Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to bind/make THC honey with BHO?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RaJay, Feb 25, 2015.

I usually decarb some but that's plant material and depends on the age. You don't need to decarb to get some the topical effects but I haven't been able to determine whether there is a difference and haven't found any research on that. That's something you'll have decide with time. Make some decarbed and non-decarbed and give them to someone in pain or with skin problems and have them test it for you. 

I've seen lots of recipes that don't decarb and that work well. I just don't know enough to tell you one way or the other. Sorry. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gotchya! I will just have to test it and see. I had an extra bottle of coconut oil I had bought a couple weeks back as backup for my bho pills.. It is refined so not the ideal choice for topicals.. I went ahead and spread some on a hot bagle... DAMNNNN this is soooo bomb! Lol! Didnt realize how delicious it is, and much healthier than butter.

As for this topical, Im just waiting in my beeswax grains to get here along with Shea. I got my essential oils, and Carrier oils ready.

• Like Like x 1
    If you like the taste of coconut, the extra virgin is even better. It has coconut pulp in it and will have a heavy coconut fragrance. It is really good stuff. There's even a coconut oil regimen for removing toxins and whitening your teeth. [​IMG]

4. #164 RaJay, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    I actually dipped into my EVCO this morning with another bagel... You are correct! Tasted even better! This is truly amazing. I thought it was only good to carry the bho in pills, but Im going to start buying this to eat. I would love to learn them but first Im getting there with this topical.

So Im just waiting for the Shea Butter, Tea Tree Oil, and Jojaba Oil.

Between CoconutOil, AlvocadoOil, and AlmondOil I will use a ratio of 3:1:1

I will mix the Carrier Oils, then 1gBHO per 4 oz of Carrier Oils. Once mixed I add in 5g Shea Butter & 6g Beeswax per oz of oils and mix. Let it start to cool off and add a couple tea tree drops, maybe a cinnamon bark&leaf oil drop each. Mix, let cool and place in conainer for use. Im holding off on the Jojoba for this one since I'm going with what you gave me here. I'm also getting some Lavander Essential OIl from a friend, but I will read and see what Essential oils are good blends and what they do.

Attached Files:

5. #165 PsychedelicSam, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015

Sounds like a plan coming together, but only make a small batch first to be sure the texture and scent are to your liking. I have a lot of small jars of various formulas that didn't really work out the way I expected. Once you find one or two you like, then make larger amounts and be sure that you write down your formulations so you can repeat the good ones.  [​IMG]

6. Got my Jojoba&Tea Tree Oil. Tea Tree says on the back recommend to mix with Lavander which Im getting soon.

Is it okay to add Jojaba with Coconut/Almond/Alvocado Oil as the bass oils? Just adjust ratios a little bit right?

Attached Files:

Sure you can. It's all about ratios for successful topicals, mixing and matching. Tea Tree oil is good alone or blended with most other essential oils. It's very earthy and makes a good mix with the floral Lavender oil and keeps it from being overpowering. [​IMG]

8. #168 RaJay, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Im looking up EO (Essential Oils) that are said to help skin cancer or skin diseases.. My pops good friend recently got cancer blister or somthing along thoes lines on his bottom lip. I waa hoping to have him test my batch when its made. Would be the coolest think if it helps just a little bit, you never know!

I orderd some Frankincense EO reading that it is very good for skin type problems like described above.

Tea Tree/Frankincense/Cinnamon Bark/Lavander EO 1-4drops each? Mixed with Coconut/Almond/Alvocado/Jojoba Oil being a ratio of (3:1:1:1) and 6g Beeswax+5g Shea Butter per OZ of Oils... Of course not forgetting about the 1gBHO per 4 oz of carrier oil

If he's going to use it on his lip, be sure that your essential oils are food grade. Many oils are fairly toxic if taken internally and it may not take a lot to do it. It's hard to avoid licking it. Wintergreen is one of those that you don't use if you've a chance of ingestion and there are others. Avocado oil can nullify the effects of warfarin which is a blood thinner used by heart patients. The best oil to fight the cancer is the cannabis coconut oil because of its specialized properties. The almond oil is a good addition for the skin benefits and some tea tree and lavender. In topicals, things that may have great health benefits with that application are often quite hazardous when used in other applications so research is always essential in your formulations. 

The best thing you can do for his cancer is to take a gram of decarbed BHO and dissolve it into a half ounce of your coconut oil. Then have your pop's friend rub the oil on the spot on lip morning, noon and night, using a bandaid if possible even if only at night. I use a similar product on myself except I make mine from buds. I have skin cancer and use it to remove those spots when they pop up. It's very effective for that and a bunch of other stuff. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey Sam I was just passing through a local Spanish market, and they carried extra virgin Alvocado Oil. Is this useable?? Very cheap if so..

Im starting a batch out right now of bho Skin Cream. Decarbing my bho, now just figuring out how much of my Carrier Oils to use for my 2 gBHO.

