Iv got hundreds of Autoflower Seeds Help New to Autos

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GloriousZOMBiE, Feb 24, 2015.

Grow them in solo cups for now. I highly recommend that you do not kill any until you know the sex. It is very common for male plants to be larger and stronger than females. It would really suck to kill off most of your females then end up with mostly male plants, just because some looked stronger. The thing is, you shouldn't be leaving them in the solo cups right into flower. They need way more space than that. At least a 1-2 gallon.

How much space do you have to grow? Is it a space you can get to every day to check on things?

Additional disclaimer: Bud sprayed with colloidal silver can not be smoked or consumed in any way!

3. I actually have plenty space but I can't check my plants everyday because of work, school and location I can't risk making a a trail even though I have multiple routes in there and the plants areas are pretty much surrounded in jaggerbush and snakes and too rough to walk through for the average person lol but I could check probably 2 maybe 3 times a week. I usually only check plants to water/fertilize them, but I could visit more often during the point of time for sexing.

4. Right on, you should do that then. You don't happen to live in Canada do you?

5. No man Appalachia

6. Pennsylvania lol

7. Anybody able to help me out? Im a first time grower and i have the auto purple and silver widow strains but i plan on growing outdoors ?

8. From what I read autos are simple. You cannot super crop or any topping techniques like that to increase yield and you cannot clone and it sounds like they'll grow off just about any light cycle and still produce buds. Sounds easy enough haha, they just need space, light, air and nutrients...

9. What nutrients would i need? Never really grew. I have the space. Just not sure about soil and the nutrients. Never really grew before lol

10. You need to do some research before you attempt to have a successful grow op. Plants need nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sulfur. You have more research to do, I'v grown before just not autos.

11. I seen so many different things when i did research. So i figured id find someone that already grown autos to get advice from.

12. Like I said, from the research I'v done autos are pretty simple, but fragile. My photo-plants took forever to grow, almost 5 months. My autos will take about 2 months and ten days or 10 weeks. So that means you can have 2 grows in a summer with alot of good yield. But if you have read so many different things then pick the best info you can. I'm starting my plants right after the last frost and I'm planting them and letting them go, only thing is ill add fertilizer and water them when they haven't had water.

13. Alright I'll do some research on fertilizer for the autos then just give it a shot

14. The plants will tell you what nutrient deficiencies it has from symptoms so thats what ill dose specifically. But i'v heard good things about Fox Farms soil and many people stand behind it. I just use cheap ass tomato fert but its still good.

15. Probably what I'll use since I'm planting outdoors once frost clears

16. #36 GoldGrower, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015

In that case planting in pots isn't a good idea. Plant them in the ground. Dig out a hole as big as you can and fill with the soil that you going to put in the pots. That way they are less likely to dry out between waterings . In fact depending on the environment of course, you may not need to water at all, I don't 

Just evenly space out all your plants, then cull the males when they show flowers. You may as well leave the runty females in there 

17. #37 unixhelp, Feb 28, 2015
    Two pepper plants in one 3 gal airpot...grew to 6' and yielded a few lbs of peppers, two plants in 5 gal dwc should do great if you train them away from each other and really watch the nutes and ph image.jpg

18. #38 Deleted member 830888, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

The right nutrients handles all of this automatically.  Dyna-Gro does this in one bottle (no part B ).

Wow I want a pepper plant.  I tried growing some red peppers and insects killed the plant.  But this was before I learned more about growing things and now I have neem and SM-90.

19. #39 unixhelp, Feb 28, 2015
    dyna-gro....funny....when I first started growing I researched nutes alot and came to the conclusion dynagro would be the "one"... get in the hydro store and walk out with no DynaGro...just $90 of nutes in shiney bottles...you know...the kind that promises 2lbs a plant and if you use their suppliment your wife might even come back ;)

really gotta goto store for some :(