No friends

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Slilent, Feb 25, 2015.

1. I have no friends
    At the moment out of work till the 10th
    No way to make friends bored
    And have a hard time making simple conversation

2. There is only one thing you can do and I am not going to bullshit like it some easy thing you can do any day or anytime you want, it really not an easy thing but you need to challenge yourself.
    "Try to do things out of your comfort zone", again it wont be easy, but once you do making conversation and making friends wont be as difficult as you may think.

3. Make friends with your dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I have but it award sitting in his room at his parents N my other guy Idk if he's down to chill

5. I've gone through long stretches where it felt like I was totally on my own. Sometimes that's just a facet of life. It's hard when you get out of school and you don't have that peer group you can mesh with on a daily basis. It's even harder when your coworkers are the scum of the earth.

6. You'll get used to it.

7. I realize it's easier said than done, but start associating yourself with people in your surroundings (work, school, clubs). If you're not apart of any teams or organizations, I would strongly encourage you become apart of something you're interested in. There are numerous websites such as Eventbrite where people like you, who have special interests come together. These are great opportunities to make new friends and start getting a feel for social settings. 

It's all about stepping out of your comfort zone and stop stressing about what others may think of you. What do you have to loose anyway? 

Also, you're wrong in saying you have no friends. I believe this community is very welcoming and full of people who are willing to help each other. I mean look at all these blades giving you advice! Good luck, friend!   :wave:

8. force yourself

once you get over yourself its pretty easy

9. I'm a bit of a homebody and loner and I'm thankful for the deep friendships my lifestyle has allowed me to have. Hang in there, you'll develop them. 

10. Go to a university pub or bar and get to a nice state where you can approach people. or maybe people will come to you, who knows lol I'm pretty baked so this idea might not be great like in my mind, it was. 

You can also take up skateboarding, hit up a skatepark ....

or just stay home! good luck man!  :metal:

11. If you're still young then sketchily buying weed from stereotypical stoner-looking people is the easiest way to get an acquaintance.
    After that just make an effort to hang out with the person whenever you can, but not so much as to annoy them, and viola: friend achieved.

12. Wanna be friends?

13. to those saying hang out with your dealer...well maybe he'll be down, but be aware of boundaries, don't be intrusive. when I used to sell bud, there were people I'd sell to who would do just that, they'd come by for a bag and linger for 1-2 hours sometimes. I didn't want to sour the relationship by always saying 'alright, leave now' (well there were times I had something pressing to do so did) but I wouldn't be very engaging because I didn't really want that person to be there. on the flip side though, sometimes I'd be down to kick it, in which case I'd likely be a lot more friendly and that would hopefully be evident. 

anyway I'm mostly a loner too, you either realize you aren't a loner and be more social  or you find other ways to entertain yourself (i.e. hobbies) and sometimes those come with other people. I've found a job/school really helps with our innate craving for contact with other humans, spending all day everyday alone would likely psychologically mess with ANYONE, but throw a job in there a few/most days a week and plenty of people do just that.

in the meantime, I'd say maybe you could find somewhere to volunteer at...it's kinda lame and you may not necessarily make 'friends', but it'll put you around people and help you be more comfortable socializing. and unless you are volunteering doing something terribly awful with people you hate, I promise the time will pass faster than if you were sitting alone online at home...longer term I would look for hobbies and such. another problem with hanging out with your dealer/other stoners is that its entirely centered around buying/smoking weed, so thats always going to be a part of being around this person (at least initially)

14. Yeah, I've lost touch with all of my old friends, and spend most of my time at home out in the country. It doesn't bother me, in fact my main recreation is going camping and hiking by myself out in really remote spots. I don't have much tolerance for being around other people any more.

But I still have family; that's good enough for me.

15. go places, meet people. It's not that hard dude.

16. I'll be your friend. But I have to be Patsy and you can be Eddie 💚

17. I hear ya buddy I live by myself now, it can be lonely at times but I talk to my cat to keep myself sane.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Have any family around ?

19. my closes family is about 5 hours away in the next state

Havent made much progress on the making friends front unless there on Xbox live

20. #20 Backâ‚©oodsShaman, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Aye man get a dog, you will always have a friend. It will get you out of the house to, you can take him for walks, hikes etc.... and take him/her to dog parks and meet other people with dogs, and you can always make small talk about the dogs to get the conversation started... and also women love puppies.. Jus an Idea,hope all goes well PEACE.