1st run organic soil Blue dream. Need advice. Led. 7 weeks flowering.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by RedWriggler, Mar 1, 2015.

1. #1 RedWriggler, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    This is my first run with organic soil. So far im liking the results. She yellowed a week early for my liking but that seems normal. This is the beginning of week 7. What do you guys think? How much longer?

IMG_0086.JPG IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0088.JPG

sorry the pics are sideways

2. I'm not familiar with the particular strain - hopefully somebody else that is will chime in. It does look like your plants yellowed a tad prematurely but overall it looks like you'll be harvesting some very nice herb in another couple weeks. Nice buds!

j

3. Thank you i appreciate that. i have 6 gallon pots for the next run, the plant pictured is in a 3 gal pot. I actually have 12 ladies flowering. 2 green crack, 1 blue OG, 1 G13, 1 Liberty Haze, 1 Blue cheese and 6 blue dream. All in organic soil. Watering with rainwater and Tea's. Hopefully using the bigger pot size will help the premature yellowing. . .more soil, full of goodies = happy plants 

4. I would say step up the pot size. I am in 3 gallon smarties and I am finding out I need twice that size. I would bring my yield way up with larger pots. I am on week 5 and not yet getting the yellowing but I know it would help to have larger pots.

5. ive got a few that i started later that are in the bigger 6 gal pots, they look pretty good so far.

6. It really does make a difference using larger pots. If this is your first run with (homemade?) organic soil then I'd certainly say that you're on the right track and can look forward to many nice future gardens. Good job!

J

7. Thank you for the kind words. 
    Jerry, this is my first run in homemade organic soil that i mixed and cooked. i use to use chemicals and soil but i made the full switch to organic. im glad to hear that the bigger pot size should make the plants better. 

8. That's some gorgeous shit man......simply gorgeous. Organic growing so easy...so rewarding...I'll wager your happy as heck you went that way...wait till you start your cure and smell your weed in the jar...blow your head off it smells so strong....great job.

9. thank you BB. i have never been this excited about a harvest. The plants are better all the way around with organics...the smell, trichs..its just beautiful.

10. anybody have a guess as to how much longer? ive never grown blue dream before. .

11. multiple ways to tell usually a combo of methods, red hairs laying down, trichome milky and a few amber is what I go by, Blue dream should be about 8-9 week strain

12. Here's some up close shots. I could use some advice on the trichs.....i'm color blind and its hard for me to see amber..this is blue dream, just started 8th week flowering

Attached Files:

13. little hard to tell under that light, but wow those leaves are coated.  look awesome!

14. Thank you. Its pretty exciting.

15. Beautiful plants! Just gorgeous.

8 weeks from flip or from nug formation?

16. What led lights are you using?

17. I stole your bud pic for my desktop wallpaper....Looks Very Nice!