Earth worms

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jeuwan, Mar 1, 2015.

1. So I dug up some worms from my back yard and I want to know if they're safe to put in the pots with my plants. If so how many worms per pot can I put ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425169251.310495.jpg

2. yup they're good! depends on how big of pots you have

3. I have a one gallon pots

4. 1 or 2, thats not very much room for them but I've definitely put worms in 1gal pots

5. You don't want worms in your pots, depending on species they will either die or dig around breaking off fine root hairs. In a plant pot they are a pest, in a wormery they are an aid. Make a wormery to give you worm castings and put that in your pots 

Sorry, but many,many,many organic gardeners have worms in their water only potted soils, myself included.  As long as they are epigeic species (composting worms) they'll do just fine.  I would not expect them to thrive in soils being fed with chemical nute's however, as they do depend quite heavily on soils thriving with microbial life as a food source. 

If worms moving through soil where detrimental to plant roots, nothing would grow outdoors...

7. #8 GoldGrower, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015

I never said they will kill them, but they will impede growth.

Worms will cause havoc with your roots as they tunnel, you would be mad to purposely introduce them 

8. Yeah I was planning on putting one or two in a pot to help it aerate a bit more but I don't wanna have stunned growth on my plants. I also read online that spiders (not spider mites) are good for plants. Only problem would be removing their webs. Anyone agrees with that I caught this one outside my house
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425240962.477453.jpg

9. Put the spider outside where it belongs...

• Like Like x 1