No preflowers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by warp10, Mar 1, 2015.

1. I've got 2 (fingers crossed) girls I grew from nice bagseed. They've been vegging for just under 4 months, about 14 weeks. I'm still in the trial and error stage, they got rootbound at one point and I've been battling low humidity/high temp problems. (Australian Summer, yay)

Anyway, they're in a 70-30 coir-perlite mix, been feeding quarter to half doses of veg nutes once a week, and just started bloom nutes 3 weeks ago, when I flipped to 12/12.

So after 21 days under 12/12, NOT immature plants, no preflowers. I think my problem is, a friend of mine (serious! I couldn't do this to my own ladies!) came around THE DAY AFTER I flipped them, and LST'd it like crazy, removed a bunch of fan leaves and topped it in several places. Both plants. I'm assuming, they're just stunted, and growth will pick up once the plant replaces it's lost leaves?

Note - NO LIGHT LEAKS! I have 2 girls I just didn't have the heart to kill, tucked into the back corners of my tent. They've both got about 6 big fat calyxes with white pistils, and are only 8 inches tall and not topped. The others are 28 and 26 inches.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance! :D

Attached Files:

2. you really shouldnt top after flipping to 12/12, you should do that before.

and that first closeup picture is a male, you can see pollen sacs forming.

3. #3 warp10, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    I was worried it was looking that way, but I'm pretty certain those are all new growth tips and not male parts. I know it's not a good idea to top or lst right before flowering. This is why. Cheers :)

edit- I gather it's new growth as when I go down nodes to the bottom, I see the same little pointy balls, only more developed and starting to separate into obvious leaf tips.

4. yes i agree looks to be male no pistols out of the pod

5. Hope nott but if so I'll just freeze some pollen then chop him. Thanks. :)

6. Mutiple pods at the node...its a male any white hairs?

7. Nope, I'll have to take another look at both when I get home. Hopefully just the one male, if at all. A bit disappointing, 4 months is a long time to be impatient lol.

No mate, that's a male, no question at all, it's a 100% certainty.

As for the second photo, that one is severely underdosed with nutes. That will be why it can't grow any more. Use half strength nutes on every watering

9. Awesomee. :D 'tis all well, I'm good and -relaxed- now. I'll just hack him come sun up I reckon. Cheers for the info guys! First boy I've had out of 4 cycles from bagseed. Just good/bad luck I guess.

Have a good one. :)

10. So you use this plants pot as a 360 controller docking bay? Interesting why didnt i think of that!

11. Lol, just to gauge size. :D

Hey guess what? I grew a man and a hermaphrodite. For 4 MONTHS. Gotta laugh. xD

From now on I don't use bagseed I reckon. :) Peace.