Noob needs advise on sick seedlings....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by troy622, Feb 24, 2015.

1. You GOT IT. Make sure you check out the stores too. They might have a better deal than online. With PROMIX, no nutrients really. Just make sure you water the plant. My mentor has always told me keep it simple. When I first started out he drove me to store and told me to get PROMIX. Yes it does work. Sweet and simple in the beginning. Learn how to pinch, crop, and cloning techniques before you do mixes. Get a couple of grows under your belt. Then start experimenting. Experiments never always come out right the first time around. If you need yield. Gradually experiment once you get a couple of grows under your belt. 

Always glad to help. 

2. #22 troy622, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    Greenarrow....

Thanks so much for your insight. I'll go grab some of this and give the Kellogg shit to my wife for her flower beds.

I have a feeling I'll soon be playing "Taps" for these guys but I have another 8 seedlings that are two weeks old and doing good so far. Just kind of a bummer after spending almost 4 weeks on these guys.

The "babies" are in the same mix that the others are but they have had 0 added nutes except a little super thrive when I planted them. They're dark green and looking good (with the exception of a little stretch. (I guess my lights are too far for them but I was worried they were burning the first batch.)

I have the new ones in those little shredded coconut cups (with the woody soil) so should I go ahead and plant the whole thing in the PRO-MIX or should I gently try to get them out of the cups and put them in the Straight PRO-mix? I'll get a pic of them later and pop it up here if it helps.

Then I'll pick up some fish/kelp ferts for later...yes?

3. FUN FACT: Got home today and checked things out....saw a little guy flying around in my tent and it sees I've got some Fungus gnats! Could that be what's causing these symptoms? I did see a few pics that weren't exactly like my leaves but were yellowing/browning/curling.
    Could this have been the problem all along?

4. Bump - cause I'd like to go get some shit from the nursery today - could the whole problem be the gnats?

BTW, still getting new growth which looks ok.

5. Well, i'm not sure if anyone is watching anymore but I thought i'd throw up an update anyhow.

The plants seem to be on the mend, New growth is still emerging and I can see changes daily. New nodes are starting etc...they are also looking a bit more green on the healthy parts of the plants.

So, whoever said "lock out" was more than likely on point. so I'm glad I went back and did a light feed after being advised to flush at first. these opinions were coming from here and another source so if things don't completely add up based on whats here it's because i had other opinions form somewhere else.

Anyhow, I know that this soil is a problem and so i went down and got a bag of pro-mix and once they're strong I'll get them out of this shit and into the better soil. I also got 5-1-1 fish fert too since it's a little milder than the other stuff and not going to fry these guys.

As far as the bugs go, I'm seeing them jumping around from time to time....usually when I'm spraying or watering. I put some potatoes on the soil last night for about 5 hours and nothing showed up. I bought some neem oil so I'll spray and kill the adults and keep watching for larva. when I flushed these guys could i have mixed up the soil enough to bring the larva down to the lower parts of the pot and that's why I'm not getting them on the taters? Would it be best to treat the soil anyhow as a precaution?

Id like to hear any constructive comments anyone wishes to share.

Thanks!

6. Bump - anyone?

7. Their should be no need to feed a seedling that small when you have good soil.

8. Yeah, we have establish it's shit soil...anyone else?

9. Just tap water for the first couple weeks. Super thrive is only good for Christmas trees throw that crap away. Every time I have used it it's always screwed my plants up. Hope your luck is better with that product then mine.

10. uploadfromtaptalk1427064264031.jpg roots organic green lite soil and tap water nothing else

11. Nice Jcbudgod!

Well, I've been meaning to post back but I've wanted to get a few pics and haven't gotten around to it.

The plants completely on the mend and thriving. two weeks ago a took them out of the shit soil and put them into Pro-mix and Viola! Within a week they were all greened up and they're now spanning the tops of the pots and producing about 2 nodes a week. just water is all they've been getting. Yesterday I gave them their first little bit of nutes - half dose of fish ferts with a little calmag. They're looking good! I'll get some pics tonight and post them up.

12. So here are a few pics...the bigger ones are 2 weeks in the new soil...the other three are one week in.

Attached Files: