Is it bad to smoke while getting over an ex?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by maelisajane, Mar 1, 2015.

1. I don't smoke often and am going through a breakup, it's been a week and it still hurts, obviously. I got high two days after it happened and lots of the time I couldn't stop thinking about him.. I'm a little worried that if I get high again, I'lol have the same issue. But I also just want to get baked and relax... Although I sort of doubt that will be the

2. Hell no.

The worst thing tha could happen is you become a pimp with only 4 hoes.

3. Oops, OP is a female.

Well there are female pimps so I stand by my last statement.

4. So I should just stop worrying, right?

5. if it was a serious relationship its going to take a while to move on, with or without smoking. just compartmentalize your emotions and throw them away. go find yourself a new guy

6. Ive been watching some Greys Anatomy with my lady so im practically a doctor... i normally prescribe atleast one crazy ass smoke sesh. Like im talking bong rips until u cant flick ur bic... you wont be able to think about more then the wall ur staring at :).. after that all will be well each time u toke

7. Smoke, drink, masturbate, fight...it's all fair

8. When one door closes another one opens.

Really think about it.

9. Weed isnt a depressant

10. yes it's bad to rely on a crutch to get you through tough times.   you'll only become more dependent on it.   imo

11. This. Not saying don't smoke, just don't rely on that to get your mind on others things. It takes time to clear your mind of an ex, smoking isn't likely to speed things up.

12. Not at all homie, I went through a pretty bad breakup a few years ago (and am still dealing with the fall out), and I smoke whenever I get the chance. It definitely takes the edge off.

13. I smoke when im happy and i smoke when im sad

Shit, i just blaze ganja regardless, fuck a reason

14. Smoking a session always helps when I'm feeling down.

15. Fuck that, smoke the pain away.  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:

Works for me.

16. I'm still getting over an ex. It sucks. I don't smoke as much as I used to but every once in a while I do and it makes me feel a lot more ...."independent" for lack of a better word right now. Anddddd I just ordered a new Sheldon Black and I plan on getting super baked.
    Take care of yourself :)

17. I get more sentimental when I'm high. I go from ultra-aggressive to semi-aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. It would be for me.

Sometimes I get anxious after I smoke, so dealing with a breakup + plus anxiety from smokinh would be a bad combo.

19. You have to have a good mental state when you blaze to be able to enjoy it. If you're already sad and then you smoke, your chances of it making things worse is pretty high. If you're able to change your mental state easily, go for it. Smoke to enjoy it, not to get over him otherwise it'll take a long ass time. Or just go outside and party with friends, that works the best. [​IMG]

20. It's best to surround yourself with things that will take your mind off of the recent break-up. Go out with friends, see a movie, listen to happy music (I suggest some upbeat ska like reel big fish or the mighty mighty bosstones. Horns make everyone happy). If you want to smoke a bowl or two go for it, but don't stay in your house for too long. Go for a walk. Just occupy yourself, and before you know it, You will be over him and realize you've gotten back to living.