Week 4 flowering, first organic mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GrowMechanic, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Just reached week 4 of flowering with my three strains, Tangerine Dream, Critical Kush and Platinum kush. So far I'm very impressed. Im flowering in 1 gallon pots because this is a trial grow in my home made file cabinet grow box but I am loving it so far and will soon be collecting equipment for a bigger size grow room. Here they are! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424968079.827894.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424968104.629070.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424968123.544634.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Greasemonkeyman, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    those look pretty good, but you are gonna run into rootbound  issues soon, if not already, that sativa looks a lil hungry... is that the tang dream?
    For organics I use a rule of thumb, every foot of growth requires three gallons of soil.
    2 foot plant= 6 gallon container, etc.
    Maybe a topdress of a good EWC would help the color a bit.
    An alfalfa & kelp, tea...
    honestly I use 12 and 15 gallon smartpots, and I can see the difference even with just the extra 3 gallons, the plants in the 15s do better, and are bigger.

3. I've thought about dropping one of the plants and putting the other two in bigger pots to thrive more but that would mean losing one of them😓 yes that is tha tang dream, nice! Took your advice and top dressed with some kelp meal and EWC, forgot I had alfalfa meal in storage so I didn't get to that, let's see if they perk up at all by tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Another rule of thumb on pot size I've heard (and tend to follow as a minimum guide) is a gallon for every month of life, so if you're going to veg an 8 week strain for 2 months before you flower it, 4 gallon minimum final size.  

5. Is that 4 weeks since eh flip or r weeks since hair formation?