Beautiful crumble that sizzles?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by vulcan66, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys, I've worked with a good amount of bho and have never seen anything like this. I have a batch of beautiful crumble that is sizzling. Its very crumbly and stable, little chunks of honeycomb until pressured. Taste clean and doesn't burn or anything, so it doesn't seem to be butane. Any ideas on what could cause this?

2. #3 vulcan66, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Thats what I was thinking also. Besides breaking it back down in ethanol and turning it into shatter, is there anyway of getting the moisture out of the crumble? 

Any negative effects to smoking bho with moisture in it? Haven't noticed anything weird besides the annoying sizzling 

3. No negative effects from moisture

4. ummm you dont want to be inhaling excess moisture.

you could melt it back down to shatter in the oven at 170F for like 15 minutes or until its clear, that should help remove whatever moisture is in it, or solvent.

5. Isnt moisture usually water which is in all ecig vapes and not harmful.
    I know you are full of great info jimmy so please enlighten me

6. ejuice liquids are made with VG/PG/PEG, not water. smoking bubble hash that hasnt been dried properly is bad too, pretty sure it can cause pneumonia.... dont quote me on that though lol

7. lol smoking bubble that wasnt dried properly is because of the probability of mold. People use humidifiers all the time there is nothing wrong with water vapor. But now that im rethinking i guess the moisture thats making sizzle could be something other then water so it may possibly be bad. But water vapor is still fine to inhale