What most atheists dont understand

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by MattMVS7, Feb 28, 2015.

1. I think you mistook him, personally. I think he was saying 'screw the debate part but hey, veins look like rivers is kinda cool'.

Me being a fractal nerd, i can appreciate the self similar nature of things :)

I love fractals, I remember discussing them in highschool and falling in love. I dont recall the history of fractals but I remember watching a video about a guy who designed a lot of them and used them in clothing. I always thought he must have been a stoner haha..

3. #63 Browne, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015

Happens all the time in cyberspace. One thing I've noticed since being on this forum is that people are much more "topic sensitive" as compared to the last forum I've worked on so to me what he said seemed to go along with that in how it played out.

------

This is a good documentary on the subject. David Gilmore from Pink Floyd does some of the soundtrack on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6QU94xAb8

------

5. Watching it now! Thanksmate

6. Exactly what I have been saying.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

7. I like how you changed your entire argument from condemning science to condemning the pop culture that science has created. This is what I meant by how you write lots of words but with little meaning.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

8. #68 Browne, Apr 30, 2015

Well if pointing out that our fundamental understandings of reality have changed before and they can change again, just like the way Science usurped Religion, and you perceive such an act as "condemning", then I think that says a lot about your emotions concerning CHANGE. 

------ 

9. Id agree, i dont think science created 'pop science', i think it was a result of the cult of personality of Einstein and Carl Sagan, and others to a lesser extent (as well as those wanting to shed themselves of religous propoganda). Once the public became interested, arose the bridge builders so to speak, bringing science to the less technical realm. Then, as with religions, it become fractionized and its integrity was impugned in the process. I dont think all spaces of science are like this but some certainly are.

10. The act of "doing science" didn't create it. The indoctrination process called education, in which critical thoughts of the curriculum are shunned, thus producing a population in which the central thought process is stereotypical, which is the basis of popular culture, is what brought it about imho.

------

11. Just wanted to add to this, that a scientists looks at an atom and sees an "electron probability CLOUD",

Theoretically, an observer from outside of our solar system would see an "Oort CLOUD."

Self similar terminology. Must be a coincidence. : )

------

12. Don't forget that "CLOUDS" circle the earth.  So ya, god.

13. #73 Browne, Apr 30, 2015
    Good example of an intermediary scaled version of what we're talking about. *thumbs up*

Try this one on....the hemispheres of your brain reflect the populations behavioral patterns and beliefs of Earths Eastern and Western hemispheres.

Western religions have personified Gods whilst eastern religions are more energy orientated

Western economy is service oriented which reflects our problems solving skillz (logic) while Eastern economy is based upon creativity of products.

Western governments are based upon the individual (ie.constitutional republic) whilst Eastern governments are based upon collectivism (communism)

So that makes you a brain cell (information processor), in a self similar way.

------

14. I think you're reaching pretty far, grasping for something, to indicate that there is a god(s).  It's wasted on me but you're probably not writing this stuff to me really, you seem to be just thinking out loud.  That's fine though, I just don't really have anything to say about it.  I'm not going to try and argue with the comparisons you're making.  If you believe there are gods and science is the puny mortal's way of trying to understand the world absent of gods, that's fine.  Different strokes for different folks.

15. What definition of "God" are you talking about?

You seem to keep mentioning that.

Just looking for some clarification seeing as you brought it up.

------

16. God
    <span>ɡäd/</span>
    noun
    noun: God; noun: god; plural noun: gods; plural noun: the gods
    1. \t\t\t<div>1.
      \t\t<div>\t<div>(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
      \t\t\t\t\t\t\tsynonyms:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tthe Lord, the Almighty, the Creator, the Maker, the Godhead; <span>More</span>\t\t\t\t\t<div>\t\t\t\t\t<div>\t\t\t\t\t<div><span>Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh; </span>
      \t\t\t\t\t<span>(God) the Father, (God) the Son, the Holy Ghost/Spirit, the Holy Trinity; </span>
      \t\t\t\t\t<span>the Great Spirit, Gitchi Manitou; </span>
      \t\t\t\t\thumorous<span>the Man Upstairs </span>
      \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<div><span>"a gift from God"</span>
      \t\t\t\t\t
      \t\t\t\t\t</div>\t\t\t\t\t</div>\t\t\t\t\t\t\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t\t
    2. \t\t\t<div>2.
      \t\t<div>\t<div>(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
      \t"a moon god"
      \t\t\t\t\t\t\tsynonyms:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tdeity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar \t\t\t\t\t<div>\t\t\t\t\t<div>\t\t\t\t\t<div>"sacrifices to appease the gods"
      \t\t\t\t\t
      \t\t\t\t\t</div>\t\t\t\t\t\t\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t

I guess I assumed that you were skirting around god.  Maybe you're trying to point to a different magical force, I don't know.  You aren't being very direct or to the point, as far as I can tell.  To be honest, I don't really care.  And I don't mean that in a mean way.

17. Well I guess the "magical force" of consciousness would be a great place to start a definition of "God" as we know we have it, yet cannot come up with any sort of theory at all as to its nature, purpose, or origin. "Magic" is merely technology that we don't understand. And if that's true than it would be legal to say that we are "magical beings" who do not fully understand themselves.

------

18. If Christianity ever stops being a belief and becomes a fact, then I'll follow it. Until then its just a Santa clause story with zero definitive proof of anything other then a long history of both believers and non believers. Everyone has the right to believe in what ever they want

19. There are plenty of theories about consciousness. So it probably wouldn't be a great place to start.

20. Op.got banned a long.time ago. This thread is about his narcissism.

Don't feed the dead trolls

-yuri