Mars 1600 LED, 5x5 tent, 4 plants

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by A guy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Much love and positive vibes sent out for ya plants brother

2. Yeah I never quite understood those schedules.
    How does it cover every plant when plants can have different requirements?
    Dont know. Not an expert.

I think you can't really follow those schedules to a T.  I'm treating it as just a rough guideline but my MO is going to me baby steps, gradual changes, and listen to the plant.

4. #24 A guy, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Day 7 (from popping out of soil) update:

She's looking good Vern!  But really, they seem happy and healthy.  I forgot to turn off the bloom lights for the picture so they're pretty purple.

They seem a bit on the slow grow compared to others that I've seen at the same day age.

Attached Files:

5. Looking great so far. I've been doing a lot of reading about whether I'd like to add leds to the grow. With the journals I'm seeing around here, it's a definite yes.

I'm subbed in here too to watch a long the way.

6. Day 10

Minor update.  They're getting more leaves.  Over the weekend I got the humidity closer to where I want it (~40% vs the 10's), finally.  I'm still surprised at how short they are.  Do you think I should raise the light even more?  It's around 33" above the little ladies.

Attached Files:

7. Yes you should be moving it closer remember?

As for short, I think you're experiencing the awesome tight node spacing of the mars.

8. They look perfect to me. I'd move it to 26-30". Just keep bringing it in.

9. Ya, I've dropped it about 3" in the last few days.  I just wasn't sure if I was oppressing them with light or just getting knarly tight node spacing.  I'm thinking the latter but we'll see.  I'll drop it a little more this week after those new leaves open up.  They're also starting to noticeably drink water now.  Thx.

10. Just a matter of time before they are happy with their root structure and focus on growing new nodes, tops and fan sets!! :metal: :metal:

11. Subbed, happy growing for all

12. Day 12 since popped from soil

Minor update.  They're starting to get a little height.  I can finally see the stalk on one of them!  All seems well, I need to get a couple of white lights in there for photos and inspection.  Nev Haze is the smallest but looks healthy.

Attached Files:

Looking good !

before you know it they are gonna be huge!

14. Hey I'm glad I found this grow. Looking good. I'm doing a similar tent and LED setup and would like to follow along. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Day 19, droopy update.

I was gone for a few days, watered them well before leaving, wife was set to water them a couple days after I left.  She said they were droopy and soil was bone dry so she watered.  I saw the same when I returned the next evening (yesterday) so watered some more.  I hope they spring back quickly, it looks like they were trying for a growth spurt and ran out of water.

I've been assembling the soil for their transplant into 7 gallon geopots as soon as the girls are in good health.  So far I have:

3 cu feet of Dr Earth Pot o' Gold potting soil *ingredients below.
    20lbs of EWC from a local worm farm
    ~8 quarts of perlite
    Greensand @ the label recommended rate
    Brick of coir (soaked and rinsed)

On order are:
    Bat guano
    Azomite rock dust

*Formulated from a fine selection of composted organic materials. We only use: Forest Humus, Fir Bark, Peat Moss, Pumice, Earthworm Casting, Kelp Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, MicroActive™ Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera, Yucca Extract, Oyster Shell & Dolomite Limes. We have also included ProBiotic® beneficial soil Microbes plus both Ecto and Endo Mycorrhizae.

Attached Files:

16. Subbed up!

I've been growing with CFLs for awhile and am going to make the change to LED soon enough, I've seen some great results from Led grows. Yours is looking great so far! Can't wait to see it finished.

Good luck to you man!

17. Day 20:  Transplant day

I felt like I should have done it sooner and judging by the roots, I should have.  I finally had time to mix all my soil ingredients up today and bada-bing, transplanted.  Roots look healthy to me, as far as I can tell.  Also, they're starting to smell like cannabis.

Attached Files:

18. Looks like u TP'd at the perfect time!

19. The girls are happier in their new homes than the little pots. So stoked!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426303105.148842.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

20. Day 23:

I can't believe how much they're liking their new digs.  Only been 3 days since transplant and their are loving it!  So stoked!

Attached Files: