Mars 1600 LED, 5x5 tent, 4 plants

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by A guy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Argh...I cracked a secondary, but large, branch while watering the morning.  I tapped it up but I kinda doubt it'll heal.  It broke right at the joint with the main stem.  Frowny face.

In other news, I flipped to flower.  Very excited about this next stage.

2. Guy have you flipped to 12 - 12 yet (flower cycle)?

3. Yep, just this morning.  I think it's going to fill in nicely, even if the one broken branch doesn't heal ^.  I'm watering more and they're drinking it up nicely.  I think I could have shaved off 3 weeks of veg by watering more thoroughly each watering but at least I haven't had overwatering issues.

4. Shitty man. Hopefully she bounces back. I've seen some pretty bad looking plants bounce back so you never know.

I can't wait to see how everything goes in flower. :D

5. Take that broken branch and litely wrap it with some duct tape and splint it with some popcicle stick pieces it with heal in a big lump 
    I have broken branches almost off and repair them like this.
    Its a Hardy Plant it is amazing the abuse they take

6. Yeah it'll be fine. I split plants I top vertically down the main stem. Makes huge knots.

7. Damn, I wish I had my own place.[​IMG]

8. I've used 3M insulating wrap.     But as mentioned, any wrap will do.     I broke one while LSTing and thought no way, but it survived and is doing well.    Amazing plants.

9. Happy 420 eveyone.

10. That will work
    I have used electrical tape scotch tape and masking tape
    So any tape will do
    The knots that form where the breaks occurred are very cool looking indeed

420 Happy over here.......

11. #131 A guy, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    Day 2 of Flower (so stoked to start an update with that).

The girls are filling in the screen nicely.  Seems like almost everyday since I put the screen in, I've had to tuck and scoot some branch or two.  The broken branch shows no sign of problems.  I just watered and fed them and I gave them a 1/2-1/4 dose of Jamacain Bat guano in addition to their regualar food.  I still need/want to get some bloom food but that shit's spendy!  Going to bite the bullet soon.

The plant outside seems great.  It's been insanely nice weather out here.  Lows around 35, hights close to 80.  It's a bit of an experiment, I'll just be happy if it grows into a big beautiful bush.

Also, the light schedule is set so I can check before work, during lunch, and after work.  Much better than the way I had the 18/6 before.

Attached Files:

12. I took this black and white pic this morning.  Looks much better than the crazy purple, in my opinion.

Attached Files:

13. Looking great! I've wanted to try a scrog. I'm just worried that it'll make watering and moving the plants much more difficult. I'm using sip tray and like to rotate the plants and make sure there's no roots going down in the perlite on the tray. That's why I've been doing LST and topping.

Has the screen gotten in your way much at all? Or has it been easy to work around?

14. Thanks man, I'm really happy about the way things are going.

The scrog has been in my way less than I was expecting.  The screen is about 3' above the floor so there is enough room to get my 2 gallon watering can under it.  While the frame does take up nearly all of the 5x5 space, the walls are flexible enough to where I can open the side windows and fit the can between the frame and walls to water the back two.  I think plant movement isn't a possibility with scrogs.  One of the plants could have been further away from center but I think it's too late to move now, and not important for my setup anyway.  Only time will tell but I think I'll use this scrog next run as well.

15. That's great to know.     That was one of my concerns also. 

16. Just some pics of the lady's genitals that I just took with my nice camera and adjusted the colors to varying degrees.  All are showing their white hairs or pistols.  I couldn't be happier about how things are going.

Attached Files:

17. looking frickin AWESOME bro!!!

18. I'm going to be honest with everybody, I'm a little a overwhelmed by the number of apparent bud sites...at and above the screen.  White hairs are coming into effect in a pretty big way.

I've been fantasizing about hanging 4' 2 tube T8 fixtures around the edges, shining inward/down in order to feed the outer buds.  I can buy the fixtures (no bulbs) for $10 at Walmart, which sure seems a lot more approachable than the $50 single 4' T5 tube/reflector combos I can buy.

Do you guys think I'm getting a little out of hand with this?  It just seems like the LED doesn't really supply the outer 1/2 foot of the tent with intense enough light.

19. Raise the LED up or add another one?     They look GREAT!   

20. the t5's are a lot more efficient