First Grow / LED / White Widow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by stevemag88, Feb 26, 2015.

1. What's up fellow growers this is my first grow and I was hoping to get some opinions and tips on how things look... Here's what I got

Bought 5 (Got 5 freebies) Fem White Widow seeds from ILGM

4'x2'x5' yield labs tent

Advance Spectrum 270 watt LED 3w chips for Veg/Flower

Currently have 1 36w blue spectrum LED and 2 23 actual watt 5000k CFLs a few inches above them

4" 190cfm exh fan w. Charcoal filter

Medium- FFOF FFHF 50/50 mix amended w/ Perlite

Germed 2 seeds on 2/10 and planted them in solo cups on 2/13 they sprouted 2/15...

As a newbie I was overwatering them but since backed off and only water when the soil is dry and cup feels extra light using distilled water...any tips or opinions on these girls...how much longer should I wait to transplant and or top...I want to try some LST possibly with one of them most likely the taller of the 2 since one seems to Bush out and one seems to be stretching 1st set of pictures are from 2/19 6 days from sprout...I was struggling with humidity but have since shut off the 270W LED and the Exh fan and temps have settled around 73 to 78 with 40% to 60% humidity... Feel free to comment

Attached Files:

2. Here's pictures from tonight

Attached Files:

3. Temps look better than first post, and they are looking good. There is barely any soil in that solo cup though, might need a transplant a bit sooner than later. Maybe after 2 more nodes show up.

Never seen a grow with your light, so I am subbed in to see what it can do!

4. Planning on transplanting into 5 gal Smart pots that I got for free from a friend and am adding another led as suggested from another grower on another site that I have xposted this journal on will keep this updated as soon as that's all done

5. Update... Transplanted into 5 gal smart pots...Bought the last bag of FFOF and FFHF the shop by me had so I was a little light on filling them but I think it should be ok if not let me know and I'll try and get more to fill in if necessary ...haven't really seen any growth or negative effects since transplanting but being patient as I hope they rebound and start to take off ...any opinions or tips are welcome as always as I'm a newbie... Let me know what u guys think

Attached Files:

6. Looks good to me. Girls should love the extra space.

7. Some updated pics taken yesterday...they seem to still be pretty short and my guess is that's just the genetics of the strain..i raised my lights to hopefully induce some vertical growth...humidity was around 45% before i opened up the tent and was working in there so don't mind the 35% in the pics seems to drop alot when i open the doors and raise right back up when i close em up...any tips on when i can top or FIM and begin some training to increase top shoots for more colas when in flowering? also there seems to be alot of lower growth happening can any of this be trimmed? check out the pics let me know what u guys think...

Attached Files:

8. Took some pics and figured I'd post an update...chime in Lmk what u guys think

Attached Files:

9. Any idea what's causing this with the leaves ...seems to only be 1 or 2 on each plant ...no signs of any bugs or pests I have checked with a 40x loupe and see nothing on any leaves or the affected one's

Attached Files:

10. so its been a while but im back with an update and some pics. man its been a fun journey since i got this started. for my first grow im pleased with the progress made and yes I have definitely made some mistakes along the way but that's what this is all about learning from mistakes and improving with each new grow. its been quite a while since my last update so i feel like there's so much info i can post in this update but i wanna keep it simple so lets get started.

so for starters just to give a quick update on things i started with 2 Fem White Widows and im now 42 days in flower and well being that one always seemed to be a little slower and smaller i decided to use that as my experimental plant if you wanna call it that. i did some minor LST and pruning to both but as you will see the experimental girl lets call her WW2 i did alot more defoliating and different experiments to to see how things are affected and as you will see in the pics it definitely had an effect and not always a good one. WW1 is super bushy and seems to be OK but WW2 seems to have done more stretching which im thinking its from doing so much defoliating. both are pretty short and im hoping they fatten up more in the final weeks of flowering. check out the pics and let me know what you guys think. think the buds will fatten up at all? any yield predictions are welcome.

11. check out some updated pics

Attached Files:

12. more pics from flowering

Attached Files:

13. couple more

Attached Files:

14. what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

15. Those sure have come a long way! They are looking frosty and healthy. They should keep fattening up for you. How long do you plan to flower?

16. well was thinking I had at least another 25 30 days of flower...from the looks of these do you think that's close to what's left? I have been keeping a close eye on the trichs as well but def need a better loupe or scope cuz mines a cheap one

17. Thx I'll def look into that and yeah I figured 25 30 days puts them at like 65 70 total in flower...just really hope they fatten up more but still happy overall and this being my first grow I still feel like they could have been better but I have nothing to personally compare them to so I'll just keep learning and use this as knowledge for the next run

There always should be room for improvement, but I think you have a great baseline going. Buds do really swell as they start to mature, it'll happen for you too.