Mars 1600 LED, 5x5 tent, 4 plants

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by A guy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Don't know why they're sideways, shows as upright on my computer. [​IMG]

2. Looking good 😆

3. nice grow!

you, v_rude and I seem to be in about the same place with our grows. I'm learning a lot on GC, both threads are subbed [​IMG]

Cool, I'll be sure to check yours out.  It's super exciting when things go well.

5. Day 25 (since popped from soil)

They're still loving their new digs.  I left the light where it was at which after transplanting to bigger pots, which put them at about 24" from the light.  I noticed the leaves on the c99s curling, probably from being too close to the light so I raised it a few inches.  Also, I noticed that they've been on like a 21.5/2.5 schedule for the last few weeks so I adjusted that back to 18/6.  I forgot why I had changed that in the first place.

Still pretty short and compact but they're starting to stretch out a bit.  Hopefully they relax with the extra time off and higher light.  I'm in no real rush so I'll just keep em healthy and growing though I am looking forward to them blowing up.  I plan to top them once or twice (with the sativas at least) and LST...which I'll be reading up on more in the coming days.

Attached Files:

6. #46 A guy, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Am I crazy or are these ladies growing slow?  I do see how everyone seems to give their veg start date at different times, I'm just putting mine in terms of when it popped from the soil.

It just seems like other grows of the same strains at the same time have branches that reach out  with bigger leaves and mine are all leaves on super short branches.  Wonder if it's because the light is so close?

7. They seem healthy. How is the temperature in the room at day/night time?

Highs of ~82 and lows of ~72

It's set up on a thermostat to control heating via a small radiator heater near a oscillating fan and cooling via inline fan bringing in filtered air.  Monitored with a data collector that shows me a week's worth of highs and lows.

9. look good to me, next 25 days they'll go crazy!  sounds like you have all the right ingredients, soil, light, etc.

remind me, what lights are you using on the new plants at this stage, and what distance from the plant?

10. I've been using the Mars II 1600 since seed, it's at around 28" right now.  I may add a 4' T5 tube on each side and a high power cfl in the center during flower to fuel the lower buds.

that's a nice light! I'm always curious what distances everyone is using for different phase of the plant's life. now I know why I burnt my new blue dream spouts, had the led at like 10", granted only a 180w led, but it was a problem. I went ahead and switched to 4 low watt CFLs in my "nursery". I'll put the 180w led back in, but much higher, just as soon as my 2 300w Mars I leds arrive today :)

BTW, I updated my photo album with pics of the two stunted Hemlocks that are into week 2 of 12/12 and looking nice! :)

I thinks I need to prune some of the bigger fan leafs, but I'm more of a let it do it naturally type, so it won't be many and they'll have to be really showing weakness before I do [​IMG]

12. Guy
    What light setting are you using on the 1600
    The veg only or both full bloom ?
    Just wondering if that is just the veg/setting on the light
    Thanks

13. Both veg and bloom are on.  I think next run I'll just use the veg setting for the first month or so of veg.

14. OK thanks I thought it looked pretty red for it just being veg/side only
    thanks

15. Looking nice and healthy mate , growing leagally aswell well in

16. Curling not from the light. It would just bleach it.
    Looks good.
    You def wanna be using the t5's if you have them.
    For veg too with blue ones.
    Makes a big difference.

What do you think the curling would be from then?

Many places suggest that it's heat stress from light.
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/serrated-edges-curling-up

I don't have t5's but considering buying 4 4' singles to have for side lighting during flower.

18. Outstanding buddy, subbed in..btw im 10 days ahead on my project..wish i had that space lol
    looks really good..following along the best i can :)

19. Day 31 (since popped from soil)

They look great! Still more compact than I would have guessed (or hoped) but they look super happy.  I'm going to top them once their newest growth gets high enough to fit some snippers under.  I planted a Lemon Kush seed that I'll veg until it's warm enough outside to plant.  Usually around Mother's Day where I live.

Sorry about the insane purple light, getting white light in there has been low on the totem pole.

Attached Files: