Convincing the wife

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tcvsvfmc, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Hello. I too am married and my wife and I love smoking together . We didn't have the barrier of either of us being against it ever but I think what you need to do is to sit down and have a piece of paper with facts , benefits , and your reasoning behind weed. Because no female can argue with facts , and a supplement that can benefit their health, mind and maybe even sex life . She was probably raised like me to believe anything smokable was poison but she has to escape her sheltered point of view and loosen up . It is not like your going out every night drinking with other females in fact this is something you want to share as an experience with her. Just try to give her all the facts and then give her time to soak it in, if she is hesitant but her some light edibles or candies so she can experience it that way . Good luck in your venture and May Mary Jane be there to guide you!

*Follow your heart , load the bong , spread the joy because life is short . Don't judge just love*

2. Also assure her there's nothing wrong with cannabis just as long as the person handles their responsibilities.

and constantly text her articles about medical marijuana (combats some forms of cancer) and positive news about Colorado since legalization (lower crime, fewer traffic deaths).

Ultimately I'd be careful not to argue when you debate her. Whenever things get heated step back and tell her there's no reason to get upset, it's just a discussion.

3. Obviously you aren't addicted. She's living in unblissful ignorance. I'd recommend educating her about it and expressing how it's not addictive or harmful. In my experience, I smoke weed to explore my mind and look beyond what I normally see and feel. There are many families out there that are doing just fine with marijuana. While she doesn't have to smoke it, she does have to listen to you and your opinions about it.
    If you've done all of this, I'd say being with someone who doesn't let you be yourself is more detrimental to your health than smoking is.

4. It's not necessarily over weed but over the concept, tbh in your shoes I'd speak to her about it over dinner, she can't exactly make a big scene in a restaurant if it goes tits-up. If she still strongly disagrees after you've gone into detail then she's probably too ignorant towards the facts and will forever be closed minded about weed...or for a while at least. If she does completely disagree then leave it and smoke discretely and sensibly so she doesn't find out, but don't tell her (if you want to continue smoking) or you could leave it completely, ask yourself: Is a divorce worth a concept...your choice my friend :)

5. I was brought up this way but when I started to really see the media's view on weed and all the real facts, not all the propaganda I realised it was all bullshit, got some weed and have never regretted it since...

6. You should get her to watch that movie on Netflix about the pros of weed. I am drawing a blank as to what the name is but I am sure someone might chime in with the name. It does have like doctors and a Harvard professor in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Is that movie The Union? A movie might help.

Didn't have the chance to talk to her yesterday, we argued and the conditions were far from ideal. Perhaps tonight.

Any other suggestions on documentaries on it?

8. My girlfriend of many years doesn't smoke but she knows me and Maryjane have something special and it's best not to come in between.

granny storm crows list is 2000+ pages of links to scientific studies showing the benefits of cannabis. you should be able to find her thread on here.

9. There's no convincing the sheep.

It's called amygdala hijack.  "the term describes emotional responses from people which are immediate and overwhelming, and out of measure with the actual stimulus because it has triggered a much more significant emotional threat<sup>"</sup>

10. i feel bad for the OP. i dont know what this is like. my wife and i been smoking for 11 years. but i like the idea of getting her drunk and handing er a joint. that would probably work. but not too drunk.

11. Really fucking simple advice.

This seems to be a generational thing; seeking someone else's approval for every fucking thing you do.

Do you ask for her permission too if you feel like whacking it once in a while?

12. #32 TimothyTheFirst, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    If you really want to stay together you probably shouldn't smoke behind her back.  You'll get caught eventually, especially since you live with her.  But if you think she's bluffing you might as well.

Does she have this attitude towards other aspects of your life she may not agree with?

13. Billions of vaginas in this world, and you take orders from one?

14. Fuck her hard and light up a joint and share dont duck 

15. Well, things are not that simple, when you try to build a relationship where one has full trust on the other, things get complicated. There are many issues to be worked on, anyone who's ever taken a relationship seriously knows what I'm taking about.

It's caring about my feelings toward her that makes me think this over so much. I want us to work, but I'd love to have that plus mj, openly. Secrecy breaks true relationships.

16. #36 Messiah Decoy, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    Any woman divorces the man she loves because the guy enjoys burning every once in a while then that woman is a dumb bitch who deserves to die alone.

If she really loves and respects you she'll compromise somehow instead of risking losing you.

Why the fuck should you be forced to do all the compromising?

Are you a man or a mouse?

17. It sounds like you already know, deep down, that regardless of what you do she isn't going to change her mind on this.  If she views you as a criminal because that's what the law says then you may just be better off not smoking.  I'm not seeing a compromise here.

18. She's your wife. She knew what she was getting into, and she should have
    realized, that once you say "I do", you have to accept that person and who
    they are. The good and the bad, however you perceive it.

Her opposition is pitiful because if she didn't know this, she had no business
    getting married in the 1st place. The fact that she would give you an ultimatum
    is a huge red flag to me. You're willing to throw away the supposed love of your
    life, over a plant, something your husband enjoys in the privacy of the home you
    built...that doesn't say much about you in the wife department now does it?

[​IMG]

19. This.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I think she is giving good advice. In my experience it is best to smoke as non nonchalantly as possible, in front of people who im friends with but not sure on their take.  People cant do anything when the joint is already in your hand sparked up and your chill as can be.

Act normal.  Do it like your going to smoke for yourself, its something you are doing for you, while being mindful that she is watching. (Try not to burn yourself on the roach! :smoking: )

If the person you are "initiating" isnt with it dont even offer her any. She gets to be in your company, if not about the joint it hasnt taken you away, you are still there cool as before just smoking a joint.  People worry about things a lot less when its right in front of them, spontaneously.

Keep that in mind, just take it out when you feel it is the right time, never let her know before hand, or she will worry needlessly before hand.