Breaking Bud - The Perpetual Trailer Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TravelTrailerGrower, Feb 25, 2015.

1.  A couple of pics from last night, day 14 of flower. I also put in another white widow plant, making it three in flower. She's the last pic. The first two are the first white widow, the third is of the incredible bulk.

Attached Files:

Here is a picture of the bubble cloner, less than 10 bucks to make. full of white widow x big bud clones.

All I need is more lids, I have lots of tub and lots of lids with different net pot sizes.  I could do a lot of clones if I got after it. Right now I have too many plants to be cutting more clones.

cloner.jpg

3. An update to the girls in flower right now. Day 23, still 5-6 weeks to go. First two pics are the White Widow, second two are the Incredible Bulk.

Attached Files:

4. :D
    I live/grow in a travel trailer too :)

5.  I gutted this one down just for growing purposes, although I do at times almost "live" in there. It's hard to leave when there are stinky, sparkly, sticky buds growing ;)

6. Been a busy week this last week! Made another batch of coconut oil. Ounce and a half of outdoor Cinex bud into 2 cups of oil. Turned out real good, 1 Tablespoon and you're pain free and totally useless for 5 or 6 hours.

IMG_20150413_152718164_HDR1.jpg

IMG_20150413_173702090_HDR1.jpg

I put another White Widow into the flower room last night. That makes for 3 WW and 1 Incredible Bulk in flower right now. The two on the right have been in 12/12 for four weeks now, WW in the back, IB in the front. Front left side is the second WW, 2 weeks into 12/12, and left back is the newest WW.

IMG_20150414_074421027_HDR1.jpg

I still have been having issues cloning, though I have 4 in dirt I am hoping will take root. I figured my main problem is keeping my water temp stable. So I made yet another Bubble Cloner. This one is made from a Coleman cooler. I cut the lid apart since it was double layered and flipped it over. I drilled holes for the air lines and notched out a place for the cord for the heater to go. I figure the insulation in the cooler walls will help maintain a stable temperature.

IMG_20150414_130102454_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20150414_1301560421.jpg
    IMG_20150414_130209034_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20150414_143456836_HDR1.jpg

My bonsai moms don't even look like they were touched even after taking 8 cuttings from one and 7 from the other.

IMG_20150414_074518096_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20150414_074548000_HDR1.jpg

Overall, everything seems to be going great, other than not being able to get clones to root, but I think I am working in the right direction. Here is a couple of pics of my White Widow that's 4 weeks into 12/12. I can't wait to see what she finishes at, quality and quantity wise.

IMG_20150414_074439856_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20150413_0747136901.jpg

7.  Just another quick update. The white widow is still just blowing away the incredible bulk as far as size and density. I think the trichs look bigger and sparklier on the IB, but for now i'm not to impressed with it. I didn't actually take any pictures of the IB lately either. I will tonight, just for reference sake. Here though are a couple of shots of the White Widow, like 32 days into 12/12. Still another 4-6 weeks to go, not sure as this is first time i've grown this strain. I was told 8.5 weeks is perfect, but i didn't ask if that was from the flip or from first sign of flowering, and she took about 8-10 days for the flowers to start coming on good after the flip, so we'll see....
    IMG_20150418_200748774_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20150418_075435159_HDR1.jpg

Oh, and I might be getting an upgrade to my trailer, should find out in the next few days. Same size, but this ones almost perfect inside, won't have to strip it down to the frame to remove rot or anything, just clean out the stuff I don't need and add one wall to make a sealed flower room!
    IMG_20150418_081945606_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20150418_081743697_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20150418_081803457_HDR1.jpg

8. Took a pic of the incredible bulk last night, day 35 of 12/12. I don't think I'll continue on with this strain... Notice the white widow buds in the background.... Flipped the same day, and appear to be the same size or bigger, even though she's sitting a couple of feet behind...

Attached Files:

9. #29 TravelTrailerGrower, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    Got the go ahead on my new trailer, it's all mine! Sat down and sketched it out after I took some measurements this morning, laying it out as if I was growing for 3 cards since I might be real soon. This would actually be 9 plants under my limit for three cards even with 6 mother plants, but that would give me some room to test new strains etc.

Attached Files:

10.  I'd say I got about 90% done with the removal of everything I didn't need from my new trailer today. Managed to save the wall between the bathroom and rest of the trailer when I took it down, just make a couple of notches with a saw, and I'll be able to reposition it 3 feet further away, giving me a 7.5 x 8 area for a flower room. Hopefully I can finish this stage up completely tomorrow, I've got a job interview in the afternoon so it kind of kills my day as far as diving in head first again. That and I'm going to be sore tomorrow, worked way to hard for way to long today. Forgot to take pictures, but I'll get some tomorrow once It's 100% cleaned out and ready for the fun part, putting it all together!

As far as the plants go, they're all looking great! The White Widow that has been in for 21 days now is starting to look impressive! She was in veg for 8 full weeks, the one I have that has been flowering for 35 days only in veg for 6 full weeks, and she's looking very promising, so I have high hopes for this next one. The one after that that's on day 7 is the first, and so far only, clone I've taken off of my White Widow mother plant. She vegged for only 28 days, so I'm interested to see how these first 3 WW yields turn out. I'll have 1 vegged for 4 weeks, 1 vegged for 6, and 1 vegged for 8 to use as comparisons. My plan once I get clones going on a steady basis is to veg for 12 weeks and use LST to train them around my 7 gallon smart pots.

The Incredible Bulk I had set aside for a mother I put into a 7 gallon pot, and went ahead and trimmed up her lower part, and all the suckers and small branches growing on the inside, she was really bushy, but small due to being kept in a 1 gallon. Next Monday night she is supposed to go into the flower room, but since I'll have 4 plants harvested before she'll be done flowering, I may veg 1, or even 3 more weeks, to let her catch up, though the first IB isn't that impressive, so not sure if it would even be of use...

