Ideal Partner/Relationship?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by TesseLated, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Well, I looked for several pages and didn't see this topic, but I think it's interesting to think about and what others' are as well...both sexes. People want such different things...very eye opening.

These would be must haves-quite hard to find possibly...but one just might get lucky...I believe it has happened, at any rate..

Just for shits and giggles...put them in order of importance. I found that part another good aspect to think about.

Yes, it seems long..I suspect everyone's will be if they really think about an ideal, but also that's why people don't find someone everyday that they want to spend their with...

One that:

Has good character...integrity, honesty, trustworthy..and the like

Lives with a true sense values without being dogmatic/religious...At the same time having a spiritual understanding of pantheism-All is One..much more than that really

Has a thoughtful deep side

Sense of humor-dry/smart ass is best imo

A good communicator/doesn't play petty head games

Rough sex, then some good lovin' ...also knows the ways of the snuggle..esp. afterward

Easy to live with-laid back hates drama

Can smoke some MJ and not make it a dominant part of their lifestyle/getting couch crashed only

Knows good music, likes music/camping fests

Can stay home and just have a peaceful quiet night as well

Not materialistic

Loves to travel...esp for the live festival 

Loves good food-likes how I cook (lol)

Plays video games..Well, ....yeah it's a small thing, but hell yes...we are talking ideal here

***I realize these are things I most value in myself-It pretty hard to find a man that does too though...doesn't have to be LIKE me-that's completely different.

These things I named are traits-not about personality..they, of course have their own...

That's another thing I'd appreciate-Being their own person/not dependent...that's at the top..below good character/non-dogmatic...a tie

I found myself moving these around quite a bit....Everything else is gravy

TL; DR? Fuck it then

2. You're missing on out on me, TesseLated  :laughing:

I've found that the most important qualities to me are curiousity for the world and things in it, a love for life and having one, a predominately happy person who can take charge when she senses I need it, a solid control of her own ego and a diplomatic sense of bearing when she disagrees with me, and, to be real, she has to need me as much as I need her

Tight pussy always a plus

3. A few things that make me absolutely adore someone:
    • quiet confidence
    • the urge to steamroll through obstacles instead of giving up as soon as they're encountered
    • passionate about multiple subjects
    • unwavering empathy and integrity
    • a deep concern for the human condition and the future of humanity
    • intelligent, but not elitist about it
    • can brighten my day with one look, or touch
    • serious work ethic
    Typical deal-breakers:
    • unabashed, regularly expressed arrogance
    • apathy
    • aggression
    • no interest in continuous self improvement
    TL;DR: i usually fall in love with gentle souls who truly give a damn and could not be happy with being stagnant

4. #4 beerbrewer, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    A road dawg. A down ass chick that thinks like a man but retains her positive feminine qualities. Super easy.

5. this is hard because theres so many qualities one would like ina partner that they don't even really think about
    But some of my must haves I guess would be

Good sense of humor
    Kind
    Strong minded
    Open minded
    Goofy
    Understanding
    Forgiving
    Loves animal and nature
    Appreciates the little things
    Loves unconditionally
    Enjoys staying in and chilling
    Enjoys going out to, but doesn't over do it
    Has a taste for adventure
    Has an urge to help others
    Looks for the good in people
    Trusts himself
    Lives to be happy

Bonus:
    Loves videogames
    Weed
    Gummy worms
    & Kids, even if they annoy him :)

6. beyond what qualities or anything else you might want in the perfect mate, i recommend friendship. not a "whats up dude lets have a beer" kinda friendship. more of a "the best friend i have ever had" kind of friendship. i have found that in my current wife. it has given us an amazing "soul mate" connection. hell we even read each others thoughts to a extent.

i know i know, what kind of crazy shit is AJ talking about... who in their right mind would actually want to LIKE their significant other?!. the fuck you say?! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!

