especially if you actually want to command a high price.

So keep your dirt. I'm good where I'm at.