MJCanuck First Time Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MJCanuck, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Hard to see man.. could it be a pistol?

2. That is exactly what it looks like to me too laztjitter, except my plants are still in veg cycle...should I be concerned?

3. I would not be concerned, normal. I would flip the lights to 12/12 and start flowering. They will get much bigger. 2.5 to 3 times bigger.
    They look great! Keep it up.

4. it happens man. I just flipped mine a week ago and she was shpwing me pistols about 2 weeks before i decided to flip.

5. Awesome, that is great news. So Hydro, you know the other issues I was having and is now clearing up nicely, well what should I do about nutes as I have them in mostly water now. I am using the 321 formula so according to that I should be starting flower with 2 2 2 formula. Should I do that and if so what kind of ppm should I start the flower at? Thanks Hydro!

6. Thanks laztjitter, as a new grower every thing I see freaks me out so it is good to hear something is normal....thanks for chiming in!

7. its no problem man. I was the same way on my first grow. Since my first one ive kinda learned to just leavw it alone and let it grow. Though i still check my ppm and ph every day twice a day...

As for what you asked hydro, honestly man i would start off at 1/4-1/2 strength nutes. Then work my way up from there.

8. I hear ya, I am sure my second grow will be a hell of a lot easier on the nerves!!

Thanks for the advice on the nutes. I am going to change the nutes set to flower today....and get ready for more nerve racking scenarios! This might sound like a dumb question, but does it matter how you set them to flower? For example my plants right now are off from midnight till 6 am, and I want to run the flower from 9 am - 9 pm. So should I let them go till midnight tonite and then change the cycle or can I set them to go off at 9 pm today and on again tomorrow at 9 am and go from there? Just curious if it makes a difference.

9. Your right. Your second grow will be much easier. Thoigh you sill still feel the need to check on the often. I still find myself sitting in there with my plants smoking one watching them grow.
    But as for your question, no it doesnt matter on your hours. Its which ever works best for you really. If you have hot days running at night helps the temps stay down... but no there is no problem with shutting them off tonight at 9 and back on at 9in the morning...

10. I never use nutes at full strength.
    Usually between 1/8 to1/4 to 1/2 max of what they recommend per gallon.
    Since you're starting the transition to flowering and plants are still recovering, I would take it easy and mix the 2.2.2 lightly. I usually mix fresh nutes every 7 days.
    I also like to rotate and shift them every few days.
    I would just keep the environment in check and their needs met & let them grow.
    The feeding after this, I would mix lil more flora lil less gro.

11. Excellent...thanks Hydro!

12. They will be fine 👍

13. Yep..much time spent "relaxing" with the girls...when people say something is like watching grass grow....I know what they mean :D

14. I think your going to do fine man. The biggest rule ive learned is leave it the f alone. If it isnt broke dont fix it lol.

15. Hey everyone, thought I would post an update! I started them flowering yesterday and here is what they are looking like.

View attachment 152914

They leaves are looking pretty good, although White Widows look so much better. The tall one in the right corner is the runaway Purple Kush, as you can see it is about twice the height of all the others. She measures in at 24" tall while the rest are 12 -14", still don't know why. I have never seen these two strains live before and was wondering if the leaf color is because of strain or nutrient issues. The Purple Kush have always been a lot lighter green. Just curious. Still a bit of leaf curling on the Purple Kush, but getting better. Hope they stay on track! One minor issue was my heater cut out and the room got down to 59 F, hopefully won't cause trouble. It's supposed to be -30 F tonight so it better not cut out this time. 

16. Just for shits and giggles, here they are 4 weeks ago. See even then the PK leaves are way lighter, and look at the left corner and see the taller one...even then she was taller than the rest.

View attachment 152752

17. Looking good man.. here in a few weeks youll have some nice buds forming.

18. Hoping so with fingers crossed!!

19. I have a widow 11 days in 12/12

20. Awesome! How big is she? How long did she veg? Pics?