Changed mind about diet now joining wife on hers

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MCherrypoppins, Feb 24, 2015.

1. In my previous post I was doing a Swedish founded diet called the 5:2 we'll that sucked it made me feel so tired and sick throughout the whole day. Eating 500 calories made me feel shitty:( so I'm joining my wife on her " all fat anti carb diet" we eat only meat, cheese , eggs , and veggies. ;) and NO sugar which can work for me . Has anyone tried this before ? I would love to hear experience and weight loss.

My starting weight is 60 kilos / 134 lbs and I am 5'2.

*Follow your heart , load the bong , spread the joy because life is short . Don't judge just love*

2. like any carbless diet this one will force you to go into ketosis (google) and you will burn fat (if you really don't eat any sugars).

i would only recommend doing this for a short while, since going entirely without carbs puts your body in an unbalanced state.

3. I recently watched a show on Netflix called forks over knives and after watching that show i changed my whole view on how I ate. I recommend watching that and doing what they say (it sounds extreme at first but by the end you might change your mind) because after just a week I already feel much better.

4. Watch Fed Up

Loosing weight is all in what quality of food you eat. You can do different kinds of not eating carbs or this or that, but if you are eating unhealthy processed meats, cheeses, etc, you're gonna be right where you started. Sugars arent bad for you if they are natural and healthy ones. Too much sure, but having the fiber to match the sugar consumption is perfectly healthy and is what starts the process of repairing and healing your muscles.

5. Cutting out carbs, fat or calories is a bad idea, your body needs them. I find the best way to change your diet is to start incorporating good foods and you will naturally eat less junk. Think 'nature made vs man made'. Find which nuts, grains, fish, fruits and veggies you enjoy and make sure you buy enough where you can indulge. Its better to have 700calories of nuts than 500calories of cookies or fries.

I am glad to hear you are eating fats though, thats very important and pekple cant seem to accept that food fats =\\= body fat... most good fats help you burn fat.

6. Let me also encourage you to check out http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

It gives you nutritional breakdowns of their 100 healthiest foods as well as the research and health benefits. I always find that i am more willing to incorporate mediocre tasting foods if i understand what all good it can do for my body.