Whos ready for Obamanet.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BRZBoy, Feb 25, 2015.

What is causing it to get better?

Stricter regulations, possibly?

2. We should pursue INTELLIGENT regulation - and actually attempt to keep the regulatory effort to a minimum - instead of viewing nearly every issue as an opportunity for expanding the government's role in public life. 

3. YES....and the fact that since 2007, the entire world has been in economic recession and is still not recovered. They have the factories that manufacture the goods, at near slave wages, no unions, etc...and if they can't sell their goods, they slow down production...less production means less pollution....but they have stiffened regs as well. ..but not much....If things took off again, it's gonna get bad there quickly again.

4. Man, it's so obvious those free market Ron Paul libertarians are no longer lurking around in the city.

5. #45 BloodBooger, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    I have no complaint about SMART REGULATION....LIMITED REGULATION, so long as it is EFFECTIVE REGULATION. But what I don't have time or patience for is knee jerk negativity at the mention of some political dog whistle like Fox News and MSNBC spreads daily

6. Gentrification ;)

7. I've switched to Al Jazeera. lol

Even Russia Today is a refreshing change in propaganda from the Democrat and Republican versions.

If there's a God, everybody in those two parties will drop dead - right now. :laughing:  

really you didn't know what this was about? 
    or you think if you read the entire bill word for word you'd have some influence on the outcome. i'm sure teams of lawyers had spent countless hours working this out for you.

if you needed the info about the bill, you could find it here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States

I got tired of both sides making their unsubstantiated claims over the last couple days when neither side really knew for certain wtf they were talking about. You think you know and so does everyone else. Time will tell if it was a good thing or not. Sometimes we get surprised by eager-beaver regulators when the devil and his details finally shows up on the scene.

fair enough. let's wait and see...

i think the OP sounded a little dramatic with the whole "obamanet" thing. like it's yet another beginning of the end of the world. 

11. This thread is swinging wildly, but for the most part is on topic and (fairly) cordial.

Just a half off topic response to Russian TV - In the face of Ukraine, their propaganda is better?

I am bowing out, Keep it on topic and cordial. :smoke:

12. supply and demand help a lot.

If there are enough people to "vote" for a regualtion, surely there is demand for clean energy?

-yuri