MAIN-LINING

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by VTX1800, Feb 27, 2015.

1. This looks awsome and could well be one for my next grow would this work in the cabinet that i am using in the grow in my signature? I love watching these little plants grow and thrive

2. So what was the outcome on your ladies OP?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

3. Hi I'm a super noob at growing but could anybody tell me if I could wait until sex shows and then attempt a mainline?

4. With mainlining,you wait until the plants at around 5 or 6 nodes,then take the top off at the third node. You wont see the pre-flowers to determine sex this early on though. As a general rule,males show before females so theres plenty of time to pull it.
    Hope this helps shadowninja...

5. thank you for the tip liquidhistory :) just gunna wing it and pray for a female :)

6. I have like 25 colas on a 2" tall plant

7. does it takelonger to grow when mainlining? the more collas you go for the longer it takes? or does it not matter
    :)

8. #29 breakpoint62, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    Yo man,

Awesome grow goin on! And yeah, main lining(IMHO) is the only way to grow in a tent for max bud and most important QUALITY of the bud. Keeping canopy height even and getting the light as close as possible is key..couple of pics from my last and first photo grow...I did massive research on this forum and others and fortunately was able to setup again(IMHO)the perfect grow space...4x4 in basement with 6in exhaust venting out of the house thru the chimney..2 8in oscillating fans...both run 24hrs for constant air flow.....600MH/HPS enclosed vented light avg height above canopy is 12in!!!!....5 gal soil/perlite.........she gave me 241g after drying for a week....that's a half lb!(LOL)......nuggz are super dense but I know my next grow things will get even better.....most important rule ever?...DON"T FUKIN OVER WATER!!!!!......learn the lift bucket method..........enjoy
    View attachment 161294
    View attachment 161295
    View attachment 161675
    View attachment 161757
    View attachment 161788
    View attachment 161832
    View attachment 161287
    View attachment 157768

BTW-those are the 1/2 gal mason jars...they work so much nicer than the quarts....easier to finish curing.....

9. breakpoint62, nice one, thinking of mainlining my next crop, since im in very limited space I hav to maximize my crop somehow, whata mean by the 'lift bucket method'? cheers

10. #31 breakpoint62, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    When you first start ( and this is with soil of course!) check the dry weight of what ever container you will be using for the grow after filling it completely, bump the bucket a little and fill to the top...it will always settle on you during the course of the grow...I personally use a 70/30 soil/perlite ratio and will be adding mosquito bits(fer all the nasty bugs that YOU KNOW ARE IN THERE and just waiting to come out...get the drop on them ...and will also add some other natural microbes at the very start...SO when you water you want to completely drench the soil ensuing even distribution especially out towards the sides to encourage the roots to grow out...and have 10% run off...I have holes in the bottom of the bucket and a drain table....check the weight now.....I use approx 1 gal of water(and/or nutes) to a 5 gal bucket...NOW WAIT!!!! until the bucket almost feels light it did when you first filled it dry!!!! so easy ...could take 3-4-6 days....this is also to encourage aggressive root growth which is the (unspoken?) holy grail to massive quantities of delicious medicinal budzz....plus air flow..temp control....light control(CRITICAL!!!)...light quality(I use 600 MH/HPS combo veg/flower....long winded but it just ain't bout 1 thing...good luck and don't fer get to keep readin the forums...I do practically day hopin to glean another nugget of info!!
    View attachment 161678
    View attachment 157769
    View attachment 157783
    View attachment 161287
    you can see all the sparkle on the bud and now after curin for a while it just sparkles even more...holy crap this shit is freakin awesome Crazy Miss Hyde..read it up and if you dare...lol

11. Looks good..But whats the procedure?

12. look up 'mainlining by nugbuckets' on web, he does a good tutorial, I even think its been threaded on this site somewhere

13. Dope techniques!

14. :weed::love-mj2:Hey Mate! That's a beautiful plant you've got there!! I want to make all my plants like that, but what do you think about main lining out to 16? Then double layer scrog, veg for 12 weeks instead of 8, flower for 2.5 with supplemental lighting on all outer colas.

15. HOLY &^#$

16. Hey guys, I have seen nugbuckets tutorial and am mainling a few plants, am wandering people opinions and experiences on when to top and when to strip. What I mean is, after i top the plants the second time (twice) should i strip immediatly? this would leave only small leaves. Or should I wait? I can see many potential methods on achieving the same outcome am wandering what works best for u guys? cheers