SNL Skit About ISIS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TesseLated, Mar 1, 2015.

1. #1 TesseLated, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    http://youtu.be/DCMLMIGzy4M

Can't believe people are offended by this....

This is one of the best skits ever from them. So sick of this society being offended and esp. when they don't understand what kind of humor is behind the skit whatsoever. 

No excuse for being ignorant.

2. Lol, "Death to America".

3. that was pretty fucking funny.

i think people just look for shit to offend them or something i donno.

4. Haha, I missed that (assume it was on last night?)

5.  heh, yes...I'd like to shake the guy's hand that wrote it too

Mainstream society gives 0 fucks unless some PC bs makes them uncomfortable/satirizes their 'beliefs'...pffft...Next thing you know they'll be burning down KFC's....-_-

6. It wasn't offensive but I didn't find it funny.

More depressing than anything since there are parents who lose their kids to ISIS recruitment.

7. And there are parents who lose their kids to Washington's recruitment (for the purposes of empire building).

Not agreeing there....These people need to be shown up for what they are...maybe if they were mocked on a regular basis these girls would see the idiocy of the bullshit lines they are being fed .

I will never understand why people tiptoe around these people..smh. The media puts them on every night and calls them terrorists...they want all of that. They're proud of it..lol.

These girls are being told they're queens I'm sure...and lured with the promise of adoration.. etc. Something missing in their lives for them to be attracted to that kind of pure bs. and no, not saying it's the parents fault at all.

I feel terribly for the parents....but I also understand the intent behind the skit.

9. #9 TesseLated, Mar 1, 2015
    You might be glad there are people doing it one day...ISIS spreading like a virus..or pond scum.

. . . in reaction to Washington's century-long empire building.

Yeah I know the whole argument ...we's the real villain..

What country you live in now btw..?

You can always get behind the country your ideals and strong convictions match...at any time...just sayin'   ;)

12. Very funny news from Iraq: http://youtu.be/9-4uNrfiqb4

Always found this funny aswell lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

"The argument" is simple history and common sense.

I live in America.

You lovers-of-government have really got to get a new argument -- I've been listening to the "Love it or leave it" mindless mantra for a half a century. It's completely pointless.

Here's an idea: Why don't you get YOUR beloved government the fuck out of MY country?

What the typical "Love it or leave it" robot looks like, and their grasp of the English language:

[​IMG]   [​IMG]

14. #14 TesseLated, Mar 1, 2015
    Never said I was a lover of the gov't those evil capitalists...I realize its got huge problems.....not angels of the world by any means

[​IMG]

15. #15 goober0331, Mar 1, 2015

I don't agree...I love using this shit and having the freedom to do it...I'm not protesting or down talking the place that supports and makes this shit happen in the first place...

I said already that much of the gov't has big problems- that being w/foreign policy...political bullshit, and all manner of problems that many countries deal with....with the exception of Switzerland...there ya go Fizz..how does that country work for ya?

More like the US general pop is the top 1% of the world..

[​IMG]

Get some perspective at least...Women have to hold their piss all day in India because they don't have toilets...gmafb. We have some srs first world problems to take care of here -_-  Your cable too expensive? How about that internet speed?

Going to a country next yr to teach kids to read...so they can get an education, earn money, and buy iPhones one day...I know, awwwww...ain't that sweet?

What you all going to do next year? Let me guess...more shit talking about empire building and logical fallacies on the internet?  pfft

17. #17 TesseLated, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    You know I had another thought

You know I had another thought about YOUR country...

I know a man that has the biggest heart and soul in this world...He's my son and he's a 19 yr old Marine. I was very upset about him signing those papers, his life over this fucking gov't...the way I saw it. I asked him why he wanted to be a pawn for this gov't and that they didn't give a fuck all about him.

He said it wasn't about this gov't at all...he would be fighting for the people of this country...and that's what he cared about. From then on I understood. All I saw was some blind allegiance to this gov't and the whole time it was a dedication.

He may very well be killed one day doing this..He doesn't do it for a fucking paycheck. I have no illusions about what the dumb ass gov't will get them into one day, no doubt. I have to accept he'll die doing what he wanted to do for YOUR country.

18. #18 MrRaider, Mar 2, 2015
    Thats a sad story! Im interested did he grow up informed about all sides of the wars? Or did he just get it from us media? And what was your involvement? I have children and I've taught them over the years to reject war, unless you are protecting your own property. If my children went off to war id consider parts of my teachings a failure. They are not under the illusion that this is there country, and I hope they feel no obligation to protect other's way of life with their own. Especially in a foreign country that is no threat to us personally. I wonder exactly why he thinks he has to fight in some foreign land for my freedom? There is not a legitimate threat to my freedoms outside of our own government. I feel zero threat or pressure from isis or anyone thousands of miles away. If they came to my little town and assaulted me it would be just that a criminal charge against me. Not against all, and "our" way of life. Id wonder what he thinks my way of life is? And what exactly is he fighting for?
    Please dont mis read this, your son has his reasons and im sure he believes in them. But please spare me he is doing it for our country bs. It's not our country, I don't claim ownership or responsibility for it. Im truly interested in why people believe this? Or actually I should say im interested if people would naturally feel this way? This to me is a little like isis or anyone we demonize. The fanatically religious and or patriot types. People who believe they are fighting for a greater good or what have you. Fighting for their country? As if they own it and manage it.......odd

Ps I hope that your son stays safe.

So he, and you, have bought into the government/military propaganda -- hook, line and sinker -- that somehow killing shoeless peasants in their huts on the other side of the world benefits American citizens.

I know you're serious because there are millions of Americans who agree with you. A great example was the guy in the photo I posted above.

And, BTW, your son isn't doing those things for his country -- he's doing them for his government (politicians). Huge difference.

Think about it.

20. #20 TesseLated, Mar 2, 2015
     You clearly did not read anything I said about him and me talking to him about it...smh...and what his feelings were on the matter. Guess you think I supported this decision..I already said I did not. 

You're not going to change my opinion with any of it. I can have one in your country.