4 weeks into flowering pics first grow, advice welcome

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganjela, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Hello!! This is my first attempt at growing! I used bagseeds and currently have 4 female plants. I am now about a month into flowering my babies and I think they are looking good. I ran into a few nutrient issues about a week ago but I think that I have solved the issues now with just a few purple leaves to show for it. I am using a 400 watt HPS light in my grow tent as of now, growing in 3 gallon smart pots. I used 400 watt MH for veg which lasted for about 2 months from seedling. For soil, I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest. During veg for nutrients I used Earth Juice Grow just towards the end of veg as the soil was sufficent. For flowering, I am using Tiger Bloom with added Black Strap Molasses. If anyone could provide any opinions/advice I would greatly appreciate it!! Like I said this is my first grow, so any help would be great. I tried to give as much info as possible, sorry so long!

Attached Files:

2. Looking good to me

What are your questions?

Just looking for any extra tips to keep them happy, and any opinions to see if they look like they on the right track.
    Also, and tips and shit about how to know when to harvest and about drying and curing would be sweet

4. Looking good, say you have around a month before harvest. You will want to look at the hairs and the trics, the hairs should be mostly red/orange, and using a good scope to look at the trics they should be 50% amber and 50% cloudy for a middle of the line high, if you harvest when there more clear its more head high and if you harvest when more amber your gonna be sitting on the couch a while. Just remember you gain most of your final weight in the last few weeks, harvest too early and you get small shitty popcorn, you want real dense thick buds that are going to dry and amount to something.

5. Is there such thing as waiting too long before harvesting??

6. Yes they degrade and I think the trichomes pop that's what I read some where,
    Some advise would be to be carefull if you moving your plants in and out your house as you could infest your tent or room with bugs, also you could drop it, I've done that haha
    But yeah they look good, well done for your first grow,

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

7. This however I heard that THC begins to degrade (or upgrade haha) to CBD's which wont get you high but does wonder for medical benefits.

8. as you can see some of my leaves have turned purple from various things, some phosphorous deficiency, some plants had low Temps at night. I know purple weed is genetics mostly, but if my plants continued to habe low Temps at night would they have purple weed? I'm assuming this may have effect on yield also

9. Also, when would be a good time to stop feeding nutes and when to flush before harvesting?

10. I flush the last two weeks of flower

11. hey could, it all depends on what's genetically available within the plants DNA. Some can purple, some can't. I grew some GDP this last grow and the purple showed up around week 6 of flowering. None of the leaves though, but some purple ass buds. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425335518.595572.jpg

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

12. If there bagseed then the only way they get purple is if they came from a strain with purple genetics which is unlikely since bud like that is usually high dollar and seedless. Ive seen some plants get a purple to them when in really cold temps but just like ice water hash cold will make the trics brittle and the wind will knock them off and make it hay, trust me had a plant I forgot about and when I harvested it, it had been through 2-3 heavy frost but it looked okay only a little purple hue to it. The buds looked like someone had iso washed them, looked great but no crystals.