need advice/help with ceramic bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by funkykangoroo, Feb 26, 2015.

1. a few weeks ago in my college ceramics class i made a bong, and i read online that the stem hole's either 18mm or 14mm so i made the hole in the base a little under 2cm,but just found out that it meant the hole in the stems 14 or 18mm.......anyone know how i can fix it? the bowl my friend gave me is 14mm but the holes around 18-20 and i don't really wanna buy a new one. thanks for any help

2. A very thin rubber grommet.

3. #3 steadyglobbin, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    Throw an 18\\14 downstem in that, don't you need a downstem anyways? I'd be surprised if you made an airtight hand ground 18mm joint if its out of ceramic and eyeballed.

4. I'll try a grommet. When i was building up the hole for the stem it got pushed in a bit and the inner part of it's like 14mm now, so i don't think a downstems gonna fit :/

5. sounds not very airtight without a gromet although 14\\14 downstems exsist

6. #6 JJTeamRocket, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    I had a similar issue; I had a 18mm glass bong, but I had bought two non-refundable 16mm Cheech Double Perks by mistake.

Crafty Solutions I used:
      -Sticky Tac around the rim of my bongs stem; It sat pretty cozy & kept air flow nice & tight.

-Bought a 16mm stem for my bong, slide it in. It had a nice big ring around the top of the stem and once again sticky tac wraped on          the edges. I had no issue with burning the sticky tac, be careful though. 

-Modded bottle cap with hole in the center, once again sticky tac. This time less direct to possible contact with the      smoke. LOL

BEST Solution I can think of is making a 20mm to 16mm glass converter piece in class. Sorta like mini cone shape      to it. Best of luck!