Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get away with smoking in your parents house

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 847250, Feb 26, 2015.

1. I'm 18 and still living with the parents (yes i know), so this is just what i've found works with my situation.

I have been smoking in my house for a few months now. I smoke alot more now that i've figured out how to get away with it when i'm at home. (Every night or every other night usually) 

Here is how you get away with it:

-First things first, location: You must have a window. no exceptions. if you aren't blowing the smoke out the window and it's just sitting in whatever room you're in, you will not go undetected by your parents. It must have a window and it should be somewhere that your parents don't go very often. 

My parents just got 2 puppies so thankfully they don't leave the living room very often which allows me to have the second floor all to myself. I smoke in my bathroom which is a jack and jill bathroom which means i have a room with a shower and a toilet and then 2 separate doors with separate sink areas and then 2 rooms connecting to each of the sinks. My bathroom has a small window with no screen which will come in handy later.

-Secondly, materials: you're going to need something to smoke with, i have found the best thing to be a pipe because it leaks the least amount of smoke. joints are kind of difficult because of how much smoke they let into the room. bongs and floggers could work if you're careful, but i usually just sick with my trusty pipe. 

Lighter and weed. thats a given duh

*******Okay but this is important. This is probably the single most important thing to have. a plastic tube. i know this is crazy but if you want to be extra sure that your parents don't catch you this is how you do it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some of them come with wider nozzle pieces, usually they just detach but you can cut it off if it doesn't. All you need is the plastic tube part. Somewhere around 5 to 6 feet is good depending on how high your window is. I usually just stick about a foot of it out the window and close the window down on it so it isnt going anywhere. this is tricky though if your window has a screen.. unless you can take the screen off i'd say make a small slit to stick it through but if that doesnt work you can always just make a sploof. I used to use one when i first started and it did leave a slight smell behind. 

I know people are going to thing this tube is weird as fuck but trust me this is the best $9 i've ever spent. it really works. 

-Thirdly, The process: okay so pack your bowl, i usually don't pack huge bowls that are super compact, i stick to small ones just because its easier to conceal. Okay so once you're all ready to take a hit, light your bowl just enough to get it lit but this can be tricky because you don't want it to keep burning after you take the hit. A little bit of smoke leakage is okay, it will dissipate, but you don't want to leave a fully smoke bowl lit for that long.

Once your ready to exhale make sure that you blow it out threw the plastic tube thats sticking out the window. I usually bite down a little bit on the end just to make sure it isn't going anywhere.

I know this is repetitive but it's seriously important to try and limit the amount of smoke that stays in your house. If i get more smoke than i meant to in my bathroom i usually just close the two doors on either side, light some candles, and open the window wider. 

I've used this method 50+ times and my bathroom doesn't smell at all. 

HERE ARE SOME TIPS: 
    -Don't smoke when your parents are outside or fully awake (My mom and dad usually take the dogs out at 10:30 and then pass out so i usually have to wait until after they go to sleep, but i've gotten away with them just walking around in the kitchen directly below my room)

-if your parents room is close to yours, i would suggest to turn on some sort of noise, be it the radio, or the shower just to make sure they dont hear your lighter click. thats pretty much a dead give away. 

-i know its tempting but try and take smaller hits that wont make you cough because that can also be suspicious. 

-Neighbors... just be careful. Mine are old and don't really pay attention but just be wary. 

-Okay here's a big one: Storing your stuff. Rule one about storing anything in your house is to make sure you keep everything fairly clean. I suggest investing in a few q tips and rubbing alcohol to clean your pipe, socket, lighter, etc. Also i would definitely store all weed in a (air tight if possible) jar. Mason jars work wonders, pill bottles are fairly decent. Just make sure it isn't just out in a bag because it will smell.
    But when it comes to where you keep it, thats kind of a personal preference thing. I have found it to be different for everyone and it really just depends on where your parents look least. I honestly just keep all of my stuff in the bottom drawer of my dest.

Hopefully this helped! 
    Keep toking :smoke:

2. put the work u waste figuring out how to get high at mom and dads into finding a job and get ur own spot 

3. Not bad! with all the people asking (like every day) how to get away with it. Also you should pack snaps they work best. You should make an edit saying how to get smell off of you.

