Mars 1600 LED, 5x5 tent, 4 plants

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by A guy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Harvest

Didn't take many photos but here they are. It took all day, 2 of us for half then we got an additional 2 helpers for the second half. I'm very happy with the results and a little overwhelmed with the quantities to be honest.

C99. Cleaned up what I had cut and hung last weekend and jarred it with the hydration packs. The rest took forever to trim. Those are the lowest 3 trays in the hanging thing.

Lemon Kush. Was a little disappointment in the buds. They looked great but I think the upper leaves really hurt the mids ability to develop. The leaves being so much wider than the C99 and Nev Haze. These are the middle two trays.

Nev Haze. Turned out so much better than I was expecting. Mids and lowers were dense frosty nugs. Very easy to trim, great harvest. Top three trays.

Attached Files:

2. awesome! congratulations! Everything looking great! Did you only feed it water?

3. Thanks. No, I gave them nutes from Roots Organic (buddha bloom and grow) as well as some SSTs, humic acid, and calmag. Only water for the last few weeks though.

Was a long haul. Next run will be smaller and more manageable, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Did you get a final dry weight off the 4 plants

5. No, the jarred bud was the only thing dry that day and we didn't weigh it. Everything in the rack was trimmed wet. I don't know if I'll bother to weigh it but if I do I guess it'll be after cure.

There are a couple 5 gallon bags of trim in the freezer too. We were pretty liberal with our trimming (most of us were anyway) and a lot of the small buds went to the trim pile. I still need to decide what to do with that. Was going to shake kief out of it for tincture then the vegetable material for coconut oil or something.

6. #226 STIGGY, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    Guy
    Sara from Mars Hydro is looking for input over in their forum
    I believe you ran full spectrum (both switches on ) Correct?

Here is her question
    need help my friends here.

Anyone who has experience on using veg and standard spectrum, please welcome to share your opinions on Veg VS standard:For the light, does using only the veg spectrum before you switch to bloom delay growth? Or is it better to vegetate with full spectrum?

Thank you all for your help in advance, much appreciated.

7. Thanks for the heads up, looks like they got a number of opinions in there. I know my next run, I might try vegging with just the veg light. Just for cost savings.

8. Here's the final haul. 20 quart jars of bud (average filled 85%). I never weighed it. It'll last me forever and will be Christmas and birthday gifts. Going to process all the trim, 4-5 gallons, in a month.

Here's the final haul. 20 quart jars of bud (average filled 85%). I never weighed it. It'll last me forever and will be Christmas and birthday gifts. Going to process all the trim, 4-5 gallons, in a month.
    IMG_0659.JPG

9. Using it in Veg only works great so far

10. I would say at least 20zs Not Bad at all NICE

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have used the larger 1/2 gal mason jars and they hold appro 2ozs not jammed to the top
    sometimes I have had 3 ozs in them too so I say at least.

12. Cool, so you think I broke a pound? I guess it makes sense. The next run I'll veg them for a shorter period and do more training, I think. It got kinda out of hand in there toward the end and the harvest was ridiculous compared to what I need. This time I'm going to focus more on quality than quantity, even though my last effort yielded some serious frostiness as well.

13. How did the bud come out
    Dense or fluffy I betting dense

14. good job on that 20 jar haul..next one will be insaner lol

15. I finally smoked some on Friday. Ground up a couple of buds and rolled a J. They are mostly fluffy, compared to what I've purchased at rec shops. Amazing for rolling and nobody coughed, so very smooth. This was C99, I haven't tried the Lemon Kush or Nev Haze yet.

16. Was it all head high or did it have a nice body too

17. I guess I'd call it a real easy going chatty head high then feeling kinda lazy and mellow. Didn't hit like a ton of bricks, just kinda eased in then all the sudden we were like, damn...this is nice. Was also drinking gin and tonics so that changed things. In a few weeks I have an annual brothers getaway where I'll really be able to dig into it and see what they're all about. Will also have a bong and a vaporizer there so will get to see all sides of each kind of herb.

18. How much you notice your bill go up with the 1600? Deciding between that or 1000w hps

19. In the beginning I was torn between 1000w HID and the Mars 1600 too. Because the 1600 draws around 740w, it uses 3/4 of what the 1000w uses so there isn't much savings there. I ended up with the Mars because of the savings with not having to run AC or need expensive fans and not having to replace bulbs. My whole setup (light, heater, fans) cost me around $60 per month of extra electricity. Next round, I'm going to veg with just the veg switch, which I expect will save me around $20-$30 for the one month of veg. I have cheap power so I suggest you see for yourself how much it'd cost. Take last month's power bill and divide the total $ by the total kw or watts used. That'll give you your $/watt, making sure you mind your decimals. Then...

$/watt x (light draw) x hours used per month = cost of running the thing.

20. they look very great A, strong and healthy, love the frosty beauty there in the second shot.[​IMG]happy growing[​IMG]