Convincing the wife

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tcvsvfmc, Feb 27, 2015.

1. #41 tcvsvfmc, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Well, we had a talk. Things went as usual, I'm a juvenile delinquent, selfish bastard who can't think as a couple. She won't support my smoking at all. Support may be more than what in going for, though. She won't stand it.

The argument on mj being legal in so many places went down the drain, she said "cigarettes are legal also, does that make them any healthier?".

The point is not so much about weed anymore, it's her stand against something I want to do, that makes me sad. I never prohibited her from doing anything, she's an adult and can do whatever she pleases, as long as she doesn't enforce me to tag along.

It's like my experience with it doesn't matter at all, no matter how much I talk her through what I feel and all my motivation to smoke, she won't consider it.

When we married, my intention was to share life with her, each one compromising to suit the other's heart. However, on this point I can't see any compromise from her side. If anyone feels I"m being a jerk here, please speak.

Things are definitely going south now. It's hard when a marriage breaks. I always thought that, now it seems I'm living it. But deep down, it's not mj's fault alone, we've been hanging on for a long while, but this seems to have been the last drop.

2. #42 HugeEgo, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    I get all my advice from rap songs...

http://youtu.be/TUj0otkJEBo

The weeknd seems like his a pretty together dude, He pulls chicks and his advice is to ask a girl '' can we smoke or nahhh'''

he doesn't tell you what to do if she says no, because he assumes she'll never say no, so I can't help you out if she says no

On second thought...

try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQl-cZfolb4

YES, this will work, She'll love it, Plan an amazing day trip, just you and her and take a joint with you and smoke it together during a romantic walk :)

3. Ask her what her issue with it is.

4. This is one reason why marriage scares the shit outa me.  Goodluck man.

5. I did a quick skim-read on this thread and I didn't see anyone suggest trying a vaporizer.  Although it sounds like the marriage is on shaky ground for other reasons, maybe if she understood how little harm there is from vaporizing it would change her mind.

I have a very good friend who knows I'm a cannabis lover and he is dead-set against it.  We have debates about it a few times a year and he's always regurgitating crap politicians say about marijuana (gateway drug, rots your mind, makes you lazy, etc.).  No matter what new scientific report comes out showing how little harm there is with an adult using marijuana, he just can't accept it.  I don't think he ever will.  My point being that some people will just never change their minds when it's already made up.  Maybe your wife is just too damn stubborn or has the need to always be right.

I think you should send her what you wrote right there

I've told both of my parents, who are both very law-abiding and anti-drugs, about my successes with cannabis. I thought it through, wrote down my list of arguments so I could present as complete and direct a case as possible, and then went and did it as honestly as possible in a comfortable social setting. Deep, vulnerable honesty is a powerful weapon in relationships, in my experience.

(They are both OK with my smoking now)

Ah, just read this. That's a shame to read, brother, if it helps at all I think you are completely in the right here. I think you've handled it like a good man, showed consideration for her feelings at first, then presented your case, and you've discovered that your wife may not think of you as you think of her. Mayhaps this is a sad thing now, but a happy thing in the long term.

Best of luck with it all

8. I'm glad I discovered weed earlier in my wife. My wife and I have smoked since day one.