Iv got hundreds of Autoflower Seeds Help New to Autos

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GloriousZOMBiE, Feb 24, 2015.

1. #1 GloriousZOMBiE, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
    I acquired some Autoflower seeds. Spring is coming and I wanted to plant 2 seeds in a 5 gallon bucket and try to grow 2 autos in a 5 gallon bucket each, is this an ok idea? or should I grow 1 plant per bucket? Help I'm new to autos. And whats was your yields per plant.

2. Someone helpful

3. Because you will need to remove the males (assuming they aren't feminised) you will probably find it easier for each plant to be in its own pot. Why do you want to pot in pairs? I'm not saying it won't work, but in most cases single pots have their advantages

4. 1 plant 1 container. Any decent autos should fill a 5g bucket before harvest.

5. Some dude on the forums mentioned something about only keeping the strongest plant out of the bunch and getting rid of the rest of them. The part I don't understand is how do you take out the dead plants' roots?

6. #6 Groregon, Feb 24, 2015
    I think what they are saying is that you pluck the seedling.  You'll be able to tell in the first week which is stronger.  This is a very common practice in vegetable gardening. 

7. #7 Deleted member 830888, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    That only makes sense assuming you replace the weak plant with a new one as far as I am concerned.....  Cheers.

Edit:  I have a candidate in my backyard.  A Clockwork Black X Blue Dream baby that's been growing for 2 or 3 weeks and it's only barely got one or two nodes other than the primary leaves and 3 inches of height with leaves tiny like its been attacked by fungus gnat larvae.

8. Culling is a pretty common practice in any type or growing. Plant more than you need then kill the runts. Granted it isnt as great of an idea if you are paying a lot for seeds.

9. #9 snoopdog6502, Feb 24, 2015
    dont ever plant a non fem seed in a 5 gallon bucket, thats stupid.

Get some fucking solo cups,

10. Thank you, I wanted to grow 2 per bucket for more yield, but it sounds like nobody thinks its a good idea. I might do the strongest plant thing, and plant 2 and kill the runt but doing solo cups sound better and just choose the best. BTW they are not feminized!!! I got these seeds from a grower that grows autos and he bred 2 different phenos. What should I do about them not all being fem? That means Id need to check them more often because the male autos began to autoflower too? Thanks for the help everyone, I'm planning on having 2 grows this year since I have autoflower.

11. #11 Deleted member 830888, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    Well you can always spray colloidal silver onto female plants and make your own feminized seeds....  It causes the female to grow male pollen sacks and it will pollinate itself with 100% female genetics, causing feminized seed.

***I don't have experience doing this*** but it would seem better to detach those pollen sacks and hand pollinate specific buds so that you can control the pollination and retain as much sensimilla as possible.

Don't ask me when or how to spray it though as I do not know yet.

Disclaimer:  colloidal silver is expensive and will run you $60 USD for a nice bottle of it.  Making the stuff yourself is even more expensive though in the short-term as it requires some kind of generator...

12. Thing is dude, these are the only seeds Iv got and don't have time to make my own seeds. Iv got to work with what iv got, and all I have is a pile of non femmed auto seeds, What do I do about it? DO i have to check my plants constantly to kill any males? or should i grow them in the solo cups till I know the sex? Anyone???

13. #13 killset, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    not sure what you mean by a generator, but all you need is a 9 volt battery with a couple short pieces of wire a some alligator clips. You don't need an expensive generator by no means

You can do it like this. A friend of mine that breeds makes his own in the same manner
    http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-COLLOIDAL-SILVER-Easy/

14. #14 GoldGrower, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015

If you have a ton of seeds you could put 3 plants per pot and about 3 weeks in when the sex shows, pick the best female and cut the other two at the soil line. The roots being left will be fine. this will almost guarantee you with at least 1 female per pot 

Most people pay around £5-10 per seed so wouldn't entertain this idea, but if you have plenty of seeds it's a good way to make sure you have a plant in each pot when you have culled all your males.

Flowers start to show about 3 weeks in, you have about 7-10 days after that before pollen starts to be released

It's fucking scary how much misinformation is out there.  I can't trust anything I read necessarily...

16. no man you just didn't read enough...for every professional way of doing something, one of us hillbilly rednecks have busted out the duct tape and bondo and figured something else out.....

17. Nice thanks man I like your idea! I'm gonna do the 3 seeds per pot and kill the males and runts and keep the best, and I have many autoflower seeds that I got for free so I'm not worried... And nice thats one of the answers I was looking for about the males.

18. I don't plan on breeding, I just want a pound and a half or 2 pound to smoke on till next year. If anyone has any tips or tricks or anything to watch out for on these autos let me know I like advice and things to watch for. Thanks everyone

19. By the way I'm a guerilla grower, and im trying to get 2 grows this summer