7. #7 illabreezy, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Honestly, I want someone who knows where their lines are, and isn't afraid to let me know if I step over one. Someone sexy, preferably green eyes, brunette. A nice smile is pretty much a must, as well as good hygiene(seems obvious, but a lot of people are gross when you get to know them better... idk). I like someone who is completely cool with kickin' it back on a Friday night, but also someone who's down to go burn the town down on the next Tuesday. Responsible, confident, loyal, fierce, whiskey-drinker, funny, wild, these are adjectives that come to mind. Someone who wants to be together 100% when we're together, but is cool with not talking for a few days. Someone who isn't afraid to commit, but doesn't need to rush it. 

Someone who's looking to walk the path of life hand in hand, together, knowing that maybe we won't always see eye to eye, or we won't always be together, but it means something for now. And that's what means the most. 

Like @ajroxit said, a true friend. 

8. Loyal
    Confident
    Introvert
    Not materialistic 
    Witty/sarcastic
    Laid back, has thick skin
    More logical than emotional, but not a robot
    Can cook at least moderately good food.
    Hockey fan, Bonus points for same team

Yes, it seems so....I have and respect all those qualities.. ;)    :laughing:

Too bad you don't live here... Much rather live there though...I love this country, but I have much respect for Scandinavian thought..world view, etc. ..and it's beautiful.

All the responses are good ones........... :smoke:

Definitely..add that to my list..haha

I would say that there's so much more though. But hey, what do I know? ;)

12. #12 TesseLated, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015

Yeah, there's always more...  You read the OP?    :smoking:

Nobody is perfect and we all deal with human nature -ourselves and others. I think becoming more than what we are/were is part of the life you share with someone...

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have a near perfect man..lol...not possible for any sex I think...and as ridiculous as it sounds, would ruin the difference and dynamic with the other.

including the bit that said tl;dr fuck off or something like that. 

i was just saying, albeit rather vaguely, that whatever we think would be the ideal partner actually probably isn't. i heard from someone super close to me once that your soulmate is very rarely what you wanted, but it's always what you needed. there's so much more to it than we realize, even if we know what we like..

:smoking:

14. Soulmates are different-I've heard.... from the 'Twin Flame' ...I think a lot of the twin flame shit is actually just obsession...but people that what they go through swear it's real...to the point of them thinking they are going crazy....which I think is very likely   :laughing:  

There is some strange stuff behind all that. Supposedly you meet this 'other you',...sharing a soul...and this brings about the necessary growth for both.

This is usually contentious and rarely do those people spend a life together after they have it happen.

15. #15 illabreezy, Feb 28, 2015

but what do you think of the concept that a soul mate comes into your life not to be with you forever, your missing half, per se, but rather a person that comes into your life with the purpose of showing you things that you needed to learn. They come, and they open your eyes to a spectrum that you could have never stumbled upon on your own, and you part ways, forever altered by the person that meandered into your life. Home is where the heart is, what a shame, cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same. 

16. #16 101 BIG TEX 101, Feb 28, 2015
    A woman who truely loves me 4 who I am.... even tho I am a man who will and does make mistakes. Some big. Some minor......And will stick by my side thru good times and bad times

:)

17. #17 TesseLated, Feb 28, 2015

So true...I've had it happen not so long ago. It hurts, for sure, but he taught me that you shouldn't trust someone before they earn it by showing good character through their actions...not blindly.

Some people will act one way and really be someone else in their character. -_-

'Everyone's heart doesn't beat the same' was in my OP in the fact that I consider these traits.....not personality. They are their own person and that's another quality I respect. 

18. where are all these girls looking for guys that enjoy laughing,weed, and videogames around me? you guys dont exsist in reality. Im now further convinced the internet is just guys giving other guys hope. 

Quoted for truth, recently went through something familiar. Inconsistency is so common nowadays....

I think it's interesting to think about how that has probably increased exponentially..

Is the reason less of a solid family life/upbringing...increase in materialism and that mindset-looking out for number one...or development of online technology...in that it's easy to portray yourself as something you're not...which leads to doing the same in real life..Idk, any reason it's happening shows bad character.