Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Girlfriend wont accept MMJ or any other cancer treatment

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AquitaBanana, Feb 27, 2015.

1. #1 AquitaBanana, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    First excuse me but at the time I don't know the specifics of the diagnoses, but I know it's bad. My incredible girlfriend of almost 2 years recently confessed that she was diagnosed with cancer shortly before she met me. Along with an appendectomy and enlarged tonsils she has always had severe medical problems but I never thought cancer would be added to the list. I don't know the stage or exact locations but hopefully i will update this thread with that information later. What i do know is that she has some in her brain and chest and probably more elsewhere. Her doctor has told her it's terminal if she doesn't take any treatment which is what she has decided. She's not very open about it being that she never even told her parents. I'm the first person she told. 

Now for the short two years before I met her I smoked pot. I knew it did wonders for headaches and colds and such, and I even heard it could stun or cure cancer. Now that this disease threatens my girlfriends life I did some deep research and yes, I'm a believer. I looked up dozens of studies, youtube videos of cancer survival stories, medical research, and how to make your own Rick Simpson Oil. I'm still in touch with a friend who can sell a pound if needed. The only problem is convincing my girlfriend.

She has always been against marijuana and drugs in general. She's very religious and she tells me that god will let her live for as long as god wants her to live and she's okay with that. I don't want to say that she's given up but she has definitely accepted her fate. I've shown her the stories online of how the concentrated cannabis oil has saved the lives and livelihoods of people who suffer from cancer, epilepsy, etc. I've told her these exact word; "I'm not going to promise it will cure you but I do promise it will take away the pain and that it can't hurt you."
    There's something rooted deep in her conscious that wont allow her to accept this as a treatment. And as far as traditional medicine like chemotherapy and radiation (which I think is bullshit) she's afraid of the pain.
    I told her I will stop pushing this on her but I can't help it because I love this girl and it sounds stupid but I want to grow older with her and see where our lives can take us.
    Maybe if I can get a real cancer survivor to meet her and talk her through the experience because she often says she feels so alone in her situation.
    Advice or links to more concrete stories of cannabis cancer survival would all be helpful. Thank you. 

2. Start here- http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage-applications/1130359-tumors-really-shrinking.html#post16220325

This case study is about a girl who dies, but not from the leukemia she had, but from the side effects of the chemo! Her leukemia WAS responding to the RSO treatment!

Cannabis extract treatment for terminal acute lymphoblastic leukemia with a Philadelphia chromosome mutation       (full – 2013)         http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3901602/

A quote from the case study- "Cannabinoid resin extract is used as an effective treatment for ALL with a positive Philadelphia chromosome mutation and indications of dose-dependent disease control. The clinical observation in this study revealed a rapid dose-dependent correlation."  FYI- ALL is a very nasty and agressive kind of leukemia.

Get her taking fish oil or krill oil. The Omega 3 will help her body fight the cancer by improving the health of her endocannabinoid system.  Don't know what that is? Read this-

Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System         (news – 2011)  http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=8444

Does she have any objection to lemon grass tea? It contains limonene which is a natural cancer fighter! It tastes good and it may help.

Since her objection seems to be rooted in religion, try reading these- There should be bits and pieces that you can use!

The Great Keneh Bosem Debate - Part 1         (article – 2009)  http://www.cannabisculture.com/node/20688

Part 2 of the Great Keneh Bosem Debate:        (article – 2009)
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/blogs/2009/11/23/Part-2-Great-Keneh-Bosem-Debate

Comment on "Did Jesus use cannabis?"            (forum post – 2011)
    http://www.quora.com/Did-Jesus-use-cannabis/answer/Tim-ONeill-1/comment/278396

Cannabis in the Holy Anointing Oil?  "Exodus 30:23"         (article – 2013)
    http://freeanointing.org/cannabis_in_the_holy_oil.htm

Holy Cannabis: The Bible Tells Us So            (news – 2014)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-marcus-phd/holy-cannabis-the-bible-t_b_4784309.html

Cannabis linked to Biblical healing         (news – 2003)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2633187.stm

Jesus Healed Using Cannabis     (news - 2003) 
    http://entheology.com/news-articles/jesus-healed-using-cannabis/

Cannabis is the Keneh Bosem of the Bible, and it is the "Tree of Life" whose leaves are for the healing of nations! (What is a nation? PEOPLE!) Ask her why she is refusing God's gift that is meant by Him to heal her? It is not a sin to use what heaven has provided!

Use her ideas against her!  If God is going to call her from this Earth at her "appointed time", by her thinking, it shouldn't matter if she uses an herbal extract or not, so why not try it to see if it IS a heaven-sent healer?

Hope that helps!

Granny

• Like Like x 8
  3. #3 Tree Of Life, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    Man honestly I think the good creator wants what's best for everyone, not for his creations to die unnecessarily, and if something like cannabis oil can get rid of your girlfriends cancer I really think she should give it a chance. It's just a plant here on our planet just like any other plant/fruit/vegetable. Also mentality has a lot to do with the physical world so try to keep her in a positive state of mind.

Happy person = happy cells in that persons body

Happy cells = higher likelihood of defeating the disease

Good luck and I wish you and your girlfriend the best.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you Granny for your information. I'll definitely try to get her taking fish oil.

So she told her dad about it but they both want to keep it from her mom for now for reasons I'm not sure but its not really my concern.

She wants to go to the doctor one more time to see how the cancer has progressed and also she wants to discuss with the doctor the idea of treating her cancer with cannabis oil. I told her not to expect much because they would much rather get her onto chemotherapy and even if its the nicest doctor he can't recommend a treatment that's illegal. 

Perhaps she could get a medical marijuana card so she wont feel like she's doing something illegal. I would bet she can qualify.

As far as her happiness goes she used to be a very positive girl but recently she feels depressed and exhausted. I try to be with her as much as I can because she tells me my presence comforts her and helps her forget what shes dealing with.

I feel she just may be lightening up to the idea of using cannabis oil but I can't be sure at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 Gemstoner, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    The most recent episode of Vice highlighted a promising new cancer treatment. Evidently there has been remarkable success treating cancers with the measles, HIV and cold viruses. When the viruses are injected in or near the cancer, they kill cancer cells without touching healthy cells. The treatment is experimental and I believe there are trials at Mayo, the University of Pennsylvania Abramson Cancer Center, the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas and somewhere in Ottawa. Cannabis oil may be just as good, but at least it's another possibility. Good luck.

Here's the episode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm a doubter here, my guess is she has no physical illness but may soon experience a god sent miracle.  Time will tell, eh?  Either way leave her alone, bud, she's made her choice. 

7. she believes in god but doesnt believe cannabis is good even though "god created it". try using this to convince her it was put on the earth for a reason it's a medicinal plant unlike hard drugs

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship

8. #8 dopestats, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015

@AquitaBanana you already have your answer. That is probably the single most effective thing you can do to make her realize the seriousness of her medical condition. The cannabis stuff is pretty much experimental. Not saying it won't work, but I think you want to address her emotional state more than anything because she sounds depressed. Try another church/pastor/father maybe? You love her, so make sure you do all you can to see she finds the right help, traditional or not

9. If someone I knew refused to take treatment I would leave them. MMJ would at least make them suffer less, but they won't even accept that? So you have to watch them suffer because they are being selfish.

10. If God didn't want Herb to be smoked he wouldn't have made it contain THC