Barack Obama: Case For Impeachment.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Why are you so convinced that oil is so bad? By almost every account our air is healthier today than it was 10 years ago, and we are burning more oil than ever.

America's air is getting cleaner, which doesn't just mean a healthier public -- it also saves the U.S. billions of dollars.

The American Lung Association's annual "State of the Air" report -- based on EPA findings for 2009 through 2011 -- found that the three types of air pollution they track have all declined.

"We are happy to report that the state of our air is much cleaner today than when we started the report 14 years ago," said Harold Wimmer, the ALA's CEO. "But the work is not done."

If you get depressed about the plethora of news about environmental woes, here's a bit of news that should make you breathe easier.

NASA has just released new images from its Aura satellite, which was launched back in 2004 to study the chemistry of the Earth's atmosphere. They show that over the past decade, the amount ofnitrogen dioxide -- a yellow-brown gas produced by gasoline-burning car engines and coal-burning electrical power plants that can cause respiratory problems -- has decreased. That's true, even though the U.S. population has increased and there are more cars on the road.

On Wednesday, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) quietly released their annual report on air quality trends.  You would never know it from picking up a newspaper or reading news websites, but the report contains great news. Air quality in the United States has dramatically improved and, according to all indicators, it will continue to improve.

2. What were his actual crimes? While we're on that subject what are the "dozens of serious laws" that Obama broke?

You speak a lot in platitudes about the second amendment, the constitution, liberty, etc.... So where does "guilty until proven innocent" fit in with all that?

I'm no scholar, but I'm quite certain the environmental hazard of burning oil has little to do with how clean the air is in the USA, and more to do with the thickness of the ozone layer that keeps ultraviolet light from fucking us up.

4. All those military men in the Middle East Killing people everyday for no reason...Patriotism.

5. Did you not read the first post and click the link Obama should've been impeached awhile ago. Obama is Guilty

6. Because YouTube says so?

7. If you watched the Video he's showing articles as he's making his case. That's why i said CLICK the link and Watch. Google the NDAA. Do your own research instead of asking what Obama is guilty of on Grasscity. Violating the constitution is Tyranny.

8. Do my own research? Seriously? Since when is YouTube considered "research"?

And as someone who has done a modicum of research on anything, ever, I would be embarrassed to post a youtube link.

But what is Norway supposed to do, not export it's main export? Would you be willing to sacrifice your own economic prosperity in defense of those ideals?

That's the other side of the oil debate, sure fossil fuels aren't great for the environment or sustainable, but if they Norway stopped producing it, they wouldn't have some of the sweet social programs it's citizens enjoy. I'm not sure that compares to wanton drone strikes and such.

And even that has it's own other side, because yeah, terrorism does exist. Is it an evil act to kill a bunch of kids in a drone strike just to get one bad guy? But if you don't drone strike him, he might go on to kill other innocents. So it's not really that black and white.

Well, again, I didn't bring it up to discuss Norway and oil in detail, I posed that example to show that people have a tendency to 'look the other way', or focus exclusively on the positive, when their countries' actions are in question.

To answer you in detail since you ask in detail, though, you're right, without the oil export the smooth system of state we have going now would be drastically different. I don't know if this kind of oil-specific news makes it to the American main stream, but since OPEC started the price wars not long ago to fuck with American energy independence, Norwegian oil has taken a hard hit and the effects are felt in all of society. But, that won't be the case for much more than a couple of decades, a transition is in progress. A bit on Norwegian economic history:
    After the initial oil boom in the 60's, when Norway found oil in the North Sea and went from a poor rural country to an extravagantly rich country, a lot of wise and good statesmen got together and channeled that money into ways of making the country strong. (Oil is state-owned in Norway, not privately owned, so all the riches went "straight to the people"). The end result was a massive focus on higher-level education, making it free, making every citizen useful and specialized, that was the long term goal. One of our strongest modern exports is actually not oil but expertise, we sell consultants, largely in the engineering domain (Norwegian engineers have a great reputation in Europe for computer sciences, petroleum engineering and shipbuilding/seafaring engineering). I myself am one of these many - a free state sponsored high level education is available to all, and in a year when I'm done with my 7-year education, I'll be out to work for a high wage for partially state-owned consulting companies, with a very high tax (upwards of 60%, to pay for the next generation of Norwegians). So it's not all hanging on the oil, and there's an understanding of it not lasting, and a willingness to adapt to the future. With that little propaganda piece out of the way; 

You elegantly make my own point for me at the end; it's not black and white. My point was that the average Norwegian, when confronted with the energy question, sees it as black and white. They see Norway as a place that uses clean energy and is all great and enviable, and have a smugness about themselves when talking about it (to foreigners in particular), and choose to completely ignore that our main export flies in the face of that clean energy boasting.

