Fragrant flowers and vines

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Bob Barker, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Mass casualties

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sun flower plants snapped. Tomato plants trashed, auto mmj ripped of leaves. I'm home most of the time and could of covered everything up but the storm hit when I was away.

2. My first purdy flower

[​IMG]

3. Nice thread I'm subbed up. Not doing a garden this year though as I'm moving in a month. Had a 80x80 and a 20x30 the last 3 years.
    Also last year I threw a bunch of pumpkin seed on an old tree stump for the animals and not I have pumpkins growing out of the old tree stump. Here's a photo plus beebalm I've topped as an experiment

Attached Files:

4. Thats pretty cool they are growing out of the stump.

This bee is a happy camper!
    [​IMG]

Just hatched a mantis egg. Let them (about 100) go in my garden/yard. I have another egg that I'm going to try to raise them in little containers.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Only got a few tomatoes so far. But the plants bounced back from the hail storm nicely.
    [​IMG]

5. Tomatoes are abundant
    [​IMG]

6. I gave away a ton of food this summer. This next go around I'm canning for sure. I'm going to make a few more beds and place them in the shade. I hope this will help me grow some greens that seem to bolt right away.

I added a few bags of composted manure to each bed and worked it in the soil. Then added a couple trash bags of leaves to each bed hoping they will break down by next year. I need to have a crawfish party so I can grind up the shells and toss'em in the beds.
    [​IMG]

7. One flower you should grow is the jasmine (Jasminum officinale). When the plant is old enough, it will bloom with a lot of white fragrant flowers that fill the area around it with its intoxicating smell. It's also a vigorous vine. The only problem is that it may need some protection during the coldest of the zone 6a winters.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app