Whos ready for Obamanet.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BRZBoy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. This week the FCC seeks to impose Title II regulations to the internet. That is used to regulate utilitiy monopolies..which has not worked for the most part. Your phone bill any cheaper? Its probably the same or more then when you signed up years ago.

For the little low information voter, the intellectual blogger who knows nothing but thinks he does, the yahoo news reader and the Madcow watcher contrary to popular belief its horrendous.

This now brings into the realm of the internet a couple of catch phrases that are in its authoritative purview. "Practices", "Just and Reasonable" and "Charges". Anything that anyone that does business on the internet has to pass through those filters. The "charges" are worrying because the FCC determines that now. If the telecoms before the FCC can convince the FCC that they require a charge or increase in hike then that body makes it legal for them to increase it....not the market, not the consumer.

The big one is "Just and Reasonable". As the below article states everyone is readying there cases to bring before the FCC. Currently the FCC can't take this huge rush that is about to hit them so yet again another agency will have to expand to handle the case load so they can protect Americans. A example they give is Blackberry under the "just and reasonable" clause wants Apple and Netflix carry there messenger app.

A great example is Google Fiber. ATT is reading a case to be heard under the clause that Google subsizies the high cost of internet delivery via ads. Something that ATT does not and therefore its not fair. If its not fair then under the "just and reasonable" clause you can stop them.

So there you have it just a small window into the nutty world of the government. You guys wanted it, here you go. Enjoy the suck.I am sure as it unfolds you will enjoy this as much as you enjoy Obamacare which you can hardly find anyone that does now thats its implemented..in fact the ones who wanted it are trying to avoid the fine HAHA.

Whats interesting and perplexing as well is the FCC Chairman was dead set against this then he drafted this thing and now he refuses to testify before Congress about it till after its been voted in.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/l-gordon-crovitz-from-internet-to-obamanet-1424644324

2. Yay america 

:(

3. #3 ICGreen, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Log In    

What's to stop AT&T from implementing a lower cost tier with ads?

What was there to stop any of them from continuing to jack up their prices? In many places there exists no real competition for services. :smoke:

4.  Worked for me and I do no subscribe...was a google news link.

If this is true, then god damn

The internet freedom is crucial; granted its far less regulated and much more of a "wild west" arena than most financial systems, it benefits the common person

For those interested I believe the broader keyword to read up on is "Net Neutrality"

This is not it. Its wholly endorsed by the Telecoms so they can control it even more under the guise that its helping the common man. They fully know the rules so they will bring up case after case to clog up the FCCs time and that in effect makes the FCC wait to give permission to companies while they consider say ATT's argument.

The very fact that now a panel decides all routes and avenue will be used as a tool to create stagnation.

What the liberals of America never get...the universe is dynamic and ever changing. Passing a law or regulation solves nothing since as we speak that multi hundred page document is being nit picked apart by legions of lawyers.

Is it not the net neutrality issue? I read it as ISP companies being able to charge differently to different actors and being able to impose monopolies by way of controlling the data flow

Could you explain the issue a little simpler? Your use of English is lovely, but a bit confusing

Basically there all for it because on the surface it makes them look good but when you dig into the legislation and what it does it opens up a can of worms. Right now if you want to pay for a fiber net like Google does from its massively overwhelmingly successful ad business model you can. Well ATT is gearing up to use the wording of the legislation under the FCCs own rules to try to stop that.

Just a example and who knows if it would be successful but say it is? 100% promise and calling it right now your internet prices will not increase, they will not get any faster. That will be the outcome since this is by design of this ruling.

What it does now is take a do whatever you want model and if it makes money you succeed to piping it all through a government panel who then decides if its best for you. Its a very small panel I think 5 that will decide all things internet based.

You don't know me.

10. Me either....

and it's hard for me to pay a lot of attention to folks who don't know the difference between. their, they're, and there..... :laughing:

but that's just me....

11. The phone bill analogy probably wasnt the best, because as anyone who had phone service years ago knows, phone bills are much cheaper than years ago
    . Used to be you could hardly make a long distance call because the prices were crazy.
    Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Uhh, it's not Obamanet. It's every president in the future.net. Not one president will be for net neutrality...ever. It's just a fact of life that we will give up what the internet is today. Just like all Americans have given up their rights and given up on what America used to be.

If women had no voice this process would be slowed 10-20 years...

Ahh, Actually this was to insure net neutrality. It prevents the big ISPs from tiering their systems for delivery of content. :smoke:

14. And posts an article you have to pay to read. Lol.

15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhkE8O2e5RE

That is the theme that there trying to sell this thing to the masses like Obamacare...and the masses like the dolts they are fail to look under the title and look into all the aspects of it.

17. Airlines have first class and coach, cell phone providers have tiers, there are luxury cars and beaters, Samsung TVs and Coby.  What's the problem with paying more for better and why single out ISPs when limiting product availability?

18. #18 Green Wizard, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015

Your analogies don't apply to net neutrality. Sure, we have a choice between luxury cars and beaters and whatever else, however, they're driven on the same highway. Ahhh. No special pipelines or access for luxury cars or beaters. Get it? The information driven on the highways all use the same highways.

19. No more paid expressways then?

20. #20 BRZBoy, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015

Because the liberals of the universe want a place where we all hold hands, have bowl cuts, live a life of total equality and bliss. Nice idea but history shows that never pans out.

They have this illusion that the fiber infrastructure and millions of servers that are hooked up are free. They think that when they turn on there computer that  no effort was ever made for that information they easily consume on there computers. As a result of there stupidity they think even paying a penny for a service is to much.

That same dolt also still sucks off his moms breast living at home and is in his 30s. A life achieving nothing or anything creates this idea that what is yours is his and what is his is naturally his, but hey he has his 4 year degree and is a "intellectual". So who are we to argue.

This is not a good example of how to respectfully debate in the City. - ICGreen