4. Put a towel under your door, light a incense, crack a window, toke up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. i have a job but im in high school still and don't have anywhere else to go thank you very much

6. Antennae up.

Why not place more importance on respect and trust and get your butt outside to toke, it's more important then (let's be honest,) your laziness. :smoke:

7. houses are right next to other houses. I couldn't smoke outside it's too obvious. And my parents wouldn't let me leave in the middle of the night anyways. 

8. #8 Msnarls, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    You should just be honest with your parents and tell them you smoke. Ask them if they're okay with you leaving at night to go smoke. If they're not okay with it, then you should respect that as long as you live in their house.

9. You mught be suprised to find that your parents smoke too.

10. One word: vaporizer

11. Dude eat chilli every day for the rest of your life. Your gas will be so bad no one will notice the smell of weed.

12. Just smoke a bowl out of your window, maybe with a fan and spray some febreeze after. If you think you can get away with it using a sploof (toilet paper tube with drier sheets shoved in it that you blow smoke through to cover the scent) try that, it really isn't that hard to get away with if you're careful and have some common sense.

~ Stay Lifted

13. Been smoking in my bathroom for a long time too. Roll something to block the gap at the bottom of the door. Turn the shower on and then smoke out of the window.

14. Plastic hose is really smart, ensures all smoke goes in a straight stream out the window and not like some of the exhale cloud stays inside. Never smoke joints or blunts either, and use a sploof if you don't have a plastic tube is what i can add

15. All I need to do in my house is put a towel on the bottom of my door, burn incense, and blow the smoke up (my rooms on the top floor). I don't know why but the smell is gone within 30 minutes.

16. #16 левша, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    Even if you have your own house, I know a lot can just light up and not worry. But it also depends on location, because with some people if they light that shit in their own house having a blast doing their thing, you wouldnt be able to tell if the neighbors smell it and call the cops, or anyone for that matter happening to walk by. So it is best to be stealthy and aware, parents or no parents.
    Yall think you have the right to do whatever you want in your house even if it's illegal and go over do it, all you need is a quarter and a bunch of j papes to get yourself into trouble.
    On the other hand that tube idea is awesome haha. Will need to replace often though unless you dont mind it reeking up.

:smoking:

17. #17 itsmarch20th, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    If your window has a screen so that you can't lean out the window and smoke, you should place a fan over your window. I take bong rips every morning using the fan and it never smells. You can take a hit and watch all the smoke get sucked up, as long as you aim your exhale and keep the bowl of your piece near it. I tend to go outside most of the time but when my moms gone I like to make use out of that little convenience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. one trick for hiding the sound of lighters click is to light a candle, and then just press the ignitor button on your lighter right over the flame for each hit. you won't have to make it click but the butane will ignite! 
    i literally just did it like 10 minutes ago [​IMG]

19. Yeah like he said with the lighter sound, I use to get thick thread or yarn and tie it around my lighter under the button, so when I pressed it down it didn't make a sound.

~ Stay Lifted

20. first off the best way to not get caught is to not smoke at home if your parent are going to fuck with you about it. fuck a bunch off restriction or what have you. just find a spot you can hit like the side of the house when you drop the garbage out at night or walk the dog or something. i did that mostly. i lived in this monster condo complex in socal so i was pretty safe and away from everything. just walk the big grassy areas with my pup and smoke. or when i was taking the trash out i would hit my pipe a couple three times.

a well used sploof and a box fan worked great for me for years and years when i did smoke at home in my room. also using a one hitter is king and i only packed enough for a single hit. that way it would smoke away to nothing but ash and i wouldn't be left with half burnt doobage that stank of ass. seriously, go smoke a doobie, but stop 1/2 way there. or hit your bowl and then cover it, give it a second or 2 to go out. now give either of those a big ol whiff and you will see what i mean. plus it makes your thumb stink when you cover a bowl. speaking of that, i had alcohol hand sanitizer {clean hands is another tick of mine} to kill the funk smell on my hands. a friend told me he would rub his hands in dirt to get rid if the smell. it almost made me have a fucking heart attack. getting his hands dirty like that da fuq i say?? anyway, i think the alcohol was breaking it down. better then soap even. i also used incense AFTER i smoked to help cover anything i missed. trick is to use incense often enough that no one is suspect of you for doing so. 

to make a sploof-
    jam dryer sheets into a paper towel roll and exhale your smoke through it. cha-ching!

good luck! and don't get caught. nothing will fuck with your buzz like mommy or daddy finding out that you smoke. lol i am so glad i don't live at home anymore. i pity all of you poor fuckers that do hahahahahahaha! [​IMG]