Attached Files:

11. Just did 1.3 oz each of Jojoba/Almond/Alvocado oil and 2 oz of Coconut Oil. 2gBHO infusing with coconut oil right now in the oven, shortly to add in the Carrier Oils into it.

You want the Massimo cold pressed but not the other one, the blend, Sol y Luna. That has other oils in it. Pure Avocado oil does not need refrigeration after opening. 8.99 for the Massimo is a good price. Other brands are usually twice that much for half as much. That one is a full liter. That's a good catch and I'll look in either an Asian or Hispanic market the next time I need some, which is actually this week. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. #173 RaJay, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    sweet! Im going to grab a couple next time I go. Hope you find them at your local spanish/asian markets. Im in Southern Cali in a spot inbetween a few villartas. Thats where I took the picture.

So I just finished up my batch of about 11oz total. The smell is pleasant. I used 3 drops of lavander 2 drops of Tea Tree, and just barely a little less than 1 drop per OZ of final mix of Carrier Oils/Beeswax&Shea Butter.

Mostly a Lavander Coconut oil smell. A bit of tea tree and just the lightest scent of cinnamon. Going to apply some after a shower.

Attached Files:

14. Hey PSam! Hope everything is going good! Im starting to read up on Emu oil, do you ever use this, or is it too pricey compaired to other oils that work to perfectly?

I ordered Apricot Kernel Oil after reading really great reviews on its benifits, also 16oz of Emu. I got lots of Carrier Oils to play and experiment with, but I should expand my Essential Oils more than my Cinnamon Bark Oil, Lavander Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Frankincense Oil.. Which EO's would you recommend to blend?

I've never used emu but a lot of people do. It's an animal fat so that's a turn off for me but there's nothing wrong with it and it's supposed to absorb deeper into tissue. For essential oils, ginger is a good base and has a lot of great health benefits and so does patchouli but it has a heavy fragrance that a lot of people associate with cannabis because it was burned as incense by all us old hippies to cover the smell. Lemongrass or some citrus oils are good. There are a lot of good oils and I'm still a novice myself on those. [​IMG]

16. Hahah my moms came over for a visit recently and was looking through my incense and called me a hippy for having patchouli lol.

Okay so ginger ill check out along with the citrus. But I should be careful with citrus and warn people not to wear it if they are going to be exposed to sun for a long while correct?

Many of the other oils have sunblock protection, the shea butter, almond, coconut and avocado oils, so unless the citrus oils are the only ones used, it shouldn't be a problem. [​IMG] 

18. PSam! I hope you are doing great over there along with everyone else!

Im a ghost around here now a days! Im more so in the BHO threads in the processing section if Im on GC.

I made a couple batches of Topicals since last post. Really getting into that, and was wondering (I know you dont like Emu because its extracted from an animal and I feel you) how to use the rest of this Emu oil I have. I have about 13-14 oz left and wanted to do just a BHO infused into Emu oil.

Would you suggest to blend eachother together as you were infusing bho into coconut oil inside the oven at 220? Or Pyrex inside a pot of water on the stove?

Any new creations for you?

19. #179 RaJay, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    3 batches made. First one is my first batch made which was broken down in this thread.

The second (of the single shots) picture is my 2nd batch. Carrier Oils were Sweat Almond Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Emu Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil. Essential Oils were: Tea Tree, Frankincent, Lavander, Cinnamon Bark. I also experimented with using more Beeswax and less Shea Butter which made this batch clumpy and thicker.

The last one which has not been touched yet is my attempt at a Aphrodisiac blend.

Ive heard its "easy" for topicals to go bad with bacteria? Is this true, and if so how can you tell its no good anymore, and how do you avoid?

I got suggested to use Baby Oil to infuse BHO into because it doesn't go bad? Any knowledge to school me on for this subject PSam?

Sorry for double post on 3rd batch

Attached Files:

You should be able to infuse it pretty easily, RaJay. Pretty much the same as coconut oil. I don't think it would matter which way you infused it, oven or double boiler. The important thing is to see at what temperature emu oil begins to degrade. As long as it's not over 200F it should be good but I don't know a lot about emu. In earlier times animal fat was all there was for a fat source and there's plenty of saturated fat to make it a good extractor. Some people still use bacon grease.[​IMG]

I'm hanging in there, not a lot to write home about. I've been working on an agave beverage syrup that's flavored and will dissolve in cold water or milk or anything else, like "Dank Drank" but better. It would really work great in a Soda Stream. So far it's a success but a lot of work. 

Baby oil is just mineral oil and while it's a petroleum product, it can be infused like any other oil. It can moisten the skin but I don't think it has a lot of the other properties that make the other oils so desirable. You shouldn't need to worry about shelf life unless you make a fifty gallon drum of the stuff. As long as you don't use water in your creams or oils, you're okay. It's the water that introduces the bacteria. Almond, jojoba, avocado, coconut and other oils will keep at least 6 months to a year or longer. You can always add some vitamin E but they all already have plenty of it. If you have to worry about longer than a year then you made too much. [​IMG]