possible zinc deficiency with coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by guygreenthumbs, Feb 26, 2015.

1. I noticed yesterday that my new growth is very yellow. So I started searching and found it looks like a zinc deficiency. I have been using a ph of 5.7-5.9 with 5.8 being what I shoot for and around 800-1000 ppm. Im in week 2 of flower and the strain is ak48. I love coco so far just trying to get some things dailed in. I was reading a chart that shows zinc may require me to drop my ph to 5.4-5.6 to uptake properly. I flushed last Saturday so I hope I dont have to do that again but if I do it is what it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kind of looks like this. The leafs are a little bit more skinny.

Attached Files:

• p.jpeg
      p.jpeg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
  3. What base nutes are you using? i think you are overthinking it. Most common base nutes hold everything the plant needs. My guess is that either 800-1000 is to strong for where they are in development, of you are using new untreated coco which is known for withholding Mg till it "fills up" first.

4. I would flush. And if your nutrients are complete and fill of all the good stuff your plants need, feed at half strength till you see improvements.

5. What nutes are you using?
    I'd say you just need some more nitro to green em up more. Plants don't look too bad.

6. The picture I provided were ones I found only. My yellowing is similar but the leafs and very skinny and clawing some. Im in week 3 of flower and im using general hydroponic flora nova bloom at 5-8 ml per gallon. Also 1-2 ml a gallon cal mag. I flushed her today. Going with 2 ml cal mag from now on.

I'm guessing something immobile like Ca? xD

1. Your ppm's are way too high
    2. Your cec is out of wack, test your water and let me know the ec/ppm. You might need to get a water purifier and supplement more Ca/MG. I don't know if you're overdoing or underdoing it until you test the water...
    3. Are you feeding too much potassium? Break down all your nutes into ppm and post it here :)