Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mold situation.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Bad Kid, Mar 1, 2015.

1. So I just picked up 6 grams of some nice quality bud and upon closer inspection of the buds had a cotton like growth attached to it. It is probably mold might be a piece of cotton... Am I fine if I take it off, throw the whole nug away or throw all of the 6 grams away?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Southeast stoner, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Depends how bad the infestation is, I personally have never and moldy weed bad enough to were I couldn't pull off the bad stuff, if you can though try and talk to your connect they will give you a refund if they have some dignity and I'd they don't obviously you don't need I shop with them. cheers!

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

3. I didn't take pics of it but it wasn't deep on the bud it was somewhat on the surface and super easy to get off with no effort. I compared it to cotton and it looks the same just a bit crystally from the thc..

4. Yeah but how would cotton get on your bud? I mean it's possible, but it's safer to assume it's mold and throw out the affected bud,or at least cut a large portion away from where the mold was, because mold has "roots" that go farther than where you see the actual mold. Snap a pic if you can.

5. I immediately tossed took the mold off and tossed it and set aside the bud. Of course the one with the formation has to be the biggest one-.- hahaha

6. Never smoke anything that you suspect could be mold, very very dangerous!! You don't want to be the guy who died from a lung infection after smoking bad weed, certainly not now that it's getting more accepted!

From the sound of it, it doesn't really sound like mold, I've had all kinds of strings and hair in my bud before, so it could well be cotton, but to be safe you're probably better of like you did, as much as it sucks tossing weed!

Had to toss some dank orange bud once, upon first inspection it looked fine, till I got home and cracked open the biggest bud. A very sad day haha!