Planning fridge grow Advice needed

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by TruXbluXstoner, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Hey all, I'm planning a fridge grow, have and old fridge, will get interior detentions asap (about 4-4 1/2 foot tall), will put a shelf in about 45cm up in the box(so I can veg my girls till there about a foot tall) then chuck them in flower) and leave the rest of it for flowering
    okay for flower box I'm thinking about hanging a 130w 2700k cfl with reflector wing, and in veg a all blue 15w led panel and 4 23w 5000k cfls,
    Passive intake in both boxxes(question:how big should I make my passive intake?) and active out take will be 120mm computer fans (question:how many should I use for each the veg box (about 2x2x1.25) and and the flower box (about 2x2x3) cheers for any advice or input

Oh one last thing, because of the White interior of fridges would I be able to not use any Mylar as not a lot of $$ and gotta use it wisely

My best ideas are created in the presence of weed 🍁

2. Mylar safety blankets come in packs of 10 for like $10 on amazon, though, tbh, since you'll only need about 2-3 I would just hop down to the dollar store. :)

3. Will have to do, cheers, anything els? Don't wanna do it to find out I don't have enough power or somthin aha

4. And thoughts of the box itself?

5. #5 MrBudget, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    Well I'm doing the same thing witha mini fridge atm, and I'm going with a 2 bulb photography mount and two 85 watt CFL bulbs. The bulbs are the expensive part.. $20 a pop, but over 8k lumens total. More lumens, less bulbs = safer imo. I've had cheap cfl bulbs melt on me in the past, so its better to just drop a little more cash at startup.

The part I'm having a hard time with is ventelation. There's no huge holes in my mini fridge, and I have noting to cut through the metal plating with... I could do the good ol' bend and snap method, but then it'll look like utter shit. :/

6. Have a holesaw that runs through metal with ease, how big should I make my passive intake in each box, and how many 120mm computer fans for active exhaust? Thoughts on my lights? And how many plants could I have in each box at a time? Cheers all

7. I would prefer to use a inline fan, but if I did d want it to be the exhaust for not the veg and flower boxes, but I can't think of a way to do that :( any ideas? And will I need a 4" or 6" (I'd prefer 4" ) ideas?

8. My problem is ... It's a fridge split into 2 seperate boxxes(different light timing(light can't pass into next box) so I don't know how I could do it without light leaking into other box and without drastically slowing the air travel<

9. Hmn.. could you upload a picture if your fridge?

10. I will as soon as possible, I'm just visiting family for a couple days

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. Been thinking on it, if I had a 4" 2550rpm mounted at the top of the flower box on the back, and a passive intake at the bottom of the veg box then at hate top of the veg box drill a 80mm hole and put a 90 degree pic pic corner in the hole running the air into veg box through into the flower box and out the inline fan, would I get heat issues? Oh and I've decided against the reflector so I dunno how I'm going to hang the bulb in the flower box Hmm also if I did run the air through both boxxes how would I keep light from leaking into other box?

12. #12 TruXbluXstoner, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    I'm using 1 of these for first run then will invest in a second Mabey third, but for this first grow how can i hang my single light? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425271472.464079.jpg

13. We need a pic of the inside of the fridge to help ya bud.

..and I would just go with the cheapy cfl bulbs if you're on a budget. 4 for a buck at the dollar store.

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425350901.857605.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425350919.824534.jpg

Here's the fridge I'll be using, but without drawers and the shells there sitting on out, might leave one in there as the the divider cheers

15. Hmn.. remove the drawers and shelves so we can see what you'll be will be working with?

16. Will do mate, I go home in 4 days so will update after that

17. Also for my first grow I'll be using one 130w cfl for veg and one 130w cfl for flower, might add 2-4 23w cfl's in flower box if I can afford it later in the boxxes life, and that's the fan I'll be using cheers

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425551362.519518.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425551389.131920.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425551408.778681.jpg

18. #18 MrBudget, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    Thats a massive waste of money bro, you're falling for the over priced crap aimed at inexperienced growers.

19. And it's the best I can get, I looked at cheap 23w cfls and it'll cost more for the fixtures and bulbs with the cheapys than it will with those and I've only got $200 to play with :/ that fan I used in my last box and it worked well

The lamps on the other hand I'm open to advice but like I said, $200 to play with - the $50 for the fan

20. Like 2 23w 2700k cfls is $14 and the 2 fixtures needed are $5each