For anyone whose lost hope.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Royston1, Feb 27, 2015.

1. First of all this is not a bragging topic on how well i'm doing in life it's just a little morale boost for anyone whose broke up with their girlfriend or feeling low.

I'm 22 (yes i know still very young). from 14 i fell in love with what i could call my first love. We were together for 5 years and 3 of them years we had moved in together. The last of the years were especially hard times for us, My mum passed away along with the stresses of us working. My ex felt like she was unhappy and we decided for it too end long story short.

I was feeling very down after that, I had moved back with my mum and was jobless (I was living somewhere else with my ex so i had a job not near my mums), For 3 months after i was a different person to my normal self. I felt very depressed and even suicidal at times. But friends and family were there all the way, My best friend who is like a brother told me too sought my self out, he gave me the speech about how I'm just being a bum now and i needed to pick myself up, He couldn't bare to see me like how i was.

I picked myself up from the next day on, I started getting my appetite back and started looking for jobs which in 3 days i had an interview and i ended up getting the job, I work at a Harbour driving a forklift which i still currently do. I met a woman there who i've known for a year and a half and we've moved into are own flat.

So within 2 year i felt like my life has changed around, I am actually very happy and my life could not be better. I know that it could happen whenever but what i learnt and what i think everyone should do if they've ever been in a similar situation too myself is too not look at all the negatives in the situation, Be around friends and family that love you and take it easy on yourself.

2. Glad to see you back on your feet!

I sure do feel alone and down though ever since the one I loved is no longer a part of my life. I feel lost, abandoned and hurt. I have been bettering my body the past few months since we went our separate ways. Working out, eating and drinking more healthy, better sleep schedules. I am starting a new job Monday (pretty sure I don't qualify, and am absolutely sure I don't know what the job entails) to try and ease my mind of endless thoughts going nowhere.

Everyone else is married or in a serious relationship that I know and I have no friends left. Sure casual, on good terms friends... but nobody close or anyone to hang out with. Day in and day out. I am hoping things turn around and am trying to put hope and meaning back into my life. I've been challenged with anything I am interested in career wise by those closest to me (family, or once best friends). I realize I can't depend on them to push me to a right career that I would enjoy, but it sucks when nobody believes in you. Hence the (hopefully mid-long term temporary) job to save money and push once again to work with something I love doing. Maybe even with someone.

Sorry for the rant, not trying to dampen your accomplishments. I am genuinely happy to see you got yourself out of a rut. I really hope I can do the same this year.

3. do you ever miss your ex? 

4. #4 Royston1, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015

Bro with the job interview just have some confidence in yourself and just let it flow, The worst that could happen is that you don't get the job. Then that's fine just move on find something else you might enjoy doing. And maybe you and your ex just were not meant to be. Have some faith in yourself and pick yourself up, Do you deserve to be unhappy?

Too be fair the first 6 to 9 months were very hard and i did. It was hard but the way we parted was that none of us done anything wrong we just parted ways, We both were not happy so i just thought why shouldn't i be happy. We haven't had any contact since so i was just thinking shes probably happy now. I kinda forced it. But i did meet someone else and too be fair i couldn't be happier so maybe that had helped it out alot.

5. damn man, yeah i missed one of my exs for over a year. it sucked a lot. i still do miss the good times from time to time, but it was horrible before. im happy for you though. you've earned this:) maybe you should get in contact with your ex and see how she's doing? just cause you parted ways doesn't mean you dont still care for her. Its been a while it seems, you should see how things have been.

6. #6 Royston1, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    I had tried about half a year ago, but i got no reply so i thought i would leave it. But how are you how is your life one year on?

7. #7 illabreezy, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    I would share my [not so] abridged story for anyone who cares to read.

I lived in Germany for just about two years, from sixteen to a week before I turned eighteen, and my parents and I moved back stateside. The move back was rather rash, and we had no home to call ours. We lived in a hotel for a while, then a by the month apartment, but regardless. I turned eighteen, and on my birthday, my parents told me that I was officially an adult now, and they'd not be sending another penny my way, and also insisted that I find my own way. 

I did what you do, which is get a job. Started meeting people, figuring out how this crazy shit called life works, that I'd experienced all different facets of in Europe, none of which prepared me for what came. Working seven days a week to barely make ends meet, I met a girl. We fell in love, and signed a lease within three months of dating. We were headstrong. Fast forward, I fucked it up of my own accord, and I owned up to my mistake and told her. We tried to make it work. 

We called it quits. I went wild for a week, doing anything and everything I wanted, including three of our(did I mention my girl and I worked together too? OOPS) co-workers. She thought that I wanted to get back together, when I was just being amicable because I felt incredibly guilty. I lost my first real home, my first love, my first dog, my first job, and my first attempt at life crashed and burned. I wallowed in self pity, self-aggrandizing my woes for months, after making the executive decision to move back in with my parents an hour away from Tampa. 

Then one day, I was sitting on the end of a jetty watching a sunset, smoking a blunt, and I realized that I was making myself feel miserable for what? Fucking up? It happened, I wasn't as strong as I would have liked to believe. But did I own up to it? Yes. Did I do all I could to try to repair damage before fucking it up worse? Yup. And more than that, didn't I just let her go and move on peacefully? 

You can sit around and feel guilty about a wrong that you committed in the past for years, or you can own up, accept it, and do what you have to to make sure it doesn't occur again. You can fuck up, just learn from it! 

I spent so much time alone, and the thing that I think I just eureka'd the most though was happiness. People can contribute to your happiness, and people can make you miserable, but people cannot make you happy. You make you happy. It comes from inside of you. Happiness comes when you face your demons, and your ghosts, and your shitty decisions and the good ones too, and you come to terms with it. It is what it is. 

Attitude is 98% of life, and you get to choose it. If you have to be here, why not make it a good one? You need shitty days to appreciate the good ones... After all, what would be the worth of a pearl if all oysters contained them? 

When you wake up, and you feel confident with yourself, and you love yourself, and you live for yourself, to better you for yourself because you want to be the best you can be, people see it. You teem with good vibes and love, and people want to be around that. You get more compliments, you meet more people, and things fall into place. Work, work, work, because no one ever said it'd be easy, only that it'd be worth it. 

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary ya'll! 

8. Hope all goes well for you in the future!

And to you as well sir! Life is what happens when we step outside of our comfort zone.