Gorilla Grow Tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Menyaw, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Hello, I was looking to get a gorilla grow tent and was wondering what size I should go with. I want to be able to grow at least two plants at a time. Does anyone know what kind of space I need for that?

2. well, 1 sq ft per plant, so at least 1 x 2. 2 x 2 is probably a more pleasant size to deal with.

3. depends on what size plants you wanna grow

4. will the plants size vary with the tent size? or are all plants different sizes? will a 3x3 tent be big enough for at least two plants?

5. That depends on dozens of factors.

How long do you plan to veg? Or going auto? What veg period, if auto? What's flowering time on the strains you're going with? Light source? Any ventilation or heat issues?

Generally speaking, if you're not shooting for full growth plants, a 2 by 3 will easily handle two short term veg plants (5-8 weeks, LST'd or SCROGged), and CAN handle up to 6, if you're well versed in controlling growth without damaging the plant.

I use gorillas...strongest on the market, but you pay out the ass for that...next tier down is ALMOST as strong, and about 2/3 the cost....but it makes up for itself, in the long run.

If you're doing a short grow, a 24 by 30 (or 36) by 48 will do your needs just fine.

If you want to grow 'em relatively big (3 to 4 months vegging), you need a tent at least 8, preferably 9 feet in height, and with about 18 inches square under/around each plant....and you'll still end up LSTing, SCROGging, or at least netting them.

6. Also remember 99% of people who keep growing don't stay with only 1 or 2 plants. If you think they're might be a possibility of growing more plants, you may want to look at a bigger tent, but that's on you and how much space you have. Just a suggestion

7. ^he's right.
    Remember, the more you have going, the less of a catastrophe it is if you lose one or have to yank a herm if growing seed.

8. Hey, thank you for your response. You helped out a lot. Is there a good book or something to read with more information like the kind you are giving? Or does it just come with experience?

I find its best to answer these questions and use them as a starting point.... 

How much bud do you need per month?
    How much electricity are you prepared to use per month? 
    How much room do you have that you can dedicate to growing? 
    How much money are you prepared to throw at the project to start up? 

Everything else can be decided from those answers. You don't even need to answer all of them so if you're not sure it's fine 

10. Many books...but not worth the money. You'll rapidly figure out who in growing forums knows what they're talking about (even if they're only REALLY good in a couple areas), and who's talking out their ass...the good guys are worth more than any three books, because instead of one person's opinion, you get multiple METHODS that work.

11. #11 GoldGrower, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    ^^^ so true about the books. I have these... And theyre all shit 

[​IMG]