11. Some pics from yesterdays demolition job. I might just start a new thread once I'm done just detailing the tear down and rebuild process for travel trailer to grow room conversion, this is my second one.

Back half of the trailer, before.
    IMG_20150418_081803457_HDR1.jpg

The back half after tear down.
    IMG_20150422_075121411_HDR1.jpg

The panel laying against the left wall in pic above was the bathroom wall, I'll notch it to go over the wheel well and bring it forward 3 feet to the overhead compartment I cut down on the left side and put it back up, giving me a 7'x7.5' Flower room in the back half, and leaving a small area for a bench and table next to the door.

Next to the sink, which I'm contemplating leaving in, I'm building an enclosed closet with ventilation so I can put my white widow's into dark for 48-72 hours at the end and dry my buds once they are chopped.
    IMG_20150422_075135608_HDR1.jpg

Front half of the trailer, before.
    IMG_20150418_081743697_HDR2.jpg

Front half after tear down, sorry for the mess, I'll take more pics after I clean it out. The lower benches will be made into grow shelves for my vegetation plants, putting the tops right around waist height for easy work while LST'ing them.  All the crap on the left bench in the picture is stuff I saved that I can reuse as I put everything back together.
    IMG_20150422_0751499451.jpg

Instead of removing the whole overhead bed in the nose, I cut it down to the center support running through it, and left half of it, It makes a great shelf and it no longer overhangs the lower shelf in the very nose. My cloner and mother plants will sit on the lower shelf, and the foldout table below the cloner will stay to use as a work bench when and if needed.
    IMG_20150422_075206869_HDR1.jpg

12. A closeup shot of my White Widow, I found the first orange hair on her today on this bud, can't see it in the pic, the hairs came out fuzzy, but the trich's didn't [​IMG]
    IMG_20150422_074905538_HDR1.jpg

13.  NEW GENETICS! One of the highly respected medical growers in my local community has been growing Chocolate Chunk and I was given a nice large plant today, it's about 18" tall already. It's about to big for my plan of keeping all Bonsai moms, but I'll pull some clones, wait for them to root, and choose the nicest of those for a mother, and flower this one out once those are rooted and doing good. She needs a few weeks in a larger pot anyways, and I want to put her in my own organic soil.
    IMG_20150423_1753061091.jpg
    IMG_20150423_1753176022.jpg

14. Just a little update, liked this picture I took of my White Widow at day 39 of 12/12. Going to do some more work on the trailer tomorrow, so might have updated pics of that tomorrow.
    IMG_20150424_072454855.jpg

15. I like all your work and building you do, Definitely not the stereotypical lazy stoner.  :D

16. Lol thanks! I'm more apt to sit around and do nothing if I don't have weed. I'm the type that gets high and wants to do something, anything, but sit there and waste a good high.

17. I started a new job this week, 12 hour days and it's a 45 minute drive each way... so the trailer projects been a bit on standstill. The girls are coming along good though. I think the Incredible Bulk will have more "bulk" than I was thinking it was going to, but not NEAR as much as they say on the website. The guy I got them from quit growing them as well and went to a strain of Cheese. She does have some real frosty nugs, just not huge like I was hoping. I put the other I had into flower Monday, I'll feed her a bit heavier and see if she responds well. Also, looks like she'll be finishing up right at 8 weeks, she's dropping her bottom fan leaves!!!

IMG_20150430_2109091431.jpg IMG_20150430_2107017321.jpg
    IMG_20150430_2110432261.jpg

The White Widow is getting along very nicely. She's packing on the trich's, you can see the heads in some of the pictures pretty clearly with no zoom used. Not only that, I can't even wrap my thumb and pointer finger around these top buds. She still has 3+ weeks to go. Maybe a tiny bit of slight yellowing on the lower fan leaves, but the hairs are still 90% white on most the buds.

IMG_20150430_211324016_HDR1.jpg IMG_20150430_2113311411.jpg IMG_20150430_2112549161.jpg

18. By mid may you will be closer chop time.

19. #39 TravelTrailerGrower, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
    I was planning on chopping the Bulk on around the 10th, and the WW around the 17th. Not set dates, just my guess at this point, although the WW could take even longer. The Bulk is already showing a few amber heads here and there.

20. #40 TravelTrailerGrower, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
     I hope to get more pics up later tonight, although daytime just ended in the flower room, so taking those might have to wait til tomorrow night.

I managed to get the flower room in the new trailer light sealed, ventilated, and ready for my light and plants by the time "daytime" arrived last night, so I went ahead and moved the girls over to the new trailer. Everything looked good this morning in there and I noticed I had a real good draw from the intake "box" and so I deduce my exhaust must be exhausting properly. (The intake box is a light proof box i built with screens on both ends that drops through a cutout in the floor and stops the top inside opening at floor level, while the bottom outside opening is almost at ground level, underneath the camper.)

A lot of the supplies I needed to refurbish the Vegetation area of the new trailer where located in the flower room of the old trailer, so now today's project is to pull that all out and see how far I can get as far as putting together the vegetation area in the new trailer as I have it pictured in my head. I have just a few things I'm not sure about, but I think I see a  couple of really cool ways to recycle the shower stalls from both trailers and the bathtub from the new one. (the old one was just a shower)

My white widow that's on day 48 is starting to look like she might meet my expectations of at least 2 ounces, she's got nothing but rock hard buds growing on her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she goes another 3 weeks instead of 2. This pic is of one of her lowermost side branches, not one of the like 8 main tops.
    IMG_20150503_0531411631.jpg