One can do something unethical for benefit, but one should then also be willing to face and discuss the unethical part. I think a lot of prideful people don't. Do you agree?

11. Hey Viking: I'm half Viking; my grandfather emigrated from Varberg, Sweden.

Where/what country you from?

LOL:

[​IMG]

12. First of all, its innocent until proven.guilty.

That's what impeachment is. Its a trial.

Also what laws he broke depends on who you ask.

Technically if the leader said its legal than its legal. Do you think the constitution is law? Is the federal law above the constitution?

For starters executive orders are against the law. Period.

-yuri

13. Am I the only one that thinks he's a good president?
    Jesus fucking H. Christ... No one is ever the least bit satisfied with any president.

14. Wait Wut? Fucking serious right now?

Obama a good president? Omfg wake up dude

-yuri

15. Yes. He actually acknowledges global warming as a serious threat, he initiated country wide health care, and has taken steps to end the pointless, expensive war on oil. Sure, there are a lot of problems that are still there. And yes, he hasn't done all he could do. But, you think Mitt Romney could have done any better? The dude's a fucking Mormon for fucks sake. He believes black people will turn white if they convert. 
    Sure, he isn't perfect, but he's much better than Bush.

Man-made global warming, whether true or not, is nothing more a vehicle with which to expand government power and take more money from us.

"Country wide health care" is socialized medicine. Tell me one thing that government got involved in that actually got better/cheaper instead of worse/more expensive.

FTR, my premium went UP, and my deductible went from $3,000 per year to $5,500 -- thanks to Obamacare.

17. It's not a debate on whether or not global warming is true or not... it is. I'd like to see some evidence for ''nothing more a vehicle with which to expand government power and take more money from us''.  I've never heard of this. It would be interesting, though.
    Regardless if fixing the problem takes money away from us and gives the government more power, it doesn't matter. It should be the most important issue of this century, because the implications affect every single person on this planet.

And as far as I understand it, the health care act is suppose to benefit people who cannot afford health care at all. I now have health care, that i previously couldn't afford. I went to the doctor for the first time in years. It's not a perfect system, of course. 
    And, please, correct me if I'm wrong - as much as it sucks for your insurance rate and deductible to go up, you can most likely afford it. As far as I understand it, it's not suppose to make everyone's health care more affordable, but to adjust the rates according to the person's income.

I could be wrong, and I'll gladly change my views if the evidence is there. 

18. #58 Lenny., Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    And who is going to impeach him?

Everything the government does is legal because they say it's legal. From slavery, to a central bank, to warrantless wiretapping, to endless undeclared wars, dereliction, lying, theft, torture, indefinite detention, you name it. All legal.

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, something he did multiple times. But what kind of precedent would that set if they convicted him for lying? The whole system would be undermined. Lying is one of the most basic fundamental aspects of politics. And what Clinton lied about, the sexual relationship, was such a stupid thing to be concerned with. I think they ought to have been more concerned with things he did that were of negative consequence. 

Judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o65vMUk5so

If I'm not mistaken, the penalty that you pay if you don't buy insurance is the thing that is adjusted for your income. But there's a good chance that I am mistaken because I haven't read the 10,000 pages of regulations. 

The President said if you like your healthcare plan you can keep it. If you like your doctor you can keep him. This turned out to be false for god knows how many people. The healthcare plan that I was paying for, that I was told I could keep, was now illegal. And instead I have to pay for a plan that's nearly twice as expensive, and covers things for my kids and wife -- who don't exist.

19. #59 yurigadaisukida, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Well I don't think Romney being a Mormon has anything to do with it.

But I agree. I'd be even more pissed if Romney was our president.

I really just wish the other 8-10 people running for third party could get some consideration.

Fact is very very few Americans completely identify with one party.

For example, I was a Democrat when I was younger, but was always against gun control, because I realized the necessity of the second amendment.

Now I'm a "far right" but I still support many liberal ideals, like gay marriage.

By having a 2 party system, we essentially become single issue voters and take all the bad laws with the good.

I'm sure for every person there is a third party candidate that shares most of your views. Why must se have only 2 parties?

Why can't we be pro.life and pro socilaism? Or pro gun rights and pro choice? Or anti gay marriage but pro healthcare? It makes no sense.

-yuri

20. #60 *ColtClassic*, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015

[​IMG]