Increase THC

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by atticflowers, Mar 1, 2015.

1. I'm looking for some proven tips/tricks to increase THC production in plants? Weather it be a certain ferts,additives, etc. Has to be something that will work for any strain. Also lookin for a way to see what percentage thc a plant has?

2. The only way to prove it would be lab tests with the same plants side by side in different grow rooms... but I have heard that if you cut the light to 10 hrs when you think there is one week left, the plant the plant tries extra hard and you get just that much more goodness. :bongin:

3. 10 on 10 off?

No, 10 on 14 off

5. Is it something u tried yaself or u just read/heard about it?

6. I've only read about it. I may try it this time around. I'm trying 12/12 from seed (my seedlings were under 24 hr light for 12 days from breaking ground, then put into my flower room under 1000w hps.

7. Solid growing skills, a dialed in grow environment, and good genetics are all that is needed to maximize THC production.

There's nothing you can do to a plant that will make it produce more THC than it's genetic potential will allow...

8. So u dont need nutes at all

You really don't! Drop into the organics section and read a couple of the stickies to get your mind blown by how healthy a plant you can grow without ever giving it anything but water.

10. #10 waktoo, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

Of course you need nutrients.  That knowledge falls under the heading of "solid growing skills".

How you provide food for your plants depends greatly on what growing method you wish to use.  Hydro?  Soil with bottled chemical nutrients?  Organic water-only soil?  Indoor/outdoor?  There are a lot of ways to skin a cat...

"Certain fert's and additives" are usually nothing more than gimmickry and marketing hype.  Learning how to read the ingredients lists on the back of bottled fertilizers and understanding what they mean will serve you well in the years to come.  Learning some basic plant biology/physiology will as well...

Cannabis is not some magical plant with special needs.  Learn how to grow a healthy tomato plant (or any vegetable for that matter), and cannabis will be a walk in the park.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1. good genetics.
    2. read the growing guide.
    3. good medium.
    4. good practices, see item 2 and apply.
    5. patience.
    6. good dry.
    7. good cure.
    8. great smoke!

• Like Like x 2
  12. #12 atticflowers, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Still nothing how to measure huh. Thanks for whats provided so far

13. Ultraviolet is your answer. It's why the strongest strains are found growing naturally in the wild close to the equator, something along the lines of the invisible UV rays basically causing sunburn to the plants, which actually slightly damages plant cell tissue but triggers the release of a protein used to resist the damage, increasing thc as a byproduct, almost like how pinching a plant will damage the plant so that it heals stronger than before. Many higher model grow lights, LED's in particular, have UV diodes built in for this reason, but a separate cheap UV light that you could use periodically in a setup of your choosing would have the same effect. It does cut down on yield slightly, however, I do believe this is the technology you speak of, capable of turning ok weed into dank.

:ey:
    http://bigbudsmag.com/get-more-thc-from-your-medical-marijuana-plants-using-uv-light/

• Like Like x 1
  14. Two days before I harvest I kill the lights completely. Makes for beautiful sparkly buds. But I don't think its actually increasing potency.

15. Thats what im talkin about, good looken out!

16. #17 kygiacomo, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    CHITOSAN Oligosaccharide will help to trigger the plants natural defense system and part of the plants natural defense system is to produce more trichomes. i have never had a lab tested my plants before but i do know for a fact that when u use chitosan on the plants it will make it produce a hell of a lot more trichs..bud factor x active ingrediant is 33% chitosen oligsaccaride. the best place to to source the raw chitosan olig is on ebay

17. UV is only way other than some secret formula foliar sprays during flower that I know of

18. Secrets that I was not willing to spill, but you did.....

• Like Like x 1
  19. #20 kygiacomo, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    when i started my research into bud rot prevention i ran across this stuff..it wasnt till later on that i learned that in addition to making the plant resist bud rot it also made it produce a hell of alot more trichs. which makes since bc it is inducing SAR/ISR in the plant and the trichomes are part of its defense system.

Edit: this is why bud factor x costs so much. alot of ppl say bud factor x is only water and magnesium but they are not well educated to make this claim