Mars 1600 LED, 5x5 tent, 4 plants

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by A guy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Misting with the lights on with the Mars is fine. It will not burn it.
    Start it 36" away and slowly bring it in over the next two weeks. To like 18". 
    Just found this
    I remember reading in beginning of thread you raised the lights
    Did you go higher than the 24" or stick with that
    Thanks Much

2. #182 A guy, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    I do believe that I had leaf burning under this light from water.  I never misted these ladies but when I was sloppy in watering and left drops, they created holes...even just water.  They've been under this light from day 1.

Ya, I burnt them when they were tiny at 18" away and ended up keeping them around 24".  Right now the light is as high as it can go but I haven't measured it.  I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow.

Next run I think I'm going to use just the veg switch for the first few weeks to a month after they pop.  Unless they don't respond well to that.  Will save me around $30 in electricity for the month as well.

3. Thank You
    Just what I was looking for

4. I bought some welding safety glasses in an attempt to better see the plants.  They are "shade 3" glasses with green lenses...kinda like the ones made by Method Seven but that cost about $60 less.  I put my cell phone camera up to them and took some pics, it works ok but looks better when you're wearing them.

I definitely recommend them if you have an LED light similar to mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S3207-Infra-Dura-Ultra-Dura-Hardcoat/dp/B000RMFEY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431443830&sr=8-1&keywords=shade+3+safety+glasses

Attached Files:

5. I spray mine under the lights. Not one prob. I've also had buds at 6" away with zero prob. Just sayin.
    this was my quote.

6. #186 A guy, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    Day 27 of flower

Thought I'd freshen up the journal with a couple of pics.  The frostiness is coming on very nicely and I'm very happy about it.

Attached Files:

7. day 56 one is really close the other one is bigger and taking a little longer..the top cola is rock hard leaves are taking a shit scoped it
    still cloudy and clears

8. Looking beautiful bro. I'd love to see a full canopy shot next time you snap a few pics.

9. Day 31 of flower

About half way there.  All is well, I just keep giving them food then water.  Temps and RH are all good.

I bought a lens kit that clips on to cell phones.  This allowed me to do macro, for trichs, and wide angle to better get the whole tent in view.

Attached Files:

10. I wanna do a grow almost identical to this in the fall. Not sure bout the scrog though. What are you using for nutes?

11. Day 34 of flower

All is well, just thought I'd feature Miss May in this issue.  She's the thickest and juiciest of the bunch.

Sometimes I just want to bite these buds.  Some serious pineapple scents coming off of the c99.

Attached Files:

12. #192 A guy, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    Day 44 of flower

Sorry, no pics.  Not really much to show that's new.  Weekend before last I missed a watering cycle (no water for ~3 days).  They were hit pretty hard by that and are only now really recovering but they're doing well otherwise.  I hung some of the branches up that were laying down from the heft of buds or weakness of branches.  My hands smell so amazing after messing with the buds.  I even washed them aftwards so I don't smell like amazing ganga but I still do.  Such a tropical / pineappley smell, it literally makes my mouth water.  This whole grow I've tended to underwater the plants and I think the overall haul will suffer because of it.  Next run I'll keep them a little bit more moist.  I think between the soil mixture I have and the geopots, they need water almost everyday (instead of every other day) from mid grow on.

The outdoor Lemon Kush is a crazy big bush that clearly is going to become a tree.  Will probably be my height in a couple of weeks.  I bought some ladybugs and put them on around the garden and they've stuck around and like the cannabis plant.  I'll receive some lacewing eggs soon to do more bug war.  Haven't really had a problem but just trying to keep it that way.  All the other plants should benifit as well.

13. Hey what's up?
    Yeah you nailed it. Water.
    You got coco. You gotta water it so it runs out pretty good. Elevated. I think you needed more water in the middle of the grow. You're hesitation before the trays made you water two gallons every other day. You should have done at least a gallon a day or more at some point to the end.
    But you're almost there! Be smokin good high grade.

14. #194 A guy, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    It's true about the importance of water.  It may have been you that told me that early on in the grow but it comes back as the single most important thing so far.  There is coco in the soil mix I made but it's probably makes up only around 10% of it.  Something like 1 brick in 9+ cubic feet of other material.  They're definately wanting a gallon+ per day though.

Today I'm going to give em some aloe vera gel in their water.  I found these aloe leafs in a Mexican grocery that are almost as long as my arm.

15. Day 46 of flower

In two weeks will be the 60 days of flower that the seed company suggests for these plants.  I know to not go by that though.  Thought I'd put some pics up.  I'm going to have some marijuana to smoke soon!  Wish I had some for this weekend, going hiking into some amazing glacial areas.

Attached Files:

16. Plants are looking great. Take some pics with a flash from your camera right before the lights turn on. Or right at lights out. Pictures with the flash are the best. But the room needs to be dark. That is how I always got the best pictures when growing INDOOR. 

17. The Lemon Kush outside is going gangbusters.  It's about eye level now when I'm standing on the soil.  It's going to be in serious competition with the tomatoes and it's taking over the lettuce.

Attached Files:

18. #198 A guy, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    Day 52 of flower

I took some pics with the lights out but with a flash.  While doing some branch hanging I finally squeezed the buds and was surprised at how hard they are.  The big one (with my hand around it) feels like a tight sausage or something.  It sure looks like the C99 will be ready first, followed by the Lemon Kush then Nev Haze.  My guess anyway.

Kinda fuzzy photos, sorry about that.

Oh, and I believe I've decided to stop giving them fertilizer.  Today I watered them with some wheat berry SST, humic acid, and molasses.  I'm pretty sure the soil has enough nutrients to feed the ladies anyway.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      686.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      648.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      572 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      494.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      733.2 KB
      Views:
  19. #199 STIGGY, Jun 9, 2015
    Looking Great Brother
    I'm trying to smell them threw the computer LOL
    Must smell wonderful

20. #200 A guy, Jun 9, 2015
    Trust me, I've been smelling my fingers non-stop since lunch when I was handling these ladies.  I haven't really gotten a distinct aroma from the Nev Haze or Lemon Kush but the C99 is like pineapple-strawberry-bubblegum-herb.  It's soo delicious smelling.

Even my tea toddler wife thinks it smells amazing.