Yellowing dying fan leaves. Week 1 flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Noxide, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Hi guys, This will be my 3rd DWC grow. Ever since i switch to DWC ive had sub-par results. My last grow was my first time with SCROG and was by far the largest ive ever harvested, but was plagued with deficiencies and the potency was terrible.  

HYDRO GROW

Strain - Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough
    # of Plants - 1
    Grow Type - Hydro / Scrog
    Grow Stage - Flower
    Setup - DWC
    Light - 600 Watt HPS
    Nutrients - General Hydronponics Lucas Formula
    Medium - Rockwool
    PPM - 900
    PH - 5.7
    RH - Not sure
    Room Temperature - 68-73
    Solution Temperature -68 to 72
    Room Square Footage - 8
    Pests - None Known

So I really want to make sure this grow goes better. But already I see all my fan leaves taking a crap as soon as I switch the lights to 12/12. I just switch the lights 2 days ago, and immediately something is happening. Please take a look at my pics and tell me what you guys think. You can give me opinions on my setups also. I typically use 5 Gal buckets, but this time I went to a larger tub.

Also would it be better to do a scrog with 1 plant or multiple plants?

Can I share a tub this size with other plants? 

One big plant? or Multiple smaller plants? 

Thank you guys.

Attached Files:

2. Your plant looks just like mine did a couple of weeks ago. I was told by some folks on here it was nute burn. You can check out my pictures and see . I let them go about 1 1/2 weeks no nutes and 3 have recovered I have one that's ok. I was growing in soil tho. That is gonna b a big bitch. Good luck

3. Easy to say nute burn, but as you just switched to bud, the plants have no need for (N) any more, just like in fall they loose their fan leaves, look to the Canadian flag for confidence, tho I'm concerned about you hi rez temps, also double check your tds meter, often many growers mis use them

4. Thanks guys. My roots were starting to look bad a couple weeks ago, probably due to high temps. I have to switch out a frozen water bottle to keep the temps down. I used some hydroguard its really helped alot. 

My PPMs have been rising daily, adding plan PH'd water just to keep the PPMs down in fear it was nute burn. But its alot more than the tips that are looking bad. 

5. Hey noxide I have a question for you, you said you've had pretty much par results at best. This whole time have you used the same nutrients or have you tried other brands? If the same brand maybe something to think about or justify easy on nutes at first and if they are drinking more than what you put in then add more for a little higher ppm until you get to the point where she is drinking the same amount. Say in the morning you give her 500ppm next day you need to replenish about 1/2 a gallon but before you do you check and it's at 650ppm that means she drank more water than nutes and vise versa, but when you get to the point and the number stays the same BINGO that's you're desired nutrient strength at that time. Let your girls tell you how hungry they are not a label. Hope this helps prevent the burn in the future.

G

6. Thanks jras ill pay more attention to that. Ive been using the same nutes, but this is the first ive done the lucas formula. Ive always used PPMs based on paper.

7. I got carried away on pruning today and i think i took off too much. ALSO, this plant doesnt drink very much water. This is my first time using a tub, which holds almost 10 gals, but when I was using a 5gal bucket, it seems like if i missed a day the bucket would be empty. Right now I can go a good 2-3 days without a noticable change in water level. Take a look.

Attached Files: