Canna Plant question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Forkboy, Mar 1, 2015.

1. I just wanna know if my plant has any problems? Looks like the leaves on the bottom are turning yellowish? Might beh lacking of nutes? BTW the two cotyledons just fell off so assuming this on his veg stage. Is it Okey if I just use organic cow and chicken manures for the nutes?

2. How do u upload pics here?

3. Right next to the post button (more reply options)

4. #6 GoldGrower, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015

It's either vegging or flowering, there are no other stages.

Organic manures need to be composted for several months before they can be used, but even then, they need to be mixed in to the soil. You could top dress the soil but results are far from optimum. There are many liquid fertilisers available, these would be much easier to administer at this late stage.

I cannot be sure whether they need nutes or not at this time without a photo of the plants, the whole plants btw, not just a picture of a leaf.

I use photobucket to upload my photos and then use the IMG code to embed the picture in to the forum, but I am told that you can upload directly to the forum if you prefer 

5. Thanks for the reply guys! So here's the photo of my one and only baby. BTW I'm from the beautiful islands of the Philippines 😚💨💨

6. Or maybe I put too much perlite on top of the soil that's why some leaves on the lower part got burnt? Well... I didn't really mix the perlite into soil since the perlite came late. So I just sprinkled it on top of the soil

7. Focus there.....no there....and please leave it alone.....IT LOOKS GREAT dont change a thing!!!!

Attached Files:

8. Really bro? So those leaves underneath doesn't do anything with the over nutes or any problem?

9. I wanna know also if these are indica or sativa or hybrid? I got them seeds from up north but it was from a mystery kush

10. Lower....upper......i dont trip and the absolute worst thing you could do to a plant is try and correct a non existent problem due to lower leaves......people get old and new growth confused every day.

Attached Files:

11. Ok I don't really get what u mean by the words u mention above. But I'm assuming my plant has no problem at all! I'm just worried bro! This for my birthday smoke out party lol

Perlite is used to aerated the soil to give oxygen to the roots. Perlite on top of the soil does nothing at all. 

The plant looks like it's being watered too often or the soil isn't adequately aerated. You may be low on nutes too, but this maybe from the pot being a little under sized. You could do with transplanting up to a bigger pot. Use good soil and mix in perlite at a 1:2 ratio, perlite : soil. This will help with the nutrient problem so you may not need to add nutes for a while after that 

13. #16 GoldGrower, Mar 1, 2015

This is terrible advice, it does not look great at all. Being satisfied with poor growth makes you a poor grower.

I think he's drunk man, his advice is always way out there 

Leaf shape suggests mostly indica but I would say it's a hybrid, most are

No, the worst thing you can do is let a plant get so sick it's almost dead before you get up off your ass and do something about it 

14. Your plant will kick the lower leaves and feed the top.....DONT WORRY

But just go with gold.....hes got you.....i dont know what im talking about LMAO

15. Because hes older OBVIOUSLY he knows more.

16. Ahhh thanks @GoldGrower yeah I will transfer the plant tomorrow in a bigger pot. I'm thinking of getting a new soil which I can buy at the local market, pure organic compost soil with organic cow and chicken manures. The ones that I use for this pot is kinda dry and cheap soil

17. #20 Forkboy, Mar 1, 2015
    Ahh you sounds like u wanted to act cool and make everyone say this guy's a pothead! Okey we all know we smoke weed here! But you know.. if u act dumbly or try hard to be cool, there's always a saying that goes "weed doesn't make you stupid, u were stupid before u smoke weed" but I still appreciate your far out comments 😚💨👌