FIRST TIME NUTES (help needed) USING BLOOM IN VEG?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sibannac.freq, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Hi guys, hoping you can help, I have searched several forums but I find it hard to get the correct answer to suit my growing environment.

First off, it's an outdoor grow, only 3 plants, in soil. I have only ever used seasol and rose fertiliser but
    I have just purchased my first lot of bloom nutrients I was suggested by the shop owner (Nutrifield Xtreme Flora A+ [NPK: 12-5.1-28]
    I was told Xtreme Flora would be a heap better, but I am curious as to when my plants are ready for the bloom nutes, I have a few little white hairs here and there, very early stages of bud growth. But is it to early to start with these bloom nutes [NPK: 12-5.1-28] ?

Also The directions give me how much to add to a 10L container but could anyone tell me how often to water my plant with the bloom nutes, do I use just water on some days of the week ect.

If I were to use the bloom nutes on young plants would this affect them in a bad way ? As the K is higher then the Nitrogen ?

2. you can start using nutes meant for flowering stage up to a week BEFORE triggering, and they do fine.

only thing to remember is during the LAST week or so of growth, absolutely flood the area with water, twice, to flush the soil, so the bud tastes better.

3. Thankyou Indie-Kah, would you know how would I go with using these nutes in veg stage, as they still have fairly high nitrogen levels ?
    Much appreciate for your help

4. #4 BloodBooger, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    SLOW DOWN on the feeding......slow it right down....feed AS LITTLE as possible. You will get into salt buildup issues real fast if you overfeed...and ALL of us have been guilty of it. 999.99% of problems with new growers are related to overfeeding. Its just natural that you want to feed those plants everyday because you believe it will help them supergrow...but it wont. Slow it right down...cut the dosages listed on the packages by half at least and you'll be a lot better off for it...I SWEAR this is the truth.

5. Alright will do, from today it was the first feed with any nutes besides seasol, other then that I have just used water up until this point, I also forgot to mention they are in approx 10L pots, would perhaps 2 waters a week, one with and one without nutrients, (depending on weather) be good ? Also is it best to move them in from the rain if I can ? As it rains a bit almost every night here...

6. where approx. is "here". If you are in Boston, then your plants should come in...if you are in Sydney, Aus, maybe not...lol

7. NSW Aus, just worried about them being over watered if they were getting too wet overnight

8. Man, I would LOVE to see that part of the world.......

9. Thanks for your feedback guys, but could anyone tell me if these nutes would be okay during veg, or only for flowering ?

10. CORRECTION! sorry the npk ratio is 20-5.1-28 not what I previously had stated,

11. veg nutes for veg, bloome for bloom. The balances are different, and the veg provides the balance for good leaf and node production.

Think the difference between One a Day vitamins for women and pre-natal vitamins. Much of the same stuff, but women who are pregnant benefit more from pre-natals, and still end up shy some things One a Day carries...and vice-versa.

12. hey bro , I'm in nsw australia too. North east coast. As the guys before said. Don't Over do it tostart with. My outdoor one are starting to bud as well , unless they look deficient dont feed to much until they are forming decent buds. Are they in pots or in ground?message me if you want!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Thanks for your help guys, I also have another question :p I have some fairly big fan leaves on the plants and I'm worried it's shading to much of the bud on the lower bits of each stem, is it best to do a big trim, to allow a lot of light or just take some of the bigger fan leaves off? Or should I just leave it, there about 2ft tall and 1ft wide.

14. Fan leaves are solar panels...they fee bud growth, not the leaves directly around the bud (which are water and sugar leaves)...don't fuck with them until they start browning or curling, THEN clip them, as that's the plant saying "I don't use these, now"

15. Thanks once again indie-kah, this sums up basically all the question I have at this point but I'm sure ill stumble across a few more within the next week or so :p

16. id keep with griw nute untill stretch is almost over other wise you can end up with n def mid way into flower..

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

17. Thankyou Loki, great help!

UPDATE - I found a few hermie bananas within the white hairs and the starting of the bud, should I just keep doing my best at keeping an eye on them and pulling them off before they pollenate ? Or is it to late ... :(