Mars 1600 LED, 5x5 tent, 4 plants

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by A guy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. That's so awesome, truly the coolest thing I've heard all day

2. yeah me too,this is cool [​IMG]

3. Sad news. I was doing some branch support on the big girl outside when 10 minutes later I heard a crack and the top 1/3 fell over. I screwed up and supported lower branchs by hanging them off the main trunk up higher. Really I screwed up by not setting up a big cage for the whole thing early on. Lesson learned, I really didn't think it'd get anywhere near this large. So a buddy helped support the top while I gorilla taped it back into position. Going to hammer in some taller Tbars to support the top but not sure if it'll survive wind and whatnot.

Here's a pic of happier times, yesterday right before it fell over.

Attached Files:

• tree.JPG
      tree.JPG
      File size:
      221.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Haaaaa nice pic, tough love with that top though, watch it grow up happier than ever!!! You just need a big ass pole next to the main and hold it all up to that

5. Sad News
    But hey i have snapped plants they healed and came back great

6. still have hope so right? stiggy[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Sara
    In Today's World
    All we have is Hope
    Thank The Lord (God) for People let Us here on Grass City.

8. Thought I'd throw up a few pics of the lady in green outside. The lemon kush is really starting to produce trichomes. The buds are going to be insanely thick the way it's shaping up. Probably over 30 big main colas and then untold numbers of other budded branches. Crazy time.

Attached Files:

9. damn man the next big crack is gonna be you back from carrying around those monster colas when it's done

10. Ha! So true. Now that it's legal here in Oregon, I'm going to have a lot more help with the harvest and processing.

11. Just wandering bout how hot your tent got. Did you have to run a exsaust with a fan in it?

12. I kept it at highs of ~82 and lows of ~72. I had an 8", 400 cfm, exhaust fan running 24/7. I actually had to run a heater during lights off in the winter as the tent is in an unheated/non-ac basement. The heater was triggered by a thermostat.

I've had a monster cannabis bush outside all summer in 90-100+ and it loves it. I think the main thing you need to focus on is fresh air, humidity, and temps at the plant tops from radiant heat.

13. yes so true Stiggy, GC is a great place for us all, help and get help lovely community[​IMG]
    great news[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. I think I'm going to be harvesting the big girl outside this weekend and subsequent days. Some parts are getting amber trichs while others are cloudy/clear. Half the bush has dark green foliage while the other half is turning light green. Weird.

Here are some pics...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      309.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      444.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      470.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      731.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      409.7 KB
      Views:
  15. I know some like a more heady high with the milky rather than amber trichs, but I would wait a bit longer a week perhaps... They look awesome for sure!! Seems like they can still fatten up some more though... I'm riding mine to the end of Oct., unless there arises a need for an earlier harvest.

~GHG

16. Ya, they can definitely fatten up a good bit more but I do prefer a much more light, creative, energetic kind of high. I also have a short window to harvest (having kids and all) and this weekend is it. This isn't about weight for me anyway. I'll give a lot of this harvest away and still have plenty for me. And I'll be starting a new run of 4 plants indoors soon too. Some of them are pretty amber though so I think it may be time regardless...at least for half of the bush.

17. After looking at a few more of your closeups... there are several amber and to be honest I like them a little early myself. I wish mine were where yours are right now! Looking forward to seeing your new projects...

18. Well, I planted this girl (as a 4 leaf start) outside in mid April so she's had plenty of time to do her thing. I actually had to protect her from a couple of frosts but she's tough as nails. I definitely recommend this Lemon Kush from Female Seeds Co. When I grew her indoors she was the toughest, most easy going plant of the bunch too. Also, of the three strains I grew indoors, this is most people's favorite so far.

19. Good to know... I need to make some seed choices soon... So many to chose from! lol!

20. Thanks! I appreciate the visit as well. I absolutely love it in the backyard! I didn't put the wall in, but I did the rest of the work one wheelbarrow of dirt at a time... We spend a lot of time out here in the summer - it's basically my living room until fall! lol!!

I have some indoor stuff as well if you're bored ... HPS/T5/Platinum LED grows...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/13...