Scotland mini greenhouse + First grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by KC4.20, Feb 26, 2015.

1. It depends on the weather mate, I'd say get them to seedling stage 1 or 2 pair of true leaves then break them in so take them out during the day and bring the in at night, but if it's warm enough you can go straight outside, also if there going in the ghouse then straight away

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

2. Checking to see if the afghani seeds haver germinated tomorrow morning. 

Left them in the paper towel method in a boiler cupboard should they be alright?

3. Yeah should be, how long they been in there?
    I get 2 plates, wet tissue on the bottom plate, seeds on that, another piece of wet tissue on top of the seeds, put other plate on top so it looks like a ufo, then put the whole thing on the skybox, I find it incubates them just right, just make sure your tissue is wet all the time👍
    You want about 1/2 to a inch of tap root and don't touch root if possible,

4. Checked on them this morning and the taproots are just coming out now hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to pot them and leave them on the windowsill for a while before moving them outside! 1 has about 1/4 inch root and the other has literally just creeped out!

5. Day 6 - the Afghani duo look weak and the one on the right looks too lanky, but at least they survived a rough day outside in the rain!

They will be getting some conditioning over the next couple of weeks taking them inside and out!

Advice and tips always welcome guys please get involved!

Attached Files:

6. Day 9 - true leaves out, afghani1 still getting lanky but looks more promising than afghani2.

Will take them outside for a few hours to harden, perhaps secure the lanky one b'cause of wind.

Also germinating first feminised seed but is taking longer than expected :(

Attached Files:

7. I would take them out in the day in at night for a week or 2, a few more nodes aswell id say,
    Have you got your ghouse sorted?

8. I have a bit of a neighbour issue for taking them in and out so I will have to get them in the greenhouse asap?

The greenhouse is in place will take pictures in the next couple of days!

9. I feel your pan with the neighbours, this is a pano of our yard ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431114405.601757.jpg

10. Subbed for this dude, i was living up north at one point but never had the oppertunity to grow outdoors.

11. Subbed, up in the Highlands right here, curious to see how you get on. Good luck!

12. #32 KC4.20, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Thanks for the sub's guys!

Lost my big bud x Afghani seedling as I left it too long in the paper towel and it dried up! :(

Both Afghani regulars are doing fine but still on the windowsill with the trip out in the cold! Will post new pics at day 21

13. Afghani 1 died this morning due to overwatering! Lesson learnt!

Kaya 47 will replace by the weekend!

14. Damn man not having much luck, hope the rest goes well!

15. Yeah, saw it coming to be honest they were free seeds so I'm not bothered at all! Afghani2 is still alright should hopefully see second set of leafs soon!

16. Afghani 2 was stolen from the bushes by my home. Will update again after germination!

17. Shit man! Bad times

18. Yeah not so good but I wasn't careful enough! Determined to do better with the feminised seeds!

19. That's it with gging, it's all in or nothing, if you do things by half measures that's when it can bite you in the arse,
    But just take this as learning curve and know that you won't make the same mistakes again, this is why people write down the exactly what they done because in 2-4 months later you won't remember especially if you smoking as well coz we all know it fucks wid ya memory

20. Yeah starting to realise that now!

First auto germinated and now in a small pot once first true leaves are out will be transplanted into final pot and thrown in the greenhouse at a temporary location with easier access, after a few weeks the greenhouse will be moved to my original plot far away from anyone!