Pepper and veggie indoor garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Tylar245, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Hey Blades!

Tylar245 here and I wanted to showcase something I've been working all day, my pepper and veggie garden:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424982473.603850.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424982489.134706.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424982509.328790.jpg

I have 3 tents, 2 are in action using 400 watt Apollo horticulture ballasts and 400 watt HPS and mh bulbs. This is just a precursor grow before I go to school for a degree in botany/biotech.

You'll All see me in other threads when I get my $250 seed orders from the vault seeds and herbies....

I'll update this thread as all these babies grow and when I'm done transplanting in a hour I will showcase all the varieties!

Shoutout to Pokesmot and Jack from the Vault seeds!

2. Hey i found you!

Subbed! Looks very clean in there! Ill be watchin!
    ~ poke

3. Oh hi! Lol I just linked you...

4. #4 Tylar245, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    Alrighty so a little update,!

I've finished my transplanting of my sprouted seedlings from jiffy seed starters to red 16 Fl oz solo cups. I left a little heas room for the lip of the cup (it being white) to reflect some of the light at the seedling.

The variety of plants that I have growing in my 4x4 tent:
    -Long pepper blend
    -Sweet pepper Carnival Blend
    -Sweet Ruby Hybrid Bell
    -Honey Crisp Bell
    -Serrano Chili
    -Jalapeño Early Pepper
    -Big Thai Hybrid Pepper
    -Orange Havanero
    -Pepperoncini
    -"Hot" Blend
    -Anaheim Chili
    -Hot lemon pepper
    -Tangerine Dream Sweet pepper
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424991056.187888.jpg

In my 48x48x72 tent I have some other vegetables transplanted that have beat out the other jiffy seed starters, (note not all have been transplanted because they are slow pokes)
    -Sugar snap Peas (still waiting to sprout)
    -Sun King Hybrid Broccoli (still eating to get bigger)
    -Hearts of Gold Canteloupe
    -Lacinato Kale (Still waiting on bigger size)
    -Pemier Kale
    -Iceberg A Lettuce
    -Arctic King Butterhead Lettuce
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424991280.052473.jpg

Hopefully all of these lovely plants want to like me so I can continue to grow them out for the outdoor season. it gets cold in Missouri so I have to wait till after 4/20 before the last frost.

I hope you guys enjoy my Veggie grow, I know this isn't normal for this forum but who's never up for a little change? ️

@pokesmot247-thanks for subbing I'm honored!

5. #5 Tylar245, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    Not much growth to talk about on day 2 of the grow, just got off a night shift, and came home and watered my babies when I noticed something amazing...
    I love this little Canteloupe plant:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425104281.386505.jpg
    If you can't tell from the picture, this lil fella has already started to form its first node and shoot upwards to make its second set of leaves.. Yay!

On a more sad part of the grow, this idiot Anaheim Chili can't seem to get his seed hat off... I've Nick-Named him DUNCE:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425104393.936445.jpg

Now I know from experience and reading Pokes log and his wife's that I'm glad I'm 3000 miles away from him... If he saw that he'd break out the tweezers and spray bottle....

6. Thats a lot of peppers. Last year I failed both of my bell pepper plants. I started a peanut plant in my window a couple months ago!

7. Awesome! How's the peanut plant coming along?

Also I'm sorry to hear about the bells, what happened for them to die? Any info on what killed them might be beneficial for me during this grow.

8. The peanut plant is doing really well. I guess I should try and start some more seedlings in the window as well. I didnt think the window got enough light to start them  :confused_2:

I had the bell peppers planted pretty close to two tomatoes that were doing very well. Maybe there was a underground root war going on? Maybe they needed more water then tomates? The peppers would form but they were very small. Like the size of a curled up pinky finger.

9. Ugh...I was trying to wait as long as possible but you got me. I guess I'm going to start some pepper plants today; got some seeds saved from last year and also some hotties from pepper joes. Thanks a lot man... :laughing:

10. Ahh the root wars are actually very ferocious in some cases, in nature plants fight and compete for nutrients and root space so I can bet your tomatoes decided "fuck these peppers, I WANT THAT SOIL!"

The difference that I'm doing is in transplanting all of these peppers into 3 gal grow vags by via grow, they, I'm also using promix hp with slow release bloom and grow DRY nutrients when they all grow a bit larger. But you can also grow them in a solo cup for life if you root trim..

That sucks that those tomatoes for dicks tho.

:laughing:
    Ha! I knew I would get someone to join me!

11. About all my pepper seeds sprouted taproots, just waiting for them to pop up above the soil now. I got a tomato and pepper plant from Home Depot and both pots came with 2 plants, so I separated them and they're now in 1-gal fabric pots. I'm going to make them mother plants and take cuts to grow a lot of free plants this summer. Red Bell pepper and Better Boy tomato.

12. I plant peanuts every year in a different part of my yard. They have a symbiotic relationship with rhizobium and are known as nitrogen fixers, ie, the plant dedicates half of its energy to growing itself and half to the relationship with the bacteria restoring nitrogen to the soil. One grow in a dead soil is all that is needed to breathe new life into it.

Very amazing crop. Same goes for soybeans. :)
    ~ poke

13. #14 Bob Barker, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    I didnt know they added nitrogen back to the soil. The main reason I'm trying peanuts out is for a source of protein from the garden but I only have 4 plants now so I know I want get much.

14. yeah you wont get much with four plants, but you will get enough to grow at least 16-30 next year. They grow underground like potatoes, so you have to dig them up. But I like to spend a few days in the summer baking sunflower seeds and peanuts and eating them fresh all summer. :YUMMY:

15. Man those young tomatoes look super healthy. I've grown veggies indoors also. It's super fun. I had 3 tomatoes and 3 bell peppers. My tomatoes got so big that I was only able to keep one of them. And the peppers, well the peppers didn't do too good since the tomato plant pretty much soaked up all the light. I was using a tent similar to yours.

Anyway, I'm subbed and I'll be checking in.

I'll be starting my outdoor grow soon. Possibly looking to do something besides tomatoes and peppers this year. Maybe some eggplant or something. Some organic eggplant parm sounds so good. 

Good luck with everything!