AK-48 Growing strange or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by FLgrowMan, Mar 1, 2015.

1. I have a Nirvana AK48 and I have noticed that my branches are growing literally straight out, no angle and there pretty stubborn when I try to get them to move, so there not grow up towards my light, I don't think its an issue of light height because there in a white wall grow room with a metal halide thats like 3ft away at the top...

Could this be a deficiency of some sort or just strain ( no other signs of deficiency ) , havent grown this one before but it just seems odd.... 

2. #2 New Destination, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Im not too knowledgable on indoor growing, but my greenhouse AK 48 last year did well. Usually AK 48 train well.

Here are a few pics.
    View attachment 1599858
    View attachment 1558134
    View attachment 1524120
    View attachment 1552694

Can you post any more info or pics?

3. Man my AK's leaves are way thicker, yours look almost sativa strain, I have an indica leaf going on, Sry thought I posted it.....

NICE PLANTS MAN!

Oh disregard the cut leaf, its due to fimming her

Attached Files:

4. Interesting. That plant looks good to me, maybe just starting to explode with growth. 

Did you get your seeds from Nirvana directly? 

Great job on getting your grow on, I love to see other peoples' grows. 

5. Bonza, which I have pretty good faith in there reliability as far as source, I was a little ticked by them because they sent me a few seeds that I wouldn't of even sold as a seed bank.. to which they didn't even germinate... But multiple orders with total success!

So maybe its just a particular pheno and thats why it looks so different from your ladies?

Thanks man! I am working on my greenhouse and I look forward to growing outside, what do you use for your grow?

Currently running KC45 &  Spontanica, Bomb cheese, and Nirvana AK48 

6. Im also running CX Hydroponics nutrient line and so far my Spontanica likes it and has a very good color to it but this will be my first time using there line and there isn't many reviews I can find on their products.... 

7. Try going through Nirvana directly. Last year I ran regular AK 48 seeds and had 10/10 germ, I had 5 females.

Could just be a nice Indica pheno...I love AK 48, any pheno lol.

I heavily upgraded my greenhouse this year. I mainly use PVC, high quality greenhouse plastic, and a little shade cloth for parts of the ends. I predig huge holes and mix them with stuff like glacial rock dust, crab meal, kelp meal, perlite, ewc, etc.

How do you like the Bomb Cheese? 

8. Yeah we will see what it does maybe it will be a great pheno

As for the Cheese this is my first, after all the reviews on Cheese I had a chance to get it and I can't wait to see what it puts out! I have heard that they are one of the best and the fact that they smell of cheese is really cool to me! 

How about you are you just doing AK48? Any others? Are you strictly outside?

9. Cheese usually produce and stink a lot.

I am doing outdoor greenhouse again this year, but with a way better set up. No indoor yet. For sure I will be running AK 48 again, Aurora Indica, Ice, LA Confidential from DNA, Fruit Punch from Heavyweight, Critical Kush from Barneys, candy kush autos, white widow auto, bubblicious auto,  royal medic seeds, and a few seeds I found in bomb bud at cannabis cup. I grow legally for my others and my own medical needs, so I needed a larger variety this year. 

10. I'd love to follow your grow if you have a journal

11. Im going to start one ill let you know! Sounds like a great variety man! I havent had any experience with autos but they really interest me, I would like to be able to just grow them in a veg setup running max light for them and see them just bud out! 

I find that some of the strains I have grow like crazy and get a bit to big in my veg room, the problem is I use regular seeds and clone but the mothers get really big for my 5x5 room and cramp space. I would love to get my hands on a bunch of different strains, Im currently breeding to make some of my favorites into one awesome plant! 

You have any journals